Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I like Abbey as well, but the share price seems to be stuck on a narrow range between about €14.50 to €15 for a good while now and the liquidity problem (only 18.4% of the shares are in free float) makes it very difficult to gauge.

The market observers I have read seem to think the Gallaghers will take the company private (or sell out entirely to a 3rd party suitor) either way there will be a good premium to the current market share price when they do move

(Thats why I bought in anyway :-) )

Its basically a one way bet, but a little patience may be required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Any thoughts on HIVE after the past two days? Seem's a good opportunity to buy in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Any thoughts on HIVE after the past two days? Seem's a good opportunity to buy in.

Could go lower as more shares becoming free trading in February, I'm hoping it won't but it could.
    It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next few days, I'd wait until February shares become free trading before doing anything. If it holds through that, should have a run.
    To me it's cheap now but could get cheaper. I've went through the share dilution already it's not pretty.

Fidelity have upped their share holding to 10% over the last few weeks, looks like they don't think the trend is going the right way either.

Few stop losses could he hit today if it's dips below 2.50, it's cheap below that and won't stay there for the whole of February. I'd expect it to be 4 by earnings and if not this one 6 by the following one.

Personally holding until October/November. Not selling anything before then at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Been looking at this the past week.
    Is it better to buy on Toronto or Frankfurt exchange ?

will56 wrote: »

At the price it is right now I think it's a good entry point. It has a rocky road ahead for the next 2 weeks...it is due for some serious upside in these couple or weeks everything going to plan.
    Dipped again yesterday but volume is coming back so it's in play now.

As for what exchange to buy on, I really don't know I've them on both. It's cheap now on the borse at 1.69. will that be worth 2.69 by end of Feb I think so.

• Advertisement

will56 wrote: »

What do you make of the stock?

This is worth a read in around what my estimate was https://www.newcurrencyfrontier.com/2018/01/30/game-of-crypto-chicken-now-playing-at-the-venture-exchange/
    Another bloodbath today though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

This is worth a read in around what my estimate was https://www.newcurrencyfrontier.com/2018/01/30/game-of-crypto-chicken-now-playing-at-the-venture-exchange/
    Another bloodbath today though...

Good read, thanks.!

I've been reading a bit about HIVE (first heard of it here) the last few weeks, think I will take the plunge...

Do people see the share price dipping further ~ Feb 12th when those $1.50 shares become available for trading? Interested in opinions.

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Good read, thanks.!

I've been reading a bit about HIVE (first heard of it here) the last few weeks, think I will take the plunge...

Do people see the share price dipping further ~ Feb 12th when those $1.50 shares become available for trading? Interested in opinions.

I've rode over the $6.75 hill with this stock when hit with a trading halt after a big short and they had to release 24 million shares early, dragged back down to $4 lifted a bit then dropped down to around the $3.70 mark, then in December another 37.8 million shares became free trading and it held steady enough even though those shares were at .30 cent.

The Feb 12th release is very close to earnings not sure the exact date. The stock has a huge short interest again, I'm not sure how far it could dip.
    I would love to get shares at $1.50 or less. I've no idea what way it's going next but it's going up some time in February.

Nice entry into HIVE today at 1.95

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Am I right in saying earnings the 8th, then share dilution the 12th?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Financials around 28th Feb i would say. Previous quarterlies were released on 29th Nov & 28th Aug from what i can see.

Previous filings & news releases are all here if you want to have a look
    https://www.sedar.com/DisplayCompanyDocuments.do?lang=EN&issuerNo=00004998

Haven't bought any of these (yet) but keeping an interested eye on how it goes!

Up 6% in the hour... If only I was playing with bigger numbers

Up 6% in the hour... If only I was playing with bigger numbers

I think it's gearing up for what happened in November https://equity.guru/2017/11/05/bitcoin-hits-new-time-high-yesterday-fork-fork-off-2/
    Short interest was way up again last week, http://shortdata.ca/largest-short-positions/ Just click venture.
    There's a squeeze on the way I'd bet.

I think it's gearing up for what happened in November https://equity.guru/2017/11/05/bitcoin-hits-new-time-high-yesterday-fork-fork-off-2/
    Short interest was way up again last week, http://shortdata.ca/largest-short-positions/ Just click venture.
    There's a squeeze on the way I'd bet.

