Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#bringdownjulianblanc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭JasperGeorge.

newmug wrote: »
    JasperGeorge, are you a PUA of some kind yourself? You seem to be defending this fella, and "normalising" the idea of hoards of men going to these "seminars". And yourself and Yurt seem to be having an awfully polite exchange of views for two people on opposing sides of the argument. Similar writing style aswell!!

All of these PUA's should be made illegal IMO. And psychics. Unless of course they want to provide their "services" free of charge. Doubt that'll happen though.

I knew I would accused of this *rolls eyes* no, I was never into PUA. I do sympathize with the situation some men find themselves in and the urge to change it. I don't condone what this guy has done.

And Adamantium are you serious? ( Don't answer that I know you're a shill) He has gotten women into physical choke holds WTF??

That guy Owen Cooke (Tyler Durden) is one of the weirdest freaks on the PUA circuit. On the other hand he is the only coach to suggest being friendly and cool is the way to get girls. He could care less about the people who come to listen to him and its clear. maybe it wasnt that way in the past, but these videos all appear to be "mail it in events" where he shows up, does what he supposed to do and gets the hell out of there. No connection whatsoever with these losers that attend these things. He probably sees them as losers too and thats why. I wonder what it's like to have a following of people you can't stand?

When you like a girl make an effort and be friendly. Be genuine.

It's funny how all these guys can't wait to crap on each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Jaysus these PUA threads are getting as common as the 'foreign women are better' threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Em no it's not, it's called manipulation.

I've written my sexual history, technique and penis length (no photo's, that's a mistake) down in a brief resume. I then go to nightclubs and hand it out. After a formal interview we (hopefully) progress onto copulation. I think it's the fairest way.

In any social romantic type situation where a guy approaches a girl, or vice versa, there's going to be an interaction. The guy/girl is pretty much trying to impress the other person and probably trying to learn more about them. It doesn't involve lying, it just is about getting the other person to believe you're someone that it's worth spending time with.

That interaction is a social skill. There are people who are useless at it. There are guys who'll say completely the wrong thing. They'll look like fools. These guys aren't dicks, they just lack certain social skills. And life isn't like the films were some girl will see a badly dressed guy who can't string a sentence together and yet still see the diamond within.

So guys go out and learn this stuff. they learn how to approach a girl without looking like a stalker. How to start a conversation that might interest the girl. How to present themselves in the best light. This isn't like something in a Barney Stinson playbook, it's just social skills. And why not? People train in interview technique because they are useless in interviews. This is similar.

that's not to say that there aren't guys who go too far. there's the "Pua Lifestyle" guys. For them it's about rating women and trying to get as many hot woman as possible. I've only browsed a forum, watched a few youtube videos and read The Game so my experience is limited, but from what I can tell most of the guys aren't like that. I can guarantee that most of the guys who attend these seminars aren't. They're just lonely guys who want to improve their chances of meeting a woman and not being alone for the rest of their lives. And fair play to them. rather than failing over and over again, or just giving up and sitting at home, they're doing something about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

So I'm not sure if this thread is anti choking random women or not?

So I'm not sure if this thread is anti choking random women or not?

http://i.imgur.com/c64KsmR.jpg

I'm going with it's bad to choke women who don't want to be choked (I'm going to assume that's pretty much all of them)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Grayson wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/c64KsmR.jpg

I'm going with it's bad to choke women who don't want to be choked (I'm going to assume that's pretty much all of them)

How wrong you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭orubiru

eviltwin wrote: »
    Anyone who needs lessons on how to pull doesn't deserve to pull

That's a pretty interesting statement.

Surely "learning to pull" can either be done by trial and error or by sitting down and "studying" how that kind of social interaction works then trying to put that into practice?

It's not like we pop into existence fully prepared to interact successfully with other people?

PUA is weird, weird, stuff but I suppose that's what happens when a bunch of people who are maybe not the best in social situations band together and say "OK, let's try to figure this out".

Your comment is like saying "don't try to fix your problems, if you need to try or learn then you don't deserve that things you want from life".

Presumably, us lads should just go to our school/college/office, pick out the girl we want to spend the rest of our lives with and then go get her?

