Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Does it arrive locked to VF?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

rizzee wrote: »
    Nope.

Oh really? That's great. Will it lock to the first sim you put in?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

Oh really? That's great. Will it lock to the first sim you put in?

Nope, all pixel phones are factory unlocked afaik

I have a €10 eir top up voucher to give away, first one to quote will get it - GONE

That's even better! Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Ordered mine on the 3rd but never received it. Seems to have been cancelled now and showing in out of stock so assume no hope of getting one now? So annoying as others have received it since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

jonnybravo wrote: »
    Ordered mine on the 3rd but never received it. Seems to have been cancelled now and showing in out of stock so assume no hope of getting one now? So annoying as others have received it since.

I ordered on the 3rd as well but it was also cancelled. I ordered again yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Delisted from site now, so probably completely finished. Waiting here like a fool since Monday for the Eir sim to arrive.

I have a €10 eir top up voucher to give away, first one to quote will get it

That's not true, but it is true that these ones from Vodafone are all unlocked. :)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I have a €10 eir top up voucher to give away, first one to quote will get it
    If you still have the Eir voucher, I'd be delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Sappy404 wrote: »
    It was in my basket from yesterday so I just continued with the purchase. Of course it doesn't ask you to confirm details before you buy, and it had forgotten the code I entered yesterday and charged me €229 :( I don't fancy my chances of contacting anyone at Vodafone so I just tried again with the code and used a different card. Might get 2 phones, might get both orders cancelled. Lets see.

Of the two orders I placed yesterday, guess which one has an an post tracking reference and which one is in 'submitted' limbo?

:(

The worst part is, I bought the discounted phone using my email address and registered on vodafone.ie no problem. There was even a 'cancel' option for the order. So I tried creating an account for the full price one to cancel that (I had used my girlfriend's email address for that one) but it just wouldn't send a 6-digit security number in time...

...until today, after the phone is shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kirb42

Did anyone have any look picking up an iPhone 7... keen to find out if thet are also sim-free...

kirb42 wrote: »
    Did anyone have any look picking up an iPhone 7... keen to find out if thet are also sim-free...

Unlikely they are SIM free. I know someone who had a Vodafone iPhone 7 and just received an upgrade. Put a GoMo SIM in it today and it said invalid SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kirb42

Basil3 wrote: »
    Unlikely they are SIM free. I know someone who had a Vodafone iPhone 7 and just received an upgrade. Put a GoMo SIM in it today and it said invalid SIM.

Thanks for the update Basli3, much appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Ardent

Looks like my order for a Pixel 3a has gone through.

When they were all gone a few days ago, I picked up the Huawei P30 Lite. Camera is quite poor on it and so I want to return that and refund. Has anyone successfully returned an online VF phone purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Ardent wrote: »
    Looks like my order for a Pixel 3a has gone through.

When they were all gone a few days ago, I picked up the Huawei P30 Lite. Camera is quite poor on it and so I want to return that and refund. Has anyone successfully returned an online VF phone purchase?

I was told previously that I'd have to post a phone back to them by registered post. Mine was still sealed in the box. I'd had such a bad time dealing with their customer service that I didn't believe I'd get my refund though and ended up keeping the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

jonnybravo wrote: »

Same as - my order on 1st Aug got cancelled but managed to get one yesterday.. They did seem to go in/out of stock and were listed/ delisted over last week - I’d keep checking..

Thanks to Boards members - it was the post yesterday morning that notified me they were back!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Did anyone get the TCL phone and is it locked to Vodafone or simfree?

Those who got An Post tracking links, I got mine in the account page this morning, but no results show on An Posts site.

Anyone else in same boat?

Those who got An Post tracking links, I got mine in the account page this morning, but no results show on An Posts site.

I'd assume it won't show until later tonight, maybe even tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Same here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Mine was delivered today. Seems like they rolled all my orders into one. Pending charges changed into one today also.

It's very slippery phone. Wasn't charged, I don't think I've ever had a new phone that had no power when I opened the box before.

I was expecting it to be cancelled.

If anyone got two (or three or four or five!) for bargain basement €130 (with discount) and wants to sell it on, can PM me. WHO KNOWS? Perhaps it will be on sale again tomorrow or next day.

I wonder how it rates versus an older flagship. Currently moving towards getting a 2018 Mi8 instead. Spent way too much time looking at this way too late! I wouldn't bother with iPhone 7 even if unlocked as can be purchased for less elsewhere, like 210 EUR on Amazon.DE excl. postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Damn mine was cancelled - Any idea how long a refund takes ?

If anyone got two (or three or four or five!) for bargain basement €130 (with discount) and wants to sell it on, can PM me. WHO KNOWS? Perhaps it will be on sale again tomorrow or next day.

I wonder how it rates versus an older flagship. Currently moving towards getting a 2018 Mi8 instead. Spent way too much time looking at this way too late! I wouldn't bother with iPhone 7 even if unlocked as can be purchased for less elsewhere, like 210 EUR on Amazon.DE excl. postage.

Link?

Yeah it's refurbished as you say. :) It's currently €305 + shipping new.

An Post tracking showing up now

Basil3 wrote: »
    An Post tracking showing up now

Same here, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭melikebanana

My order from Tuesday arrived this morning...Couldn't set up an account to view the status online so it was a nice surprise. Used a 48 simcard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Ordered Wednesday morning and it arrived today.

Advertisement