Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

No

Sci-Fi made a big impression on me as a child

Movies like 'the day the earth stood still ' but I've no interest in it now
    I assume this is how it all started ?

Same here, but this is meant to be about the real McCoy, the real deal, the real thing, and yet Mick West analytically destroys every bit of UAP "evidence" that appears, so maybe this whole UFO/UAP reveal is just smoke & mirrors?

A bit like hunting for Unicorns or the Yeti.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

A man on Joe the other week said he saw an unusual object. It was a feint glimmer of sky, unobstructed by the giant mothership hovering overhead so what’s not to believe?

Something nobody can deny is there are definitely aliens amongst us. Plenty masquerading as citizens so you better check yoself, mm hmm ..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,638 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Seems to me they are trying to pull another '' weather balloon'' story,

'' no it's not life from another world, it's quantum effects''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

The same Pentagon that studied remote viewing and psychics in the past. I might release a batman balloon to celebrate disclosure.

Russell Targ seems credible to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Mick West.

None of the live commentary from the Navy pilots concerning the speed of the phenomena can be tallied with Mr West's explanations. He's allowed to be skeptical but its not credible to jump into a situation and just pick explanations out of his arse.

You can be sure the Pentagon aren't telling the truth, at least the whole truth. Thats not their game. But West isn't either because he simply doesn't have any source close to the events.

It'd be foolish for anyone to expect a big reveal in June. Irrespective of the outcome of the report, it can be classified quite easily if it contains any tenuous threat to national security, and so only a few people will see it and even the Congressional Committees will be obliged to keep it zipped.

Is there advanced intelligent life elsewhere in the Universe. Through sheer probability we can say, heck yes. Have they visited this planet? Maybe. But if they have the technology to make the trip, surely they have the technology to easily evade detection...

I hope to live another 50 years. In that time I serious doubt I will see incontrovertible and globally accepted evidence of extraterrestrial life and if I do, its more likely our technology will have advanced to detect it in its own locale, rather than alien tourists being confirmed on Earth.

Even if that information does become known to some narrow section of humanity, the consequences of it becoming public and changing the paradigm of our own civilisation will be too great for those same people to release it.

But Jeremy “Skinwalker Ranch” Corbell should be taken seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

But Jeremy “Skinwalker Ranch” Corbell should be taken seriously.

I didn't mention that name and I don't know who that is.

At first glance it seems dubious that all "abductees" describe beings as being similar in size to us.

Why would they be of a similar scale?

Common ancestry perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »

Pretty cool read,

This is very interesting, along the same lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EebPP1ci1IE

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

fryup wrote: »
    must be painful

What was painful was listening to him disagree with a pilot and UFO witness with over 4000 hours flight experience.

The pilot, Chad Underwood recorded one of the videos released by the Pentagon a few years ago. He details his encounter here.
    The thing that stood out to me the most was how erratic it was behaving. And what I mean by “erratic” is that its changes in altitude, air speed, and aspect were just unlike things that I’ve ever encountered before flying against other air targets. It was just behaving in ways that aren’t physically normal. That’s what caught my eye. Because, aircraft, whether they’re manned or unmanned, still have to obey the laws of physics. They have to have some source of lift, some source of propulsion. The Tic Tac was not doing that. It was going from like 50,000 feet to, you know, a hundred feet in like seconds, which is not possible.

Mick West's response? The pilots are mixing up the controls of a fighter jet with a helicopter and they must be misreading the instrument.

Scepticism isn't the scientific method. the scientific method is the scientific method. Scepticism seems to just ridicule and dismiss without examination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

At first glance it seems dubious that all "abductees" describe beings as being similar in size to us.

Why would they be of a similar scale?

Common ancestry perhaps?

Witnesses accounts differ. There Reptilian humanoids , short and tall, some believe seen blondes and red-haired human looking people on these craft (Travis Walton alleged abductee says he saw six, but small robotic creatures after he woke up on board the craft and later after getting away from the little people, tall strong build humans dressed in blue clothing appeared in front of him? Whitley Strieber another alleged abductee says the creatures kidnapped him were small, stocky, kind of plump, and wore monk hoods? The most universal known alien and witnessed would be the Greys. There skin is supposedly, alleged to be pale to some witnesses, others brown and grey., there bald also with black eyes. Some wear tight uniforms.

