Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Mine is now showing 'Order On-Route - 2020-08-13T10:12:43.000+01:00'

There's a tracking number with a link but when clicked it redirects me to vodafone website.

Am I getting it today?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Mine is now showing 'Order On-Route - 2020-08-13T10:12:43.000+01:00'

There's a tracking number with a link but when clicked it redirects me to vodafone website.

Am I getting it today?

Copy the tracking number and post it into here https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Track/Search

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

chrisire wrote: »
    Copy the tracking number and post it into here https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Track/Search

Nice, it's out for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Got it today too. Looking good so far. Thanks to everyone for posting and helping out.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

ordered Tuesday around 10am and got it this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Seems to be gone from the site.

Wonder is that a permanent move?

Esse85 wrote: »
    Seems to be gone from the site.

Wonder is that a permanent move?

It has happened before, and it came back.

Mine also arrived this morning. I've ordered 3 x Pixel 3a's and 1 x Huawei P30 lite with Vodafone's Switch and Save deals between last October and now, and not one has gone smoothly with confirmation emails etc, but have managed to receive the device each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

ordered on the 4th aug, didn't get confirmation email, so I contacted chat and they sent me one. I still can't make an account today, but contacted chat and they gave me a tracking number that doesn't exist yet. My samsung from Hong Kong came faster than this. Is this the norm for Vodafone? thanks

BatMaths wrote: »
    ordered on the 4th aug, didn't get confirmation email, so I contacted chat and they sent me one. I still can't make an account today, but contacted chat and they gave me a tracking number that doesn't exist yet. My samsung from Hong Kong came faster than this. Is this the norm for Vodafone? thanks

Have you read the thread?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

BatMaths wrote: »

What chat did you contact? When did you contact them? I tried twitter and didn't get anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 TheMagicTurtle

I ordered one yesterday morning when i seen on here that they were in stock. After i had placed the order they went back out if stock. I didn't get a confirmation email, so I contacted chat and they told me that my order has been placed and that i would receive one. I couldn't make an account either the token took to long to send by email and text. Did you guys have the same issue and still receive yours. I'm talking to them now to see if i could get a conformation email.I was told that id get an email within two hours then it was 24 hours now it 48 - 72 hours then i will receive shipping conformation and a tracking number. This is ridiculous what sort of company do they run

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

For what it's worth, I never received any confirmation email at all, and mine turned up in the post today.

Their systems are obviously very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Basil3 wrote: »
    It has happened before, and it came back.

Mine also arrived this morning. I've ordered 3 x Pixel 3a's and 1 x Huawei P30 lite with Vodafone's Switch and Save deals between last October and now, and not one has gone smoothly with confirmation emails etc, but have managed to receive the device each time.

How long was it down for typically before it came back? I can't see the deal persisting much longer with 4a soon available (preorders only at moment). I will get an old Mi 8 this week if it doesn't reappear. The 4a looks far superior (gorilla glass, faster, full length screen). Might pick one up next year if a similar offer returns.

In my case, I obviously should never have bothered ordering a SIM online and took the 10 EUR hit for a shop SIM. Went to shop to get one actually, but then it was out of stock while there so I gave up. Home again, and it was available.

The guy from chat said that they system is dodgy and that he could cancel my order. I'm just going to see what happens within the next few days

The 4a wont be out until the first week in october. Id personally try and see if i could get the 3a still as there isnt that much of an incremental difference between them

The 4a wont be out until the first week in october. Id personally try and see if i could get the 3a still as there isnt that much of an incremental difference between them

Perhaps you'll hear whether or not they are getting in more stock of Pixel 3a. I've just ordered a Xiaomi Mi9 SE instead for 250 EUR from amazon.co.uk (last one), which I think is pretty good. Similar camera quality and smaller profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I ordered one yesterday morning when i seen on here that they were in stock. After i had placed the order they went back out if stock. I didn't get a confirmation email, so I contacted chat and they told me that my order has been placed and that i would receive one. I couldn't make an account either the token took to long to send by email and text. Did you guys have the same issue and still receive yours. I'm talking to them now to see if i could get a conformation email.I was told that id get an email within two hours then it was 24 hours now it 48 - 72 hours then i will receive shipping conformation and a tracking number. This is ridiculous what sort of company do they run

Identical issue here, even down to the 6-digit security token arriving too late. I actually wanted to cancel my order as it didn't take the discount code and I ended up paying €229. Eventually I got a 6-digit code on time yesterday and I could see the order but it was dispatched. it arrived today.

Their twitter had been able to check the order and confirm the details when asked, but they refused to cancel it for me. Maybe you could try them?

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Identical issue here, even down to the 6-digit security token arriving too late. I actually wanted to cancel my order as it didn't take the discount code and I ended up paying €229. Eventually I got a 6-digit code on time yesterday and I could see the order but it was dispatched. it arrived today.

Their twitter had been able to check the order and confirm the details when asked, but they refused to cancel it for me. Maybe you could try them?

I'll try them thanks for the heads up. I doubt that they'd be able to help as when I was chatting to the guy earlier he was able to conform that I had placed the order and that it was still pending. He did say that a number of other customers did have the same issue and they received their devices

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Delisted from site now, so probably completely finished. Waiting here like a fool since Monday for the Eir sim to arrive.

Same. I ordered one months ago so I could avail of the offer- it never arrived. Tried again about a week ago, again it never arrived.

Ah well, looks like I'll be getting the Pixel 4A then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Since last Oct I have ordered 4 3As and received 4 (for family members). The latest being this week. The one thing I made sure off was to use a different email for each.

