Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

As I suspected, there's a planning application lodged now to amalgamate some of the vacant Abbey Court units, with each other and with part of the surf shop unit they back on to, into a single unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

amadain wrote: »
    Kev,
    Galway gang following a horse in Cheltenham came back with more than empty pockets it seems.
    Big jump to 40 cases now.

Presenting Percy puts in a bigger jump in Galway, now up to 57.

Quak, Just 22 deaths so far, hard to see ”worst case” figure goes to 25,000.

Presenting Percy puts in a bigger jump in Galway, now up to 57.

Just 22 deaths so far, hard to see ”worst case” figure goes to 25,000.

Excess of 50% of population getting infected, with a ~1% fatality rate, gets you to 25k.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭g1983d

Quackster wrote: »
    As I suspected, there's a planning application lodged now to amalgamate some of the vacant Abbey Court units, with each other and with part of the surf shop unit they back on to, into a single unit.

Any idea on what may be going in there, be good to see them occupied but hard to see how with the rent they charge

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

g1983d wrote: »
    Any idea on what may be going in there, be good to see them occupied but hard to see how with the rent they charge

There was talks of JYSK coming to Tralee, and they were looking at the old Dunnes unit, but maybe they will go into Abbey court?

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    There was talks of JYSK coming to Tralee, and they were looking at the old Dunnes unit, but maybe they will go into Abbey court?

Maybe, wouldnt be surprised if dunnes still acting if they want to let the unit but dont want to really.
    Owner in abbeycourt may have seen an opportunity and approached them

Better location too, to be able to park at back to collect bulky goods

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said that from midnight tonight and for a two-week period, everybody must stay at home, except in specific circumstances.

Full lockdown it is

Possibly, although the old Guineys unit might be a more likely option.

There are a couple of chains that might be interested in opening here if the right unit were available, such as H&M, Zara, New Look etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Quackster wrote: »
    Possibly, although the old Guineys unit might be a more likely option.

There are a couple of chains that might be interested in opening here if the right unit were available, such as H&M, Zara, New Look etc.

Don't be getting my hopes up now!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I think it's someone involved with Homestore and Morey... going out on his own ...no idea if this is true or not

• Advertisement

I think it's someone involved with Homestore and Morey... going out on his own ...no idea if this is true or not

Lot of money to be investing for local guy connected with home store
    2 units there are €65k a year rent

Check out this property I found using Daft

www.daft.ie/5931530

• Registered Users Posts: 85,023 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said that from midnight tonight and for a two-week period, everybody must stay at home, except in specific circumstances.

Full lockdown it is

Let's home it works and the numbers slow down

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

[QUOTE=amadain;112930571]Total LOCKDOWN will save lives[/QUOTE]
    cms88 wrote: »
    Do the people calling for a lockdown actually understand wha it actually means? It's not as easy as some think to just go ahead and do it
    g1983d wrote: »
    People can choose to stay at home, that in effect is lockdown, personal responsibility
    Not as dramatic as LOCKDOWN in caps.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/summary/

Interactive map, just click on "KERRY" to show 15 cases confirmed (as reported so far).
    Shake shack, the castle and those in Banna to follow
    LOCKDOWN
    Better safe (at home) than sorry, but hopefully we look back and wonder what this overreaction was all about.
    "I like it when people are thinking I'm overreacting," Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases "because that means we're doing it just right." Fauci's point is that "when you're dealing with an emerging infectious disease outbreak, you are always behind where you think you are, if you think that today reflects where you really are."
    That's especially true with a disease like COVID-19, since the vast majority of infections involve mild to nonexistent symptoms. In the absence of widespread testing, the number of known cases therefore creates a misleading picture of the epidemic.
    Fauci was referring to the guidelines recommending that elderly and people with serious pre-existing medical conditions remain at home. They also advise the general public to avoid bars, restaurants, unnecessary travel, and groups of more than 10 people and confining millions of people to their homes except for "essential" purposes. That includes not going to Banna btw so show some personal responsibility.
    Full lockdown it is

[QUOTE=Panda Killa;112931132]No, in fact it could be quite the opposite.... lockdowns lead to spikes in infection when the general population reintegrates...
    the W.H.O. say no, the CMO in Ireland says no...the only people calling for it are Mary Lou McDonald and Ill informed Facebook "experts" .... think I'll look to the real experts tbh[/QUOTE]

Coronavirus Ireland: Taoiseach Leo Varadkar confirms full LOCKDOWN as all non-essential trips are banned.

Panda, Leo obviously read my earlier posts on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Went for a stroll there towards town direction after the Late Late, some amount of Garda presence around in vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

Adiboo wrote: »
    Went for a stroll there towards town direction after the Late Late, some amount of Garda presence around in vehicles.

Mod Edit: Homophobic hate speech not acceptable and has been deleted. Further offence = ban!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

leavingirl wrote: »

He was elected and is abiding by the terms of the constitution by remaining taoiseach until one is elected.

And to answer your question...yes..or have you an alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

He was elected and is abiding by the terms of the constitution by remaining taoiseach until one is elected.

And to answer your question...yes..or have you an alternative?

And you'll be happy when they steal all your money?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

If you don’t like it why don’t you fu(k off to the UK Italy or USA. See how you like them apples.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Is the '***' reference alluding to his sexual orientation? If so, shame on you.

Coronavirus Ireland: Taoiseach Leo Varadkar confirms full LOCKDOWN as all non-essential trips are banned.

Panda, Leo obviously read my earlier posts on here.

😠:-) or more likely people couldn't follow a simple request and advice so have to forced to save lives rather than recklessly endanger them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Very detailed article here on what "cocooning" actually means:

https://kfmradio.com/node/116297

PLease keep it civil and be respectful. This isn’t a political thread. No more digs at political representatives, especially referring to their private life. Mod

I heard about that. I think the Gardaí had to go to move people from Dunnes. Not sure what the story was though.

I went to the Horan centre dunnes about an hour ago and it was fairly quiet. Plenty of stock too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Some of queues around a lot of supermarkets are stretched out due to social distancing, but that one seems to be a mixtures of some people following the rules, and a few complete brainless dickwads who aren't. :mad:

Thankfully, a slower spread in Kerry today, just three new cases (47 altogether).

I heard about that. I think the Gardaí had to go to move people from Dunnes. Not sure what the story was though.

I went to the Horan centre dunnes about an hour ago and it was fairly quiet. Plenty of stock too.

Yep, I've been doing the same. Only thing I'd like that Horan Centre is missing are self-service tills.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

My argument about all of this is though, now that the virus is here, how do you stop it taking off again once this lockdown is over, it’s all artificial when it’s all closed up, exactly the same as shutting the dampers on the stove. If everything opens back up, even to a lessser degree than what was normal, off it goes again full blaze.
    We either all get tested regularly once the testing regime is fully up and going and our movements are recorded somehow or there is ongoing restrictions untill a vaccine appears. This is meant to take up to 18 months.
    Travelling is going to be hassle in the future now too, as not all countries are doing similar systems as we are. Quarantine in and out will surely have to be a thing in that regard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

My argument about all of this is though, now that the virus is here, how do you stop it taking off again once this lockdown is over, it’s all artificial when it’s all closed up, exactly the same as shutting the dampers on the stove. If everything opens back up, even to a lessser degree than what was normal, off it goes again full blaze.
    We either all get tested regularly once the testing regime is fully up and going and our movements are recorded somehow or there is ongoing restrictions untill a vaccine appears. This is meant to take up to 18 months.
    Travelling is going to be hassle in the future now too, as not all countries are doing similar systems as we are. Quarantine in and out will surely have to be a thing in that regard?

On the Beeb earlier they let it slip that this phase could go on for 3-6 months with a rolling back of measures or their reintroduction thereafter for up to 2 years. In short tourism and the airline industry is destroyed and everything else is up in the air for the foreseeable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

If I was to guess..the lockdown will last a month...there will be pre lockdown enforcements in place until August or September... after that..and travel will.be strictly monitored... countries like Italy, Spain will be off limits....
    I think the UK is going to see a massive, massive spike in deaths over the next 2-3 weeks.... we'll be closing our borders to them for quite some time.
    We're in for restricted openings of business... exercise classes and the like are going to be limited numbers...
    Schools are going to be the real nightmare...you can't have 1500 students invading mounthawk all at once... it'll be catastrophic.....
    I genuinely think we have a year of this ahead of us....we need a cure... there's no other solution

Advertisement