To construct and invent something the species would need hands to assemble, prepare and complete a task, i would think? There thousands and thousands of animals on earth, yet the lack the practical functionality to complete complex tasks. Most of their day, animals go searching for their food, then kill it and then have a nap, rinse and repeat. A giraffe never going to able to do human work, least in their current form. so i think it pretty normal for non humans to have hands and feet, if there out there and visiting us here.

• Advertisement

steddyeddy wrote: »
    What was painful was listening to him disagree with a pilot and UFO witness with over 4000 hours flight experience.

The pilot, Chad Underwood recorded one of the videos released by the Pentagon a few years ago. He details his encounter here.

Mick West's response? The pilots are mixing up the controls of a fighter jet with a helicopter and they must be misreading the instrument.

Scepticism isn't the scientific method. the scientific method is the scientific method. Scepticism seems to just ridicule and dismiss without examination.

Mick West does not deny what he is. He is a debunker. In some ways he is useful because he keeps people grounded. Latest video isn't that stunning. I tend to agree with Mick its just a blinking light in the sky that has a shape of triangle. It could be anything up there the time the image was taken. With a dark sky a kite with flashing lights a far distance away would look anomalous to the Navy crew on the destroyer. The problem, i see with people like Mick thinks all UFOs are just birds or misidentified airline traffic. He also does not trust the observer even if the credentials of that person are credible. David Fravor a flight commander saw a craft in daylight, but Mick be at for years trying to debunk that story. Chad Underwood actually captured footage of the UFO, but since it was incident from 2004, the cockpit footage still lacks some clarity. It does look a disk shaped object, with no wings and has no obvious engine signs. Mick must have a big ego to believe his solved the UFO phenomenon sitting at home. All his debunking work isn't awful, some of his work pretty good.

Makes me wonder what's going on?

The Pentagon, that's THE Pentagon releases a video preporting to show a UAP, the news media outlets pick up on this, they then conduct interviews with "top experts" who agree that the videos, Gimbal, Pyramid and Bat Balloon etc cannot be explained, then Mick West cones along and calmly & logically explains what is being seen. Bat Balloon is just a helium balloon, Gimbal is a distant aeroplane, the object shooting along on the surface of the ocean is a duck, and the pyramids are just and aeroplane & stars!

If Mr West is correct, then what the hell is the Pentagon doing telling us that they are filming UAPs? Like who's telling the truth? The US Navy and the Pentagon, or Mick West?

Do you really believe the US government would reveal this info out of blue after denying it for sixty plus years . There probably more to this than we are told. Either there an immediate security concern coming up or there was some sort of contact had. The US revealing info that will change us as a species and that would only happen if forced. There too much happening in short space of time for this to be nothing. UFO community was laughed at for decades for claiming unknown craft were flying around our skies for decades. How could the media miss such a big story for so long? Reality being to kick in!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

Cheerful S wrote: »
    Do you really believe the US government would reveal this info out of blue after denying it for sixty plus years . There probably more to this than we are told. Either there an immediate security concern coming up or there was some sort of contact had. The US revealing info that will change us as a species and that would only happen if forced. There too much happening in short space of time for this to be nothing. UFO community was laughed at for decades for claiming unknown craft were flying around our skies for decades. How could the media miss such a big story for so long? Reality being to kick in!

It's baffling how it's still just an "...and in other news..." story. Irish Media completely blanking it. The vast majority of people are more interested in what Meghan Markle really thinks of Kate. I said it a few months ago but with the high frequency of statements from officials recently it looks like a big reveal is on the horizon. In months to come this topic may have its own forum on here as "believing" will be a given and they will be identified...

Witnesses accounts differ. There Reptilian humanoids , short and tall, some believe seen blondes and red-haired human looking people on these craft (Travis Walton alleged abductee says he saw six, but small robotic creatures after he woke up on board the craft and later after getting away from the little people, tall strong build humans dressed in blue clothing appeared in front of him? Whitley Strieber another alleged abductee says the creatures kidnapped him were small, stocky, kind of plump, and wore monk hoods? The most universal known alien and witnessed would be the Greys. There skin is supposedly, alleged to be pale to some witnesses, others brown and grey., there bald also with black eyes. Some wear tight uniforms.