In a situation where I would like to get better at something what is your alternative to learning how to do that thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

This seems like something that you want to believe. One of the fundamental principles taught is "inner game" which is about growing your confidence and developing healthy self esteem. Meditation is often recommended. So you don't really know what you are talking about.

RSD has repeatedly emphasised the point that you should not replace society's social conditioning in your mind with RSD social conditioning. That you should apply the principles your self and see for yourself whether they work or not, don't just believe what they tell you with blind faith, test it out for yourself and see the world through your own eyes.

You seem to have the bizarre assumption that if a man isn't brilliant with women then he has psychological issues. Some people just aren't great at approaching and attracting women, there is nothing fundamentally wrong with them, they just to need to learn the skillset.

I know what I'm talking about. The rest of your post is just fancy fluff talk which I can't be arsed arguing against because I also know you're only likely to rattle off more PUA guff that I must have heard dozens of times already at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

The seminars you see in his videos are free of charge. It's called a free tour. There are free tours all over the world. So your assumption has been proven wrong.

Join date Nov 2014???

Ok Jasper ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

PUA is like the homophobia or racism of the 21st century, judging by the amount of times I've heard 'Now I'm not PUA, but. . . .'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Julien Blanc is just a scumbag and the only people who buy into his crap are asocial virgins who live with their parents

Any of these PUA types indemnify themselves in the small print by stating that their 'methods' are for entertainment purposes only.

Accredited psychological and psychiatric professionals will address the underlying issues with a person rather than the equivalent of slapping a band aid on a gaping wound which is exactly what all these 'dating coaches' and 'lifestyle coaches' do - they provide the illusion of a quick and easy solution to what these men see as their more immediate issues.

I shouldn't need to point out to you the obvious flaws in self-diagnosis.

This is a brilliant post and I wish that more people who would get into PUA, psychics, life coaching or stuff like that would get more advice like this from folks like yourself.

People are happy enough giving hundreds, even thousands, of bucks to these guys when they would be able to get decent professional care for the same price.

PUA should really only be seen as "entertainment". Some of it (SOME of it!!!) can be a bit of fun in the club on an night out if you don't take it too seriously. Choking random women or just annoying them in general is not on though.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Em no it's not, it's called manipulation.

But don't you think that a decent chunk of all human interaction is manipulation on some level?

I think we'd see a lot of "manipulation" in the animal kingdom too right?

Our capacity to create an idea of our "self" in the minds of others is one of out most highly evolved traits. In other animals females tend to choose the most "flamboyant" males and that is pretty much the most simple example of "attraction". Humans, being more complex in our nature, have more complex methods.

Do you honestly think that when a couple goes on their first date there isn't a certain "bending" of reality on some level, from both parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Anyone who needs lessons on how to pull doesn't deserve to pull

Sorry but that's just nonsense. PUA didnt actually invent any of this you realise, they just packaged this up. Nothing they offer hasn't been available in self improvement coursed for years, many offered by qualified (and unqualified) 'professionals'. It doesn't suddenly become bad just because someone packaged it in a new shiny box.

What your saying is people shouldn't work to address their weaknesses. the reality is that lack of social confidence can lead to loneliness and isolation in many cases. Why shouldn't someone look to push past that? And if the pua package is the one they go for over something else so what? For all the asshattery in some pua stuff there's also quite a bit of useful and practical stuff that extends to all social interaction.
    (And just to be clear I'm not advocating the extreme stuff Blanc promotes, but as many groups point out its unfair to judge them by the actions of a tiny minority (in this case one))
    So get help from a professional for your lack of confidence, negative body language or whatever it is that's holding you back. Going to a dating coach is a waste of money and reeks of desperation.

All professional in this space means is 'makes a living from it' which pua gurus do very well. Given that standards around who can call themselves a therapist are at best ropey internationally I doubt theyre any worse than some of the alternatives. I know that up to a few years ago in Ireland (don't know if its changed) the rules around being able to set up as a therapist were very loose

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

newmug wrote: »
    Here missus, whats wrong with that? Not getting sex when your balls feel like Chernobyl can do that to a fella! And emotionally pushing someone away only makes it worse. This is the age of "look after your mental health"! If you come across a fella who "reeks of desperation" as you put it, don't reject him! Try and set him up with one of your friends! (Hint: Usually the one who cant get a man, the curvy one, there's one in every female group of friends!)

