Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    My god, what a console. The UI, Astro’s Playroom. I cannot wait to hunker down for the winter and play some really good games.

I would say its been at least 3-5 years since I have completed a single player game, never played either of TLOU, days gone, uncharted etc. I cant wait!

You are in for a goddamn treat man, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

akelly02 wrote: »
    My garage. Sorry . Wouldn't call it a gym!!

Dont know any details, gonna grill her now when she gets out of the shower

I'm so happy but so angry

Let the anger go, your wife did something amazing for you, let her enjoy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

madmoe wrote: »
    Gyms still open?

Seems like a lot, when will it be delivered? Disc version?

My garage. Sorry . Wouldn't call it a gym!!

Dont know any details, gonna grill her now when she gets out of the shower

I'm so happy but so angry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

Had console on all day since about 10am no real issues . Didn’t play it all day cos installing games . Played miles morales( unreal game ) for a hour and Astro bot for half hour and no problems . Was only there at 7pm it crashed for first time due to me inserting modern warfare ps4 disc & trying install it . Crashed a couple more times & then when it didn’t crash the coil whine started , very loud . Turned it off to give it a break cos on nearly 10 hours on trot downloading and installing games . Hopefully it’s not a long term issue & just needs a rest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Batesy wrote: »
    It’s in a plain brown box with some of those air pillows.

Thanks a mill for replying. Think I can give up for tonight! Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Got my from gamestop this morning and back with dpd yo give to Sony to fix. Wont display on tv. Was onto support twice as first didn't put through the request right.
    Tried a different ps5 and that worked no problem.

Have demon souls just laughing at me at the moment.

Let the anger go, your wife did something amazing for you, let her enjoy that.

Was €780 including vat and delivery.

Look , what's done is done !

I'm happy now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭xtal191

Bitter sweet feeling after coming in from the gym .

The mrs was acting weird being all giddy.

Finally got it out of her , she has a ps5 secured.!!

From a bhastard of a place called stock x or something.

After paying €700 fecking euro for one :(

I want to cry.

I hope she knows she'll be paying import fees/taxes on top of that if you're in Ireland ordering from StockX

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jim Leahy

Bitter sweet feeling after coming in from the gym .

The mrs was acting weird being all giddy.

Finally got it out of her , she has a ps5 secured.!!

From a bhastard of a place called stock x or something.

After paying €700 fecking euro for one :(

I want to cry.

Fantastic story, Gyms will be closed till January at the earliest by my reckoning.
    She will also have to pay customs fees along with €700.

Good story tho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Played it since before 12 until about 6:30!

Was great, played Astro for about an hour and Demon's Souls for about 5..

Played a bit of Resi 7 and have Sekiro downloaded also. Can wait until tomorrow or in about half an hour I'll have an itch to play some more ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So did everyone leave Astro
    on the title screen for a wee while and feel the different textures he ran over?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

lertsnim wrote: »
    Unfortunately it is only offering full price downloads. Probably just a glitch that will be rectified

Reply from your post from ages ago but having the same issue here. Can't see an upgrade for love nor money for my disc version.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Just fired up sekiro out of curiosity. 60fps! I'm totally doing another play through when I finish demons souls.
    Speaking of demons souls, its savage! Theres a real heft off each sword hit.

DPD lad dropped the box while taking it out of the van but luckily enough everything is working fine. I cant believe how quiet it is!

Reply from your post from ages ago but having the same issue here. Can't see an upgrade for love nor money for my disc version.

Try it through the PS App.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Right so I had all my PS4 stuff transferred to an external hard drive via USB.... when I plug the USB into the PS5 it's only listing about half of the games under the "move" option, but shows them all under the "delete" option. TLOU2 is coming up under the delete option only, not listed under move. Any theories, do I need to insert the disc in order to copy the data to console memory?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Just wondering, anyone know wheres the safest bet for US PSN Codes these days?
    Used to just use Amazon.com but can't seem to complete a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Demon's Souls less than 10 minutes to copy 30GB of data, 68 minutes to copy a 9GB update file, something's never change.

Jim Leahy wrote: »
    Fantastic story, Gyms will be closed till January at the earliest by my reckoning.
    She will also have to pay customs fees along with €700.

Good story tho

Do you think I'm lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

Got my ps5 and I am underwhelmed. I trrew on sackboy and it took quite a while for it to copy over befor I can play. I thought ok fair enough first-timers is copying over, I took out the disk, restarted and when I put the disc back in it took 6 minutes to copy again before I could play. The game is installed but needs to copy again .

Could someone else test this out on their machine as it is driving me nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jim Leahy

I think people are more interested in issues related to the PS5 console rather than your wife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I swear I either won't ever buy Samsung again or just not such Entry level RU7100 50" TV. It hated the Sky Q Silver box and now despises the PS5. I have had to safe boot the thing twice because it flickers the screen, basically black screen of death. Regardless of which HDMI port, I know that If I send it for repair they will not connect it to an entry level 4K so won't replicate it. I can't believe I've had to consider these warranty options on day one.

To be fair when I turned it on it had a software update which I did but when I did a safe boot I chose Software update and it found another one. I doubt that will help because the Sky Q issue was easily resolved by powering cycling the TV, doesn't happen with the PS5 though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Surreal to be playing Demon’s Souls in a flawless 60 FPS. Had one slight glitch when I opened the first shortcut in 1-1 but otherwise it’s a heck of a thing. The visual makeover doesn’t hurt, but by god From got that game flow down first time around.

Jim Leahy wrote: »
    I think people are more interested in issues related to the PS5 console rather than your wife.

Dude, WTF?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Also folks please lay off the strange bickering, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Wow, I’m now a believer in the Dualsense and I will pay for a full length Astro Bot PS5 game!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Haven't had much of a chance to play yet but very impressed so far. Everything seems so fast and slick. The controller is fantastic. Even just holding it before I turned anything on it felt more premium than the DS4. Astro is just incredible.

My digital version is quiet as a mouse. Not a sound out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Try it through the PS App.

Still full price there unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I've had the similar issue with Valhalla, installed and just put the disc back in and wants to copy it all over again. Weird. Obviously some glitch in the PS matrix somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Surreal to be playing Demon’s Souls in a flawless 60 FPS. Had one slight glitch when I opened the first shortcut in 1-1 but otherwise it’s a heck of a thing. The visual makeover doesn’t hurt, but by god From got that game flow down first time around.

TBH, I've seen a few stutters, first time was was around the shortcut alright, plus rolling about etc.
    Still a game-changing upgrade all the same, but I suspect there'll be similar hitches in level traversal throughout the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Batesy wrote:
    I’m only playing digital games too at the minute with nothing in the drive.

You getting the whine noise also?

Advertisement