To construct and invent something the species would need hands to assemble, prepare and complete a task, i would think? There thousands and thousands of animals on earth, yet the lack the practical functionality to complete complex tasks. Most of their day, animals go searching for their food, then kill it and then have a nap, rinse and repeat. A giraffe never going to able to do human work, least in their current form. so i think it pretty normal for non humans to have hands and feet, if there out there and visiting us here.

Yeah but similar scale, we have pygmy tribes here on earth and Asian people look different to Caucasian, etc.

No one reports aliens a mile high or a few millimetres tall.

I take your point about anatomical features requisite for advanced tasks though.

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    It's baffling how it's still just an "...and in other news..." story. Irish Media completely blanking it. The vast majority of people are more interested in what Meghan Markle really thinks of Kate. I said it a few months ago but with the high frequency of statements from officials recently it looks like a big reveal is on the horizon. In months to come this topic may have its own forum on here as "believing" will be a given and they will be identified...

The story can easily fizzle out; the media do not want to be embarrassed over this and still mostly a US revelation. Plenty of problems around the world and the media focusing on them right now and the UFO phenomenon still has truly exposed it itself to the rest of the known world. Remember UFO events, are mostly isolated manifestations, with only a handful of cases a mass of people seeing them. So it will take a bit of time for the wider communities across the world, not following the topic to accept the phenomenon real. Even the believers are not really knowledgeable about every aspect. Stories are interesting, but nobody, say for sure the intentions here are not hostile. Unknown aircraft flying near US Navy destroyers out at sea is a national security concern.

United States government spending trillions on military hardware hardly going to let its enemies willingly inspect an off world craft they found in the desert of New Mexico somewhere. The only time, expect that change is when contact is made and aliens demand we change as a species and come together for the better. Then again, we assume all aliens are friendly. How we think about history changed upside down the aliens arriving longer than we think and have interacted with civilizations that are no longer here never knew existed. Contact will test every human emotion least we know that much!

Yeah but similar scale, we have pygmy tribes here on earth and Asian people look different to Caucasian, etc.

No one reports aliens a mile high or a few millimetres tall.

I take your point about anatomical features requisite for advanced tasks though.

Not true Ireland has plenty of its own myths and legends. Dig deeper, the tales of Oisin sounds likes a tale of an interdimensional world outside our own reality. UFO experiencers describe similar things of time slowing down for them, taken away somewhere else by beings.. The Fianna (Irish based) seem to resemble the mythological warriors from ancient Greece. Warriors have supernatural gifts, or the experiences have are supernatural. Fascinating reading since there are parallels with the present UFO phenomenon. Plus you have the giants Fionn mac Cumhaill who was taller than the average man. The Book of invasions (11th century) is a incredible book since it describes an unique history of Ireland that most historians would not accept as fact. Descriptions in the book of landings on top of mountains ( to the observer seems to be a UFO) After one battle between factions. The Tuatha de Dannann (fairies of Irish legend) performed a medical procedure on Nuada Arm (a leader) and sounds and reads, replaced his wounded Arm with a new one made of silver. Its a wild read about supernatural beings living in Ireland.

Not true.................

Which of my comments are untrue ?

We do have pygmy tribes and Asian people do look different to Caucasian people.

Who has reported mile high or millimetres tall aliens ?

Why did you omit to reference the Biblical giants ?

Have the Fianna been piloting any saucers since the 1950's do you think ?

Pyramid shaped UFOs?

We need these guys

1479379753-screen-shot-2016-11-17-at-104725.png

Things are lot weirder than you know :)

This is two drawings of the star wars like battle that took place allegedly above the city of Nuremberg in 1561

550655.png

550656.png

Crowds, the city below watched the two rival groups in different shaped craft battle each other. There a triangle shaped motherships, balls of light, and tube shaped UFOs. If remotely real (crazy i know:eek:) it seems we are under some protection and another group tried to take us over and lost? Of course maybe
    has nothing to do with us too?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,179 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why 20 years ago was there hundreds of rough quality UFO videos released every year and now when pretty much everyone on the planet has a phone in their pocket capable of recording any event live in HD have new UFO videos completely disappeared? The complete opposite should be the case, sorry there are no credible visitors from outside our planet and no single evidence to support them.