I like my friends too much to set them up with someone who is just gagging for the ride or desperate for a girlfriend. I don't expect men or women to be experts at picking someone up but just be yourself, talk to the person you like, don't play games or try and impress them with some trick you learnt from a dating coach. That goes equally to women too. I've been out with women desperate for a man and it just puts people off, you can when someone is that way. Its not appealing and I wouldn't blame anyone for passing it by.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

orubiru wrote: »
    That's a pretty interesting statement.

Surely "learning to pull" can either be done by trial and error or by sitting down and "studying" how that kind of social interaction works then trying to put that into practice?

It's not like we pop into existence fully prepared to interact successfully with other people?

PUA is weird, weird, stuff but I suppose that's what happens when a bunch of people who are maybe not the best in social situations band together and say "OK, let's try to figure this out".

Your comment is like saying "don't try to fix your problems, if you need to try or learn then you don't deserve that things you want from life".

Presumably, us lads should just go to our school/college/office, pick out the girl we want to spend the rest of our lives with and then go get her?

In a situation where I would like to get better at something what is your alternative to learning how to do that thing?

Keep reading the thread. I clarified that I was talking about anyone who thinks the answer to their problem is some quack dating "expert". If there are genuine issues that are holding you back when it comes to relationships by all means sort them out but don't expect a guy like this to be the answer you are looking for.

This is a brilliant post and I wish that more people who would get into PUA, psychics, life coaching or stuff like that would get more advice like this from folks like yourself.

People are happy enough giving hundreds, even thousands, of bucks to these guys when they would be able to get decent professional care for the same price.

PUA should really only be seen as "entertainment". Some of it (SOME of it!!!) can be a bit of fun in the club on an night out if you don't take it too seriously. Choking random women or just annoying them in general is not on though.

There is no such thing as a psychic.

Coaches are different. They may have value based on qualifications and experience. It all depends on the actual person doing the coaching. I'm sure plenty are scam artists, but I can't say all of them are.

However every single person who says they are a psychic is a liar.

I'd only love to engage in a sensible discussion, but you're not off to a great start when you're proclaiming the virtues of an entertainment act above professional psychological and psychiatric care.

Are you saying that someone who's ok in every possible way but is just useless at chatting up women needs to see a psychologist or even a psychiatrist?

Would you say the same about someone who read a book or attended a class on interview technique?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2014/nov/07/protesters-force-us-pick-up-artist-julien-blanc-to-quit-australian-tour

Good to see that the creepy abuser has had his visa cancelled and been thrown out of Australia. Can't see how any sane person could defend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

How is this guy not in prison? Really creepy and likely criminal behavior imho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I get my missus to choke me, but only in an erotic sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Awful bang of Frank TJ Mackey off that guy...

Respect the co*k. Tame the cu*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Are you saying that someone who's ok in every possible way but is just useless at chatting up women needs to see a psychologist or even a psychiatrist?

Would you say the same about someone who read a book or attended a class on interview technique?

Well when they're not OK in every possible way, are they?

Interview techniques aren't even comparable to talking to the opposite sex in an informal capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: Folks, can we get back to the actual topic instead of what you think of PUAs in general.

There is no such thing as a psychic.

Coaches are different. They may have value based on qualifications and experience. It all depends on the actual person doing the coaching. I'm sure plenty are scam artists, but I can't say all of them are.

However every single person who says they are a psychic is a liar.

Dammit! Sorry, I meant to write it as "psychic".

I know that there is no such thing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

orubiru, I'm not going to say it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

PUA comes across as a sneaky weasel way to "cheat" the system. That's why people don't like it.

No mate, I don't like it because it teaches perfectly normal guys to treat women like dirt. It uses faux psychology to justify misogyny. It advocates using tactics/methods to get women that are, let's be honest, very very rapey.

I'd rather see women treated as equal human beings and respected than isolated and manipulated into sex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Once it isn't criminal then let the boys play; just because they won't respect women is not for others to judge.

humanji wrote: »
    orubiru, I'm not going to say it again.

Apologies, I did not see your initial post, was typing. Sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,855 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm just wondering how he's not been charged with sexual assault yet, if he's grabbing women and holding them to his crotch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement