Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#bringdownjulianblanc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭JasperGeorge.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Yeah, fire away. It honestly doesn't bother me what people do as long as its consensual, but these are traits I've noticed in people that are less than 'selective' in their sexual partners.

I agree. Selectivity is healthy to a point. I would never expect a woman I was dating to have been a nun. But I would be unhappy to learn she had slept with scores without thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Your guardian angel was speaking to me yesterday, GIVE ME MONEY!!

strobe wrote: »
    Your guardian angel was speaking to me yesterday, GIVE ME MONEY!!

They're not THAT bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Ficheall

eviltwin wrote: »
    What is professional about a dating coach? I'm talking about a counsellor or therapist. If you can't even talk to a member of the opposite sex then you need to sort that out and some self styled dating expert won't help. They might be able to give you some tips but if you don't have the confidence you won't see much success.

Ah now - there's no guarantee your counsellor or therapist is going to be of any use either..

Ficheall wrote: »
    Ah now - there's no guarantee your counsellor or therapist is going to be of any use either..

Yes but you have the satisfaction of knowing you were screwed over by an accredited professional. It puts the mind at rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Didn't read anything past the first couple of lines, but he's a PUA type so he probably deserves whatever people have against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Yes but you have the satisfaction of knowing you were screwed over by an accredited professional. It puts the mind at rest.

Any of these PUA types indemnify themselves in the small print by stating that their 'methods' are for entertainment purposes only.

Accredited psychological and psychiatric professionals will address the underlying issues with a person rather than the equivalent of slapping a band aid on a gaping wound which is exactly what all these 'dating coaches' and 'lifestyle coaches' do - they provide the illusion of a quick and easy solution to what these men see as their more immediate issues.

I shouldn't need to point out to you the obvious flaws in self-diagnosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Someone ban the OP for using a hashtag as a thread title or else we're all doomed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Someone ban the OP for using a hashtag as a thread title or else we're all doomed

Agreed, this can't be allowed to spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Accredited psychological and psychiatric professionals will address the underlying issues with a person rather than the equivalent of slapping a band aid on a gaping wound which is exactly what all these 'dating coaches' and 'lifestyle coaches' do - they provide the illusion of a quick and easy solution to what these men see as their more immediate issues.

I shouldn't need to point out to you the obvious flaws in self-diagnosis.

That's interesting - and what do you feel are the obvious flaws in self-diagnosis?

• Advertisement

Ah here steady on!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

This is the lad that went round choking women right?

Sounds a right creepy prick who deserves all the flak coming his way.

Cosmicfox wrote: »
    This is the lad that went round choking women right?

Sounds a right creepy prick who deserves all the flak coming his way.

I agree he is obnoxious. But as for him deserving ALL the flak coming his way I would like to point out that there are some extremely odd people out there who are as easily swept up in movements like this as the men who followed him are. They can go too far.

He should be stopped but in a more controlled less public flogging type of a way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Man treating women badly on the internet? How can we tie this to gamergate?

Man treating women badly on the internet? How can we tie this to gamergate?

It was in RL.

I agree he is obnoxious. But as for him deserving ALL the flak coming his way I would like to point out that there are some extremely odd people out there who are as easily swept up in movements like this as the men who followed him are. They can go too far.

He should be stopped but in a more controlled less public flogging type of a way.

He seems like the type to have lots of creepy like-minded fans who probably think what he did is ok. Might not hurt to have him made an example of, that disgusting crap like that has consequences. Not as far as having some nutcase hunt him down and kill him like. Public humiliation seems about right.

He seems like the type to have lots of creepy like-minded fans who probably think what he did is ok. Might not hurt to have him made an example of, that disgusting crap like that has consequences. Not as far as having some nutcase hunt him down and kill him like. Public humiliation seems about right.

I really hope you're joking.

I'm really not. What this guy did isn't anything to laugh about.

I'm really not. What this guy did isn't anything to laugh about.

No but I think what's happening to him now is a bit much and not to be laughed at either.

Ficheall wrote: »
    That's interesting - and what do you feel are the obvious flaws in self-diagnosis?

