Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

samsung.jpg

Choooooooon!
    I love a bit of Whitney - belting it out in the car...

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Now I know how the Christians feel about Christmas!

TA at people who think Christmas belongs to Christians.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

TLDR: Humidity is a cvnt

Hop out of the bath straight into a quick cold shower, then back downstairs to search for another beer before bed :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Seasonal anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Christmas shouldn't be mentioned until at least the beginning of December. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

You're allowed to talk about it all the time in the Christmas forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

RMAOK wrote: »
    REDACTED shouldn't be mentioned until at least the beginning of REDACTED. mad.png

branie2 wrote: »
    You're allowed to talk about it all the time in the REDACTED forum
    FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Spelling ToString() as "ToStirng()" and not noticing it for ages and wondering why my code wasn't compiling properly 🀬🀬🀬

Spelling toString() as ToSting() wont work!!

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I badly need the bedroom window open a good bit in the heat but the blind is being sucked in and out and clattering against the window. If I put the blind up the room won't be dark enough with just the curtains closed. FFS.

Pull the blind down leaving about two inch gap from window sill, does the trick for me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

iamwhoiam wrote:
    TA that I don’t know what “ cake and stare “ means !

It's that horrible awkward ordeal they put you through at work when it's your birthday/some other event where they drag you into the canteen for a cake and everyone else has to pretend they care. While they stand around staring at you.

I believe it was a poster on a previous incarnation of this thread who coined the term and I immediately yoinked it.

• Advertisement

SusieBlue wrote: »
    TA that my dad had the cheek to slag me for watching Love Fickle Chlamydia Island last night, as he sat there watching a reality tv show about whose the best amateur sword maker in the USA.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Hop out of the bath straight into a quick cold shower, then back downstairs to search for another beer before bed :cool:

Brilliant advice. Thank you D McB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭its_steve116

The Herald's Dublin bias, particularly its Dublin GAA arse-kissing. Are you a Dublin paper or a national one? Make up your mind.

Brilliant advice. Thank you D McB :)

See, Mammy?!?! I told you I'd be useful some day!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSf4ByycSnbK-f8S0J_1NZ0IlKNOmpyTXlLCp3pZUgWrhJSPtSv

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The Herald's Dublin bias, particularly its Dublin GAA arse-kissing. Are you a Dublin paper or a national one? Make up your mind.

It is a Dublin paper. Has been for donkeys. In fact I'm pretty sure its advertising tagline for a while was "THE Dublin paper".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Dial Hard wrote: »
    It's that horrible awkward ordeal they put you through at work when it's your birthday/some other event where they drag you into the canteen for a cake and everyone else has to pretend they care. While they stand around staring at you.

I believe it was a poster on a previous incarnation of this thread who coined the term and I immediately yoinked it.

Oh, puke. I'm in my current job a year and have told no-one when my birthday is. I even worked on it and no-one was any the wiser.

Made a mistake of letting it slip in my last job 2 years ago and had to endure cake and stare, I hate cake. I was quite ungracious about it too. :mad:

More TA: being shouted at by a woman with a baby in Cork Airport returning from Budapest last night, because she wanted to get to passport control quickly so she barged up behind me (I was walking and talking to another passenger) and said "EXCUSE ME CAN YOU MOVE FASTER PLEASE". I allowed her to pass. We weren't quite to where the queue started. Still got past passport control faster than her though. :D
    I did say loudly to the person I was talking to that I can't abide RUDENESS and made sure she heard me too.
    Oh well done. You have a baby, so do millions of other women. Fcuk off and get over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭storker

branie2 wrote: »
    You're allowed to talk about it all the time in the Christmas forum

The Christmas forum should be closed until the beginning of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

People complaining about having to work when the weather is warm.

It's called adulthood folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Aglomerado wrote: »
    More TA: being shouted at by a woman with a baby in Cork Airport returning from Budapest last night, because she wanted to get to passport control quickly so she barged up behind me (I was walking and talking to another passenger) and said "EXCUSE ME CAN YOU MOVE FASTER PLEASE". Still got past passport control faster than her though. :D
    I did say loudly to the person I was talking to that I can't abide RUDENESS and made sure she heard me too.
    Oh well done. You have a baby, so do millions of other women. Fcuk off and get over yourself.

