Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,152 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

stanflt wrote: »
    12.5 cpl here too

I think gg is dreaming again at 15 cpl

His protein would have to be 0.4 higher than last yr to be at 15 cpl
    Wonder has he much in fixed price schemes and did he include the top up from the co-op, statement not up yet so cant see the breakdown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

12.5 cpl here too

I think gg is dreaming again at 15 cpl

His protein would have to be 0.4 higher than last yr to be at 15 cpl

What about bf Stan? Mines .16 higher than last June. Pr the same. That's what's paying the milk price ATM!
    As whelan said the statements aren't up yet. Was a general observation!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭visatorro

2.1 pence to buy a litre of milk this day in 1947.

Whoever wants to translate that to today's value!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

Milk statements up. In fairness to gg figures, My milk price is 14.5 cent better off including vat. Protein up .11 to 3.64 and butterfat up .22 to 3.89. Full holstein/fresian herd here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭stanflt

What about bf Stan? Mines .16 higher than last June. Pr the same. That's what's paying the milk price ATM!
    As whelan said the statements aren't up yet. Was a general observation!

If pr is up .16 than your bf would have to be up 0.5 as well

Just figures done in my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

If pr is up .16 than your bf would have to be up 0.5 as well

Just figures done in my head

Bf is up .16 on last June. Pr the same

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

visatorro wrote: »
    2.1 pence to buy a litre of milk this day in 1947.

Whoever wants to translate that to today's value!

Worked it out last year that in 1989 milk made £1.06 per gallon to the farmer and in 2016 money that would be 66c per litre. There is an online inflation calculator somewhere so it should be possible to convert your 1947 figure in to today's money easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭stanflt

I think your forgetting the co op support price last yr in your calculations

I think your forgetting the co op support price last yr in your calculations

Where exactly did the co ops find the money to support the milk price? OK for every co op they will give a different explanation I'm sure. But still they all seamed to use that line last year. Almost feel guilty now that we got over paid for last years milk and the families of co op managers around the country going hungry having supported our milk price.

Very happy here. Losing a few cent on fixed price schemes. Thankfully 2of them are finished now. Big change from this time last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Farmer Ed wrote: »
    Worked it out last year that in 1989 milk made £1.06 per gallon to the farmer and in 2016 money that would be 66c per litre. There is an online inflation calculator somewhere so it should be possible to convert your 1947 figure in to today's money easily enough.

It never was worth 1.06, like now weren't they dumping it all over the place too to get rid....there wouldn't be many drinking it if the price doubled.
    120 gallons would buy a ton of grain in 1989....that might be a truer comparison, being one of the raw materials that produces milk

rangler1 wrote: »

It never was worth 1.06, like now weren't they dumping it all over the place too to get rid....there wouldn't be many drinking it if the price doubled.
    120 gallons would buy a ton of grain in 1989....that might be a truer comparison, being one of the raw materials that produces milk

A friend of mine has a 1989 statement and was paid £1.06 per gallon in 1989. Easy enough to do the conversion just convert the pence to cent and the gallons to litres and punch in the figures to an online inflation calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭orm0nd

A friend of mine has a 1989 statement and was paid £1.06 per gallon in 1989. Easy enough to do the conversion just convert the pence to cent and the gallons to litres and punch in the figures to an online inflation calculator.

the green pound was devalued late 1988 which resulted in surge price increase for cattle and milk,

Was talking to local shop keeper. Strathroy have put their 2litre carton of milk up by 5 cent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dairygold up 1 to 33c

Anyone want to guess how much Arrabawn is up? You'll never guess 1cent! Anyone know what Strathroy are paying now?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Fixture

Anyone want to guess how much Arrabawn is up? You'll never guess 1cent! Anyone know what Strathroy are paying now?

Depends who you ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yewtree

Why dont stratroy take part in milk price league?
    If they are paying aswell as people believe it would surely help them attract new suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

He didn't happen to have it framed and hanging on office wall?
    His first milk cheque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

milk up here 14.13 cent a litre here,before support last year, pr up bf up, on silage now so back down we go....:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I see Kerry are starting to move to Euro/kg of milk solids. This is the first month showing it on the statement so it will be the main price focus in a few years, I reckon.

Works out at E4.643/kg solids this month or 35.908c/l @4.03/3.48

leg wax wrote: »
    milk up here 14.13 cent a litre here,before support last year, pr up bf up, on silage now so back down we go....:o
    2016 24.47c 3.88f/3.36p v 2017 35.908 4.03f/3.48p

Nothing fixed.

2016 24.47c 3.88f/3.36p v 2017 35.908 4.03f/3.48p

Nothing fixed.

When you look back at those prices for last year it's a fair eye opener

whelan2 wrote: »
    When you look back at those prices for last year it's a fair eye opener
    Yeah, some difference this year in juggling cash flow in that there is some cash to juggle with:P

I will be delighted if milk stays about the 33c base for the next 18 months as I will be coming to the end of loans for the next few years after that.

Yeah, some difference this year in juggling cash flow in that there is some cash to juggle with:P

I will be delighted if milk stays about the 33c base for the next 18 months as I will be coming to the end of loans for the next few years after that.

Finished a loan in May. Finishing another in October. Was able to pay off credit union loan which had an interest rate of 9.5%

Finished a loan in May. Finishing another in October. Was able to pay off credit union loan which had an interest rate of 9.5%
    :eek:
    Don't tell me things like that, I must apply for a loan for sheds, drainage, roadways, cubicles and bull pens next week.

I would normally pay a good bit from cash flow but I will borrow the lot this time, hopefully.

I'm half thinking of applying to BOI for the loan as well because they might offer to refinance the other loans as well and I can move from where I am atm.

Dreams can come true:rolleyes:

Just wondering what rates loans are now. A neighbour said aib are 5.2% -I think- how does that sound. Thought it was a bit high

Just wondering what rates loans are now. A neighbour said aib are 5.2% -I think- how does that sound. Thought it was a bit high
    I'll let you know in a week or two.

GDT up 0.4% with butter going over the 6k mark for the first time in GDT. Skim drops to below intervention price.

I'll stick up a link later if no one does it first.

• Advertisement

:eek:
    Don't tell me things like that, I must apply for a loan for sheds, drainage, roadways, cubicles and bull pens next week.

I would normally pay a good bit from cash flow but I will borrow the lot this time, hopefully.

I'm half thinking of applying to BOI for the loan as well because they might offer to refinance the other loans as well and I can move from where I am atm.

Dreams can come true:rolleyes:

Shop around they can be got for less. Remember you are the customer and they should want your business.

Advertisement