Thanks for that

Thanks for that

It's good to see projections based on lower than todays crypto prices. Think I'd be crying if I had money in crypto, hopefully we backed the right horse to get through the storm.

It's good to see projections based on lower than todays crypto prices. Think I'd be crying if I had money in crypto, hopefully we backed the right horse to get through the storm.

Indeed it is, it's like we have gone back in time.

Indeed it is, it's like we have gone back in time.

Looks like something might be happening, big volume and up over 5% in the first few minutes. Pretty good, probably going into another ETF tomorrow which should help.
    Little downward pressure on opening but it ripped through it.

Looks like something might be happening, big volume and up over 5% in the first few minutes. Pretty good, probably going into another ETF tomorrow which should help.
    Little downward pressure on opening but it ripped through it.

Up 8%, was hoping to buy more today but not likely now.

Up 8%, was hoping to buy more today but not likely now.

Do you know when an ETF starts to accumulate shares, I know that the new HBLK ETF launching today will be 5% Hive, i'm just wondeing will they need to start buying and that coupled with the rise in the price of ether were back to our Bull case could we see that short sqeeze happen today.

I'm thinking something might happen like the last time, the short squeeze causes a problem with liquidity, Hive is forced again to release the shares due on the 12th early to keep things under control. It got halted the last time, if it happens I want to be on the right side of it.

• Advertisement

Guess the best thing to do is have funds in place and buy orders lined up. I’m no expert on the stock at all but the same rules apply to it as any other stock, so a short squeeze is possible and the TSX could well indeed take it into it’s own hands and force a sale (I think). I’m happy to keep growing my position for now regardless of any potential short term drops, but will set a few orders for lower points, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

HIVE is looking like an absolute bargain today at ~1.25.

Got in yesterday at ~1.40, but now considering picking up some more.

Thinking of getting more but i'm already well in, going to wait and see what's happens after the 12th. Could have lower to go, think it's going to take big earnings to lift it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

If HIVE is so good why is the short positions increasing?
    https://shortdata.ca/?c=hive-blockchain%20technologies%20ltd.-short-sales&sym=HIVE.V

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    If HIVE is so good why is the short positions increasing?
    https://shortdata.ca/?c=hive-blockchain%20technologies%20ltd.-short-sales&sym=HIVE.V

There's nothing happening, no news, no earnings, when the shorts have to start covering their position after a catalyst for example when earnings are reported this month and turn out to be very positive as hoped it'll rocket the price up.
    A lot of shares become free trading on the 12th the share price may hold but it could go lower. It dropped 33% in November when it happened. https://smallcappower.com/news/market-news/hive-blockchain-stock-news/

Once that's out of the way you should see the shorts decrease. I'm not sure too many will short this on the run into earnings once the price settles after the shares are released.

This is one of the heaviest shorted stocks on the tsvx but it's also the fastest growing in its history.

It joined another ETF yesterday, so it's now in all 4 blockchain etf's, somebody is seeing potential here somewhere.

TheSheriff wrote: »
    HIVE is looking like an absolute bargain today at ~1.25.

Got in yesterday at ~1.40, but now considering picking up some more.

It's something https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericervin/2018/02/08/top-5-blockchain-related-stocks-for-2018-and-a-few-to-avoid/amp/ :)

You could nearly day trade HIVE at this rate.

You could nearly day trade HIVE at this rate.

It's a nice day trade, sorry my average is way over the current price or I would be. You've 10%+ a day there every day.

I don't know what to do i'm still concerned about the 12th before loading a few more, i'll put in a few stinky bids on monday and see can I get filled.

It's a nice day trade, sorry my average is way over the current price or I would be. You've 10%+ a day there every day.

I don't know what to do i'm still concerned about the 12th before loading a few more, i'll put in a few stinky bids on monday and see can I get filled.

Have more orders lined up today to get the average down, half my holding was bought in at around $3.00.

Hopefully fill those orders today around the opening price. Sold some VUSA to fund it

• Advertisement

I'm going lower than that when those shares come out...
    https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/hive-blockchain-closes-30-million-bought-deal-financing-completes-7-million-investment-by-genesis-mining-and-acquires-second-data-centre-650413943.html

Actually no there not going to be sold for under $2, yesterdays close is a good entry. I'll be keeping an eye on the pre market today.

Advertisement