• Advertisement

Not true Ireland has plenty of its own myths and legends. Dig deeper, the tales of Oisin sounds likes a tale of an interdimensional world outside our own reality. UFO experiencers describe similar things of time slowing down for them, taken away somewhere else by beings.. The Fianna (Irish based) seem to resemble the mythological warriors from ancient Greece. Warriors have supernatural gifts, or the experiences have are supernatural. Fascinating reading since there are parallels with the present UFO phenomenon. Plus you have the giants Fionn mac Cumhaill who was taller than the average man. The Book of invasions (11th century) is a incredible book since it describes an unique history of Ireland that most historians would not accept as fact. Descriptions in the book of landings on top of mountains ( to the observer seems to be a UFO) After one battle between factions. The Tuatha de Dannann (fairies of Irish legend) performed a medical procedure on Nuada Arm (a leader) and sounds and reads, replaced his wounded Arm with a new one made of silver. Its a wild read about supernatural beings living in Ireland.

Stop trying to back project History Channel nonsense into Irish mythology.

Why 20 years ago was there hundreds of rough quality UFO videos released every year and now when pretty much everyone on the planet has a phone in their pocket capable of recording any event live in HD have new UFO videos completely disappeared? The complete opposite should be the case, sorry there are no credible visitors from outside our planet and no single evidence to support them.

Chad Underwood ( navy fighter pilot) approaching a unknown UFO at 19,000 feet. It supposedly the "tic tac" the Commander Fravor witnessed hovering above the ocean. The were on board the same Navy ship. Underwood took this video later in the day after Fravor experience. Unfortunately its in black/white mode not color but you can tell its no commercial plane they way it sits there and not moving. It only takes off as the pilot got closer to it.

Clear view is 55 seconds watch from there.

Stop trying to back project History Channel nonsense into Irish mythology.

Mythology is history. You not around then to tell what fact from fiction. When you have unknown craft flying around that do things that seem like magic you should open your mind that you don't know the full history of earth past.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Gareth Bale does.

Mythology is history. You not around then to tell what fact from fiction. When you have unknown craft flying around that do things that seem like magic you should open your mind that you don't know the full history of earth past.

Give it a rest. The book of invasions were a Christian fabrication. But let’s take all this hoop jumping’ mental gymnastics, History Channel crud and what ifs seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This 100%. Same with ghosts.

If aliens are visiting us, why are they teasing us with just being a ball of light in the sky? Why not actually touch down and get out for a walk around?

All balls imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Chad Underwood ( navy fighter pilot) approaching a unknown UFO at 19,000 feet. It supposedly the "tic tac" the Commander Fravor witnessed hovering above the ocean. The were on board the same Navy ship. Underwood took this video later in the day after Fravor experience. Unfortunately its in black/white mode not color but you can tell its no commercial plane they way it sits there and not moving. It only takes off as the pilot got closer to it.

Clear view is 55 seconds watch from there.

you're idea of "clear" is different to mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

NIMAN wrote: »
    All balls imho.

balls of light?

Which of my comments are untrue ?

We do have pygmy tribes and Asian people do look different to Caucasian people.

Who has reported mile high or millimetres tall aliens ?

Why did you omit to reference the Biblical giants ?

Have the Fianna been piloting any saucers since the 1950's do you think ?

No response ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

NIMAN wrote: »
    If aliens are visiting us, why are they teasing us with just being a ball of light in the sky? Why not actually touch down and get out for a walk around?

All balls imho.

Balls (spheres), orbs, saucers, cylinders, tic-tacs, triangles & other ....

I guess we'll find out in June if it's all balls, or if there is substance to the many credible & unexplained sightings over the decades.

I find the airline pilots & fighter pilots testimonies hard to dismiss.

Advertisement