• Advertisement

Same. I ordered one months ago so I could avail of the offer- it never arrived. Tried again about a week ago, again it never arrived.

Ah well, looks like I'll be getting the Pixel 4A then.

Hopefully the offer will return Q4 this year, but who knows. I will give OH the Mi9 SE, and grab myself a 4a when it goes on offer somewhere. No rush for me as using an Mi5 (released 2016), which even now is still quite fast with LineageOS and GCam. Meanwhile, will get a SIM ready from shop as I am still waiting on Eir after four working days. Probably staffing issues due to pandemic.

For me, I prefer the full size screen of 4a without borders at top and bottom, stronger glass, and even more compact size than 3a. The battery is a tiny bit better too, and much better than flagship Pixel 4. So few phones these days with 3.5mm jack as well.

Hopefully the offer will return Q4 this year, but who knows. I will give OH the Mi9 SE, and grab myself a 4a when it goes on offer somewhere. No rush for me as using an Mi5 (released 2016), which even now is still quite fast with LineageOS and GCam. Meanwhile, will get a SIM ready from shop as I am still waiting on Eir after four working days. Probably staffing issues due to pandemic.

For me, I prefer the full size screen of 4a without borders at top and bottom, stronger glass, and even more compact size than 3a. The battery is a tiny bit better too, and much better than flagship Pixel 4. So few phones these days with 3.5mm jack as well.

The glass on the 3a (Dragontrail with a Vickers hardness value of 673) is actually stronger than the glass on the 4a (Gorilla Glass 3 with a Vickers hardness value of 649).

Perhaps you'll hear whether or not they are getting in more stock of Pixel 3a. I've just ordered a Xiaomi Mi9 SE instead for 250 EUR from amazon.co.uk (last one), which I think is pretty good. Similar camera quality and smaller profile.

That's not really true -> the photos won't be as good as what comes out of the pixel, most particularly in low light and even the general dynamic range and contrast of photos also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

glasso wrote: »
    That's not really true -> the photos won't be as good as what comes out of the pixel, most particularly in low light and even the general dynamic range and contrast of photos also.

I only got the 3a to test this Camera. Comparing it to my older Redmi Note.

After a tiny amount of testing, I would say photos in good light are about 10~15% percent better. Not a huge difference. With a flash again about the same a bit better, but not staggering. The night mode, though is like a like 50% better, not always, but often. The pixel does occasionally over process photos. They do look better overall, all the other stuff, balance, contrast is just a bit better, most of the time.

For a 129 or 149 phone its fantastic. Speakers are decent too. I was thinking of it as backup phone or one for the kids. Free from bloat and spyware too hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,723 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Just ordered the and got an immediate confirmation, using a new eir sim

Might just be lucky of course, but worth a try now if you're looking

(...and, of course, I may be tempting fate by saying I've been lucky, given the cancellations other people have had)
    Mine arrived today - just wanted to say a massive thanks to everyone for keeping this thread updated. I'm in need of a new phone but short of cash, this has been great :)

That is because the stock MIUI camera app is not as good as Gcam, yet the main sensor (48mp but effectively 12mp) itself is flagship quality, a Sony IMX586 as in Mi 9 but with triple camera setup of Mi9t with DXO mark 102, while Pixel 3a is the same-ish at 101.

When comparing both using Gcam, I would expect the Pixel 3a to be only marginally better if at all due to some software optimisation.

That is because the stock MIUI camera app is not as good as Gcam, yet the main sensor (48mp but effectively 12mp) itself is flagship quality, a Sony IMX586 as in Mi 9 but with triple camera setup of Mi9t with DXO mark 102, while Pixel 3a is the same-ish at 101.

When comparing both using Gcam, I would expect the Pixel 3a to be only marginally better if at all due to some software optimisation.

you don't get very good results on other phones using hacked gcam app ports - certainly not near what the pixels produce because the software is optimised for the pixel phones. the difference is still significant. in fact often gcam on normal day shots on non-pixel phones produces worse photos than the stock camera.

e.g. the pocophone f1 phone had the same sensor as the pixel but the gcam results were pretty poor.

it will make your "night shot" photos look brighter but not as good as a pixel phone shot.

also the mi 9 se has lesser camera specs than the mi 9 on some of the sensors. the mi 9 also has different results due to the dsp of the higher cpu in the mi 9.

Google don't pay dxo mark unlike other companies like Xiaomi do. I don't trust dxo mark much anymore.

the pixel phones are all about the software really, not the sensor - they have stuck with the same main sensor for years but the combination with the software is a very reliable point-and-shoot that produces pleasing results

https://9to5google.com/2019/07/09/xiaomi-mi-9-se-review/
    Camera

This is one area where compromises have to be made when your smartphone budget won’t stretch. The Google Pixel 3a has proven that you can compromise in the right areas to give you exceptional user experience and top-tier camera performance. I would love to say the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE can compete, it falls a fair bit short of the 3a.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Available again.

Available again.

Yep, just ordered one 20 min ago switching from other provider. Waiting on tracking info.
    you don't get very good results on other phones using hacked gcam app ports - certainly not near what the pixels produce because the software is optimised for the pixel phones. the difference is still significant. in fact often gcam on normal day shots on non-pixel phones produces worse photos than the stock camera.

That is true, and it depends on which port of Gcam delivers results for your particular model. It took a bit of experimentation and a lot of time to get matching results in Mi5, compared to just grabbing a pixel with native software.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Is the white one ever available? It says not available online does that mean you can get it instore?

Advertisement