Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,099 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Despite the little bit of easy work and with the sun shining, me and Mrs G spent the last two mornings having breakfast outdoors at a local spot. Ms G went back to school on Monday since before christmas, so it was a guilty pleasure spending that time together. A couple of breakie sambos from a deli with seats outside. A tea and OJ and a great chat. Jaysus, it was magical!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭4Ad

In bed, what a great day I had.
    My youngest and only brotheŕ was 50 today !!
    Likeable lad !!!
    Then an ex work colleague called, great chat.
    Both great company !!
    Im drunk ..

4Ad wrote: »
    In bed, what a great day I had.
    My youngest and only brotheŕ was 50 today !!
    Likeable lad !!!
    Then an ex work colleague called, great chat.
    Both great company !!
    Im drunk ..

I had you pegged for a boy of at most 45 4Ad.

This has been a day of revelations :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24,841 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve a neighbor, I think 93 years old, he’s been scarcely seen since this health shîtshow.... he gave up driving last year when he started using a walker as he was having great trouble putting the walker in and especially getting it out of the boot again...he sold the car, he wasn’t using it much. He ended up getting a carer in a few days a week to assist with household chores, meal preparation etc... but he was beginning to seem his age, he told me the carer was discontinued because of covid just for his safety.

But....Today, I saw him for the first time in weeks... out in his front garden, painting the gate, guy just getting about with a walking stick, no frame and looking in great shape... slow but ok, a while ago he looked shook, but painting on his knees, just a mat to help.... inspiring fortitude right there...

Strumms wrote: »
    I’ve a neighbor, I think 93 years old, he’s been scarcely seen since this health shîtshow.... he gave up driving last year when he started using a walker as he was having great trouble putting the walker in and especially getting it out of the boot again...he sold the car, he wasn’t using it much. He ended up getting a carer in a few days a week to assist with household chores, meal preparation etc... but he was beginning to seem his age, he told me the carer was discontinued because of covid just for his safety.

But....Today, I saw him for the first time in weeks... out in his front garden, painting the gate, guy just getting about with a walking stick, no frame and looking in great shape... slow but ok, a while ago he looked shook, but painting on his knees, just a mat to help.... inspiring fortitude right there...

It's lovely to see someone of such a great age doing well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭4Ad

I had you pegged for a boy of at most 45 4Ad.

This has been a day of revelations :p

53 years old
    Run like a 33 year old
    Look like a 63 year old
    Brain of a 5.3 year old !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning time during Ramadan is so peaceful, people don’t start work until 10am, so everything is eerily quiet. Guess it’s a good time for me to go walking, but gotta have a Nespresso first.

4Ad wrote: »
    53 years old
    Run like a 33 year old
    Look like a 63 year old
    Brain of a 5.3 year old !!!

Tsk. Only a chap :)

smurfjed wrote: »
    Morning time during Ramadan is so peaceful, people don’t start work until 10am, so everything is eerily quiet. Guess it’s a good time for me to go walking, but gotta have a Nespresso first.

Nespresso: what else? A mugeen of tae, not Barry's but my very own. I genuflected toward Dublin at 4:37am, where our dear leaders prevaricate and do sweet feckology. Four sacred bows left today, knees will be giving out more times than vaccines administered.

Nespresso: what else? A mugeen of tae, not Barry's but my very own. I genuflected toward Dublin at 4:37am, where our dear leaders prevaricate and do sweet feckology. Four sacred bows left today, knees will be giving out more times than vaccines administered.

:D

• Advertisement

I got up at the ghastly hour of 9.30am thinking I had a phonecall at 10. I must have gotten my dates mixed up though. Ah well shure off I trot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Strumms wrote: »
    ....But....Today, I saw him for the first time in weeks... out in his front garden, painting the gate, guy just getting about with a walking stick, no frame and looking in great shape... slow but ok, a while ago he looked shook, but painting on his knees, just a mat to help.... inspiring fortitude right there...

What a great post, Strumms :)

But.....what I want to know is how did he do it ?

( I could do with a bit of the same :( )

Tsk. Only a chap :)

Lad, more like :P

0lddog wrote: »
    Lad, more like :P

You're only a young buck yourself 0d :D

pup, more like

e620e973f3337b610942f6eaff6b7d6f.gif

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 24,841 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

0lddog wrote: »
    What a great post, Strumms :)

But.....what I want to know is how did he do it ?

( I could do with a bit of the same :( )

His family had paid for prior to covid a private physiotherapist, that was obviously discontinued in person but he is good with technology too so I believe he is doing some exercising with him over zoom with his daughter supervising..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I see the title of the thread has changed ;)

Back to more training :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I'll reboil the kettle so :)
    Little story..I left it too late to buy Easter eggs so got some chocolate instead.
    I had a box of Heroes half eaten that I put away safely to have another day. Of course I forgot the safe place and have been trying to find the leftover chocolate for over a week.
    Finally found it in the utility room tonight so I had a few mini treats to accompany my Lyons tea.
    Would you like some tea there, Sephers?

I have a confession! I saved a box of Milk Tray I was given at Christmas! Yep, whole and entire it is!

The thing is that if I eat it I won't have it or any box of chocolates any more! I think some of you might understand!

I have one Cadbury Crème Egg left too...But as long as I have the Milk Tray I can eat that! And I have some CDM too,....

Graces7 wrote: »
    ....The thing is that if I eat it I won't have it or any box of chocolates any more! I think some of you might understand!

I have one Cadbury Crème Egg left too...But as long as I have the Milk Tray I can eat that! And I have some CDM too,....

What if you forget where you put the Milk Tray ?

or the cats go on strike and a mouse borrows your MT ?

Have you considered that ?

Wouldnt it be safer to demolish the MT and keep the CCE for in case of emergency ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

A day at the beach with the little fella, home now, something to eat and then watch a friend of mine on First Dates and slag her unmercifully when it's all over :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,840 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Grandeeod! !

(

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Grandeeod! !

(

Its in two weeks Mam.:eek: I couldn't afford Thai food tonight.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,840 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Its in two weeks Mam.:eek: I couldn't afford Thai food tonight.:D

Ha ha , well in case I forget in two weeks time , ye have my wishes tonight :pac:

I know the feeling, we all get weeks like that G !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ha ha , well in case I forget in two weeks time , ye have my wishes tonight :pac:

I know the feeling, we all get weeks like that G !

Cheers Mam! Waiting on a bank transfer for the work this week and when it arrives, gonna spoil Mrs G and Ms G and myself. Feck it. We have everything else we need anyway.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Yo friends. Guess I fit the "bit further away" thread title. Then again. Going in daily circles during COVID resembles many of us. Guess where I just hoofed, if you dare. Ha!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Over in my OH's family home this evening - looking at some of the furniture items he'll be taking from the house as it gets cleared out and eventually prepped for sale.

Quite emotional for my OH to be there with his dear mother now departed.

Fathom wrote: »
    Yo friends. Guess I fit the "bit further away" thread title. Then again. Going in daily circles during COVID resembles many of us. Guess where I just hoofed, if you dare. Ha!

A coffee house for a brew and treats as your day is only getting going.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A coffee house for a brew and treats as your day is only getting going.:D
    Haha! So true Grandeeod. You win a "cheers!" with a cup pointed east towards Ireland from the California Pacific coast. :cool:

Fathom wrote: »
    Haha! So true Grandeeod. You win a "cheers!" with a cup pointed east towards Ireland from the California Pacific coast. :cool:

I'll raise a glass of strawberry milk back in your direction once I serve it up with dinner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I see the winning Lotto ticket was sold in Co Kilkenny.
    Anyone see Auto? ;)

Sadly I didn’t win the lottery, so I am kitchenside, cleaning up after dinner

Advertisement