She might well have heard you, but I've often found that people like that are too thick or ignorant to take it on board.

I've often found that playing the idiot with them - standing in their way, a bad bout of coughing (or even better farting) annoys the shït out of them. They have it in their heads that theirs is the most important business in the world and you won't change that - might as well annoy them because they are being so obnoxious.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    TA that my dad had the cheek to slag me for watching Love Island last night, as he sat there watching a reality tv show about whose the best amateur sword maker in the USA.

I'd vote for the sword-making being more interesting too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

RMAOK wrote: »
    She might well have heard you, but I've often found that people like that are too thick or ignorant to take it on board.

I've often found that playing the idiot with them - standing in their way, a bad bout of coughing (or even better farting) annoys the shït out of them. They have it in their heads that theirs is the most important business in the world and you won't change that - might as well annoy them because they are being so obnoxious.

Oh a fart would have been excellent but I had none and anyway I didn't want to inflict that on an innocent baby. :D She did shoot me daggers all right in the queue, she definitely heard me say "RUDENESS" very loudly.
    When driving and some asshat tailgates me I drive extra slow all right though.

It's passive aggressive I know but I enjoy it.

I badly grind my teeth in my sleep so I have to wear a biteguard at nighttime. Been using it for about 8 months now and just discovered how much I drool in my sleep when I wear it Luckily I’m currently single (line up fellas!) but TA at waking up to a wet pillow.

Having to wear something on/in your face to sleep really sucks. I use a CPAP machine and I feel like Darth Vader. The noise is quite soothing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭its_steve116

It is a Dublin paper. Has been for donkeys. In fact I'm pretty sure its advertising tagline for a while was "THE Dublin paper".

So why does it have a national edition? Do you think people down the country would read it?

This is why no one in my workplace will ever know my birthday.

My reaction would be along the lines of

giphy.gif

Bus **** that leave a bag on the seat beside them at rush hour traffic. **** you.

Also, other bus **** that decide that making annoying phone calls and shouting on the phone for 20mins is fine. Also, people are just playing videos and music off their phone without earphones.

All of these should be criminal offences. I can never relate to it, and hate making calls in public. When I do have to make or take a call I tend to speak so quietly that people must think I'm planning a bank heist.

One of those loud talky types was in the seat in front of me on the train home recently. "Yeah hi, I'm on the train...blah blah..." Ten minutes of it, before "See ya bye bye bye...bye". At last! Peace! Wait what's she doing...scrolling through her contacts? Uh oh... "Yeah hi, I'm on the train...."

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

People who listen to music or watch videos on the bus without using headphones!! How do people not understand that this is rude. Why would you think the whole bus wants to listen to your music with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

seablue wrote: »
    People who listen to music or watch videos on the bus without using headphones!! How do people not understand that this is rude. Why would you think the whole bus wants to listen to your music with you.

And the clowns who use their phone like an extension of their nose to make a call. Held at an angle whilst on speaker. Nobody wants to hear your phone conversation!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I saw something I had never seen before in Mahon Point yesterday - some asshole parked his motorcycle across two motorcycle spaces. In fact, the box on the back of his gay-ess was hanging part way over a third space. Why? I've rarely seen more than two bikes in the six spaces - does he think he's going to get blocked in or not have enough room to mount? Asshole.

Also, on the way home I had my jacket only partially zipped because it was warm, but the wind dragged it open so it ended up flapping behind me like the world's ****test cape. I also didn't have my shirt tucked in, so it rode up a became a belly top. Not a good look.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

This is why no one in my workplace will ever know my birthday.

My reaction would be along the lines of

giphy.gif

Same here.
    One place I worked there were forced celebrations every so often. Cringe.
    Not for me though, I didn't ever say when my birthday was.

• Advertisement

People complaining about having to work when the weather is warm.

Yeah but imagine getting 3 more days off a year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement