Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I see a few flakes falling in Malahide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Doesn't seem to be anything on AA Roadwatch re Dublin City Centre. Did anyone make it in there for work (who doesn't actually live in the city centre) this morning, what are the roads like.

I'm loving the snow but if I don't make it into work Thurs, Fri, Sat I'm seriously fecked!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It's my vid, myself and a mate laughing. Sorry for offending any of yeee PC heads, but if i find something funny i laugh

PC heads? wtf are you on about?
    You and a mate you say? even more of a reason to say grow the fcuk up :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 martin king

same here in donaghmede ****ty dark clouds not even snow its like dusk:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Potential streamer setting up for Dublin CC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Cionád wrote: »
    Don't want to go off topic, but there was not a hell of a lot of damage, and I would be very surprised if the car was going over 15mph. Crumple zones are designed to do this.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.846275,-6.928519&spn=0.001218,0.002411&t=h&z=19

Blue dot is where the signpost is
    http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/public/184492/Capture.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Fairly light but steady snow falling here still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

why is the met eireann rainfall radar half an hour out of date? they dont have 11.45 up yet

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

It's my vid, myself and a mate laughing. Sorry for offending any of yeee PC heads, but if i find something funny i laugh
    OK Fighting irish has apologised twice so that should be the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

It's been snowing on and off here for the last 18hours. Haven't seen snow like it in 20yrs or so. Went for a walk and it was lovely when I started but soon developed into blizzard like conditions. The wind is blowing snow off the fields and drifting onto roads, which is gonna get interesting. And there doesn't seem to be any end in sight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

why is the met eireann rainfall radar half an hour out of date? they dont have 11.45 up yet

Updates about 18 mins after each timestamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Whiteout in Drogheda!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

11.45 up now.

Most people using http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ as it is easier to read

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Mink wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be anything on AA Roadwatch re Dublin City Centre. Did anyone make it in there for work (who doesn't actually live in the city centre) this morning, what are the roads like.

I'm loving the snow but if I don't make it into work Thurs, Fri, Sat I'm seriously fecked!

Made it in from Finglas to Grafton street with relatively little bother. Roads aren't in great condition, but drivable (I got the bus).

If we get a good pelting today, I can see public transport going off line in fairness. One of the girls in the office reported her bus skidding on the quays on her way in :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

compsys wrote: »
    Really? I'm not too far away in Rathfarnham and still nothing (well apart from this morning's mini blizzard :D)

I work in DL/Blackrock and yesterday it seemed as if all the showers were in Rathfarnham. I took today off work and now it seems as if they're all out in DL/Blackrock! Typical!

The missus texted me.
    She wanted to know if it was alright to use the phrase "Bucketing down" wrt Snow. That was about 11:15-11:25.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Will the snow in meath ever die down for a while so i can walk to the shop. or more trek to the shop :p

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Light snow falling:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 martin king

every few mins comes down lighty:mad::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

snowing again in navan now. not that heavy yet, but it's looking like it might go on for a while from whats going on in the sky. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Potential streamer setting up for Dublin CC?

Possibly - definately snow showers in the next hour in the cc. However will the IOM flow cut off the streamer?:pac:

Id say the north suburbs as well could get some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

V. light snow here now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

compsys wrote: »
    Really? I'm not too far away in Rathfarnham and still nothing (well apart from this morning's mini blizzard :D)

I work in DL/Blackrock and yesterday it seemed as if all the showers were in Rathfarnham. I took today off work and now it seems as if they're all out in DL/Blackrock! Typical!

Correction, light snow finally beginning to fall again :D Here's hoping it gets heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Dcully wrote: »
    PC heads? wtf are you on about?
    You and a mate you say? even more of a reason to say grow the fcuk up :rolleyes:

I am grown up but i find things funny that most other people don't find funny, apologies

If a guy falls out of a wheelchair, i'll help him up but more than likely laugh about it later

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Carlow snowing on and off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

irish147 wrote: »
    snwoing again here in wex town :)

Your getting mighty excited:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Snowing again in Navan, about 6 inches of snow here allready.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

2qk4u wrote: »
    Snowing again in Navan, about 6 inches of snow here allready.

I know mad aint it. Im living in the middle of nowhere but near navan and we could possibly have more and that sky wont let up any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Mink wrote: »

DID U NOT HEAR!?... Town is Closed , no1 went into work!, theres big signs on all main roads into town... " Sorry, closed due to the S*** Load of White SSSSTuff!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

re that crash video - young fellas laugh at stupid stuff without thinking. its what they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

that IOM shadow is really annoying me! always just seem to be on the edge of a streamer... i want full whack! :D:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement