Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anker Premium Stereo Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker (A3143) - 40% Off @ £23.99 Delivered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Has this price come up since? On the lookout for something like this to replace loads of crappy small ones. Not such a bargain at £40 though. I set up a camelcamelcamel alert but that doesn't pick up daily deals like this one

Read the first post and you'll seee why its a bargain at even £40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Doge wrote: »
    Read the first post and you'll seee why its a bargain at even £40.

I agree, just the bargain Hunter in me, I'd hate to pay the £40 and the it drop back to £24! Might leave the alert for a week or two and see if it moves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,104 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

noticing some definite distortion at low volumes on mine; I normally use it fairly loud but it's still noticeably distorted as songs fade out. Has anyone returned one of these - who did you go through, Amazon or Anker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

brightkane wrote: »
    How do you know when it's fully charged when charging folks?

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭corkie

How do you know when it's fully charged when charging folks?
    Anyone?

The led light goes off when fully charged.

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    noticing some definite distortion at low volumes on mine; I normally use it fairly loud but it's still noticeably distorted as songs fade out. Has anyone returned one of these - who did you go through, Amazon or Anker?

I went through Anker, they usually send out a replacement and let you keep the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

Looking to get one of these is it worth waiting for the price to come down or will it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Looking to get one of these is it worth waiting for the price to come down or will it?
    There's a fairly highly rated Sony speaker reduced on Amazon at present if you are anxious to get a speaker sharpish. £34.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

duridian wrote: »
    There's a fairly highly rated Sony speaker reduced on Amazon at present if you are anxious to get a speaker sharpish. £34.50

Would this speaker or the original be practical for playing music through spotify for a home gym??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Yes.

Wait until 5 pm today (Sunday) and it will be a Deal of the Day....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

Where are you seeing this can't find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Where are you seeing this can't find it

They're right.
    But I think there's no way to show you a direct link until the price changes at 5pm.

Click on "Today's deals" near the top of Amazon.co.uk homepage, then filter them down to "Electronics & photos" by ticking the box in the panel to the left. Scroll down through them, it's about 36 items down the list at time I am posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

It's coming up now at £33.90... Got to be worth a punt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

new.png?force=1&zero=0&w=725&h=440&desired=false&legend=1&ilt=1&tp=all&fo=0&lang=en

There's £5 off this speaker at the moment down to £34, was a little bit cheaper last month too.

I do think it's quite cheeky on Amazons part to say it's currently 43% off because they only ever raise it to a maximum price for a couple of days a year and the rest of the time it's on "sale"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Yes.

Thanks for the heads up..
    Bit dearer than the original BA, and I'm sure it will drop lower at some stage, but based on the reviews, I reckon it still qualifies as a bargain at £33.90

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Just ordered one. Works out at €44 so worth the punt on it..

I have one its awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭The lips

Thanks for the heads up.

I paid £40 for it last week.

I called them and they will happily refund the difference.

I am really happy with the sound, it blows my old ue boombox I got on a previous BA out of the water.

Highly recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

My advice : don't mither over ~<Eur10 : go get this amazing piece of kit.

The sound, build, battery life, & overall quality from its 2 x 10w speakers is absolutely incredible, when you think what they charge for a Sonos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 westside

Anyone know how it will compare to the below

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Denon-Portable-Premium-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B00NBXJ9NW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462133543&sr=8-1&keywords=denon+envaya+mini

I am looking for a reasonable good speaker and don't want to pay a premium for the likes of the Bose Soundlink mini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Above is only 8w speaker and Anker is 20w so much better imo

Sasso wrote: »
    Cheers Sasso
    Pulled the trigger on the Anker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭mel123

Missed it again aagggghhh :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mine has the distortion at low volumes problem. Contacted Anker and customer service was great. Sent me out a replacement and told me to keep/ throw the old one out. Unfortunately the replacement has the same issues too.

Great customer service but quality control seems an issue with the speaker.

Sasso wrote: »
    Not sure about the sound quality of any of these but please don't base your purchase decision on advertised watts as it has nothing to do with sound quality. You need to listen the two to see which is better. And as you normally can't you'll need to read reviews to decide.

Ordered one and recieved it today. Nice speaker to look at. Sound is good for ~eur 50 ( I didn't get it on sale). It seems to struggle at very low levels but is good at mid range levels although I would like a little more bass. Build looks to be good n solid. It's quite heavy so if you are bring a laptop/iPad/ plugs etc, it will add to the weight of your bag. It goes without saying that the sound quality at certain levels (low and high) won't compare to the Bose Soundlink but it's a quarter of the price and definitely more bang for your buck. Hope that helps people who are looking

Mine's on the way - hopefully have it Mon/Tue..

Anyone who received theirs recently got any feedback?

Hoping I'm not one of those affected by the distortion issue..

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

I got one about three weeks ago
    Speaker is great for the price, looks really well
    No distortion issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

adox wrote: »
    Mine has the distortion at low volumes problem. Contacted Anker and customer service was great. Sent me out a replacement and told me to keep/ throw the old one out. Unfortunately the replacement has the same issues too.

Great customer service but quality control seems an issue with the speaker.

Can you please give me email of anker support mine has a hiss and high pitched noise, apart from that it's a nice speaker, cheers

• Advertisement

chris1970 wrote: »
    Can you please give me email of anker support mine has a hiss and high pitched noise, apart from that it's a nice speaker, cheers

Just log in to your Amazon account, find your order for it and take it from thre. It will direct to direct contact with Anker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

banchang wrote: »
    My advice : don't mither over ~<Eur10 : go get this amazing piece of kit.

The sound, build, battery life, & overall quality from its 2 x 10w speakers is absolutely incredible, when you think what they charge for a Sonos.

Having both this and the Sonos Play 1, the Anker doesn't even compare IMO. It's a great portable speaker but the Sonos is outstanding. Clarity difference between the two is very noticeable. Also no distortion on the Sonos at high volumes. Yes, the Sonos is four times the price, but you really do get an outstanding speaker for the money.

Both don't get me wrong, the Anker is a fantastic portable speaker in its own right.

100% agree. I have the Sonos 3 and its in a different league. I was using the Anker a good bit over the weekend and think its a great little speaker and well worth €50 - its a pity about the distortion at the lower levels but if you are listening to it at 'normal' volumes it is great and it looks great. Anyone know if you can buy a skin for this?

westside wrote: »
    100% agree. I have the Sonos 3 and its in a different league. I was using the Anker a good bit over the weekend and think its a great little speaker and well worth €50 - its a pity about the distortion at the lower levels but if you are listening to it at 'normal' volumes it is great and it looks great. Anyone know if you can buy a skin for this?

Don't know of any skin for it, but I listed some case options here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99098907&postcount=137

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

i got mine yesterday, when i connect to bluetooth, opening applications on phone i get abit of static, also say if i connect chromecast audio to the line in, when nothing is playing alot of static and it seems to be doing it no matter what the volume is set at on the anker

Surfn wrote: »
    i got mine yesterday, when i connect to bluetooth, opening applications on phone i get abit of static, also say if i connect chromecast audio to the line in, when nothing is playing alot of static and it seems to be doing it no matter what the volume is set at on the anker

I'd give them a mail, mentioning the batch number as advised earlier on this thread..
    Mine doesn't have this issue, though haven't tested line in yet.

My impressions so far:

Great wee speaker for €40-odd
    Never expected it to be a Sonos-killer or anything, but it has decent volume and sound quality..

It will be handy for taking to a hotel room on trips etc, and to cast laptop sound to at home when I don't fancy firing up the big speakers..

Highly recommended at the price (was £33 on lightning deal)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Available again with case for 40gbp (around €47)

Obviously not as good as £24, but a decent enough price if your in the market for one

(Cant link because Im on the app)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Anyone selling a spare or looking to sell their own?

I'm going travelling and looking to pick up a cheap enough travel speaker.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭SteM

If you can't pick one up I'd recommend this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01AN7BFOO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469042925&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=aukey+speaker&dpPl=1&dpID=51K-8fHditL&ref=plSrch

It's not as good as the anker but the sound is still good imo, it's lighter than the anker, it's splash proof and the battery lasts for ages. It's cheaper too. I have both and I'm happy to bring the aukey out with me on the go.

I got mine yesterday, im so disappointed. I expected the sound to be really clear, but its not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭SteM

mel123 wrote: »
    I got mine yesterday, im so disappointed. I expected the sound to be really clear, but its not

Maybe you got a faulty unit?

• Advertisement

SteM wrote: »
    Maybe you got a faulty unit?

Possibly. I will email them and see if they will exchange for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Love Anker's stuff.
    Got Bluetooth earphones and they easily beat any other Bluetooth earphones i've had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Love Anker's stuff.
    Got Bluetooth earphones and they easily beat any other Bluetooth earphones i've had.

I was looking at them a few days ago. Which ones did you get

41gBs4TtrcL._SX425_.jpg

or

41%2BVhFIG61L._SX425_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Thanks.

Adverts.ie is your friend......

Thanks.

this is big enough, not sure i would want to be lugging this around. i would recommend you go with something lighter and more rugged if travelling. I have it but if you can stretch to the UE roll I think this would be better for travelling. it has good sound, its light and waterproof

There's a white speaker available to buy now! Not sure how long its on sale.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Wireless-Bluetooth-Radiators-Subwoofers/dp/B01D9JG5RK

41VdNlXY85L.jpg

mel123 wrote: »
    Possibly. I will email them and see if they will exchange for me.

One thing Anker have is excellent customer service.

I had the distortion problem on low volumes with my speaker when I got it and contacted them. They just sent out another one and didn't want the first one returned. Unfortunately the second one seemed to have the same problem but I didn't send it back. The sound is absolutely fantastic out of them. As clear as day with nice controlled bass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,554 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I bought one of these when it was originally posted and just wondering is there anything similar available now around the same price?
    I have been keeping an eye on the Anker for the last while and price hasnt really changed so looking for a good alternative with similar spec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone get the crea case for the Anker speaker from Amazon.co.uk? every time I look for it it says it doesnt ship to Ireland for some reason, anyone know where to get one?

• Advertisement
Advertisement