For starters -

http://m.psychologytoday.com/blog/debunking-myths-the-mind/201005/the-dangers-self-diagnosis

• Advertisement

I don't really care what happens to him or any of these idiots who follow him. He threw himself into the frying pan by going around choking women and calling them whores. He thought he'd get away with it.

Hopefully they'll see that acting like a complete moron will have consequences. At least no-one has tried choking him yet, so there's that.

I don't really care what happens to him or any of these idiots who follow him. He threw himself into the frying pan by going around choking women and calling them whores. He thought he'd get away with it.

Hopefully they'll see that acting like a complete moron will have consequences. At least no-one has tried choking him yet, so there's that.

I think going through the proper authorities would be a wiser course of action. Consequences should be measured against the original actions. They mean much more then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I think going through the proper authorities would be a wiser course of action. Consequences should be measured against the original actions. They mean much more then.

We live in the era of the social media smackdown, and right now the Eye of Sauron is pointing right at him. He's in for an uncomfortable few days/weeks.

Is that justice? I dunno, but welcome to 2014.

Yurt! wrote: »
    We live in the era of the social media smackdown, and right now the Eye of Sauron is pointing right at him. He's in for an uncomfortable few days/weeks.

Is that justice? I dunno, but welcome to 2014.

No it's not justice. And it will only serve to further legitimize him illogical as that seems. I realize very little can be done about it in reality. But he should get no more than he deserves. Also bear in mind some of the men targeted at these evens for attending have done nothing but actually go to a seminar.

You're absolutely right, I wouldn't normally advocate violence, but I could certainly turn a blind eye while every one of those women he choked queued up to choke him within an inch of his life repeatedly, one after the other, and humiliated him in the same way as he has done to them.

That's not eye for an eye or mob justice, that's exactly the consequences measured against the original actions.

You're absolutely right, I wouldn't normally advocate violence, but I could certainly turn a blind eye while every one of those women he choked queued up to choke him within an inch of his life repeatedly, one after the other, and humiliated him in the same way as he has done to them.

That's not eye for an eye or mob justice, that's exactly the consequences measured against the original actions.
    It would only serve to give him a moral high ground in some quarters.

Suppose so. But I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy seeing twats like him squirm when things blow up in their face.

It would only serve to give him a moral high ground in some quarters.

Unfortunately, I have to agree, I know you're right - some other useless menace to society will take his place and have to go one 'better' again, pushing the extreme to the next level of depravity and humiliation.

The world is a worse place for having bred the likes of the mentality he represents, and the extreme reactionaries whom he gives rise to exist in civilised society.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

JasperGeorge, are you a PUA of some kind yourself? You seem to be defending this fella, and "normalising" the idea of hoards of men going to these "seminars". And yourself and Yurt seem to be having an awfully polite exchange of views for two people on opposing sides of the argument. Similar writing style aswell!!

All of these PUA's should be made illegal IMO. And psychics. Unless of course they want to provide their "services" free of charge. Doubt that'll happen though.

eviltwin wrote: »
    So get help from a professional for your lack of confidence, negative body language or whatever it is that's holding you back. Going to a dating coach is a waste of money and reeks of desperation.

Here missus, whats wrong with that? Not getting sex when your balls feel like Chernobyl can do that to a fella! And emotionally pushing someone away only makes it worse. This is the age of "look after your mental health"! If you come across a fella who "reeks of desperation" as you put it, don't reject him! Try and set him up with one of your friends! (Hint: Usually the one who cant get a man, the curvy one, there's one in every female group of friends!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I love RSD, as they take the whole into account. It doesn't even feel like pick up. Some incredible free material just out there on Youtube. This guy Owen Cooke who set up it over 10 years ago and you can just see the passion in his eyes, he has to make men's lives better, and there isn't many male only outlets to get specific advice from men (who are going through similar stuff), but he always states they got to do it themselves. No doubt he has saved lives and we'll never hear a thing about that.

This is a great, great video for people in a very low place, he gets it, completely. This one video has helped me more than anything when going through chronic pain, even much more than my best friends (I'm serious)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement