Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

The reason the military is being more open about it all is partly due to a guy called Chris Melon. Chris is a former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence in the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations. He even served as the Staff Director of the United States Senate Select Committee on intelligence. Chris had met several airforce pilots who told him they had encounters with aircraft going over 80,000 feet a second and which actively blocked their radar. Chris investigated more and realised that the military had recorded huge amounts of encounters but kept them secret.

Here's Chris talking about the part he played in the Pentagon UFO investigation team. He was deputy assistant secretary for defence so should be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Hdjsjsjsj wrote: »
    Most likely military tech I'd say but would be far more interesting if not

Definitely not military tech, seeing as these unknown craft make manoeuvres that are so fast and so irregular (as to be impossible) according to our laws of physics!

They're not just slightly advanced Russian or Chinese tech, these things appear, disappear, then change direction "like a ping pong ball hitting a wall" according to David Fravor. Humans just can't do that tech, it ain't possible.

After watching George Knapp, Chad Underwood & David Fravor being interviewed, I think we can safely discount military tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭bb12

so saw a light in the sky tonight that i can't explain. at first i thought it was an airplane turning in the sky, you know the way you get a full view of the headlights that are quite bright when they turn towards you, but within 2 seconds it just disappeared. i then realised there were no aircraft in the sky (i'm near enough dublin airport to see planes taking off and landing)...then i thought maybe it's the space station as i've seen that in the past but normally i see that whizz by most of the skyline before disappearing...the lights though didn't see as far up as the iss and didn't travel across the skyline...i've just checked the iss tracker and it says there are no sightings in my area at the moment or for the next 2 weeks. i don't believe it was a meteorite as i've seen plenty of those and it wasn't travelling at the same speed...the fact that i mistook it for a plane at first shows how slow it was travelling....anyhow i checked flightradar and nothing in the vicinity so wasn't a plane. absolutely wasn't a firework or a sky lantern or any of that kind of stuff..

i literally just saw it for 2 seconds but it was very bright and then it just disappeared. i have no explanation of what it might have been

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭OldRio

Probably an Iridium flare. Sunlight reflecting off a satellite.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or a drone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

OldRio wrote: »
    Probably an Iridium flare. Sunlight reflecting off a satellite.

Should have hit it with an inverse tachyon pulse, would have told him for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭buried

steddyeddy wrote: »
    The reason the military is being more open about it all is partly due to a guy called Chris Melon. Chris is a former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence in the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations.

You want me to take this guy seriously after being involved in this administrations $hitshow? What was his 'intelligence' doing during that timeframe? Taking a p!ss? If this lad told me that tomorrow is going to be Wednesday I wouldn't believe the hoor

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

It will seem very strange when we all wake up one morning (hopefully in June) and the headline news is the fact that we are not alone!

That will be stunning news, like off the scale of stunning. To think that there is another intelligence out there far more advanced than ours and Washington announces that they don't know who they are or where they come from. It really will be the biggest news since the birth of civilization?

Personally I'm not going down the Alien route, more like something else sharing our space from a different dimension? I don't have a clue really, but my God, when that announcement is made, Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

It will seem very strange when we all wake up one morning (hopefully in June) and the headline news is the fact that we are not alone!

That will be stunning news, like off the scale of stunning. To think that there is another intelligence out there far more advanced than ours and Washington announces that they don't know who they are or where they come from. It really will be the biggest news since the birth of civilization?

Personally I'm not going down the Alien route, more like something else sharing our space from a different dimension? I don't have a clue really, but my God, when that announcement is made, Wow!

My do you think "June" man?

That's what the New York Times says.

Man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Steve012 wrote: »
    My do you think "June" man?

That's the deadline for the Pentagon/CIA report on UFOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

You expect evidence of this is going to be wheeled out by the US military?
    I’m still finding it strange that a lot of people are putting hope in the US intelligence agencies. Especially as many of these people are conspiracy minded and US intelligence is part of the deep state.

The evidence is already being drip fed to us, one week it's Tic-tac, the next Gyro, now it's pyramids.

All authenticated by the Pentagon as Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon. The report in June will I presume put meat on the bones with an official announcement, that they don't know who or what is being witnessed in our skies.

Origin unknown.

So we’re going to go from grainy videos and 2D green triangles to a full out crystal clear evidence of aliens/trans dimensional entites (are these the same things).
    Are these recent releases official pentagon or just the Bigelow brigade?

So we’re going to go from grainy videos and 2D green triangles to a full out crystal clear evidence of aliens/trans dimensional entites (are these the same things).
    Are these recent releases official pentagon or just the Bigelow brigade?

Official Pentagon, crystal clear objects of Unexplained & Unidentified origin, capable of speeds and manoeuvres unknown to man.

It's not like the Daily Star is releasing an official report on unexplained UAPs, it's the Pentagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭buried

Official Pentagon, crystal clear objects of Unexplained & Unidentified origin, capable of speeds and manoeuvres unknown to man.

None of that is any proof of this phenomenon being Extraterrestrial in nature. All of these things they are reporting to have seen may be a terrestrial phenomenon. There is a great deal unknown to man even on this very planet. Only a few weeks ago at the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland, the scientists there announced they have discovered a brand new force of nature, nature that has always been here with us but they have only discovered this force now.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’d say this “ufo report” will be fairly underwhelming whenever it actually comes

It's not like the Daily Star is releasing an official report on unexplained UAPs, it's the Pentagon.

The same Pentagon that studied remote viewing and psychics in the past. I might release a batman balloon to celebrate disclosure.

buried wrote: »
    None of that is any proof of this phenomenon being Extraterrestrial in nature. All of these things they are reporting to have seen may be a terrestrial phenomenon. There is a great deal unknown to man even on this very planet. Only a few weeks ago at the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland, the scientists there announced they have discovered a brand new force of nature, nature that has always been here with us but they have only discovered this force now.

That's why I said this in post #1402 ...

"Personally I'm not going down the Alien route, more like something else sharing our space from a different dimension? I don't have a clue really".

A more earthly explanation of the 2D pyramids.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-r2oaQWmqkk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭MyLove4Satan

I have been involved in looking deep into this topic for years and I have come to the conclusion that the ones which are not secret military projects are probably some aspect of quantum effects which we don't fully understand the science of. I also believe that it is rooted in the same experience as fairy folklore. But within the human consciousness of the technological age. Both Carl Jung and Aleister Crowley said that what our ancestors saw as demons and goblins, modern humans experience as flying saucers. I completely agree with this.

I am almost 100% certain they are not nuts and bolts alien space craft. They are akin to disturbances in the quantum field - and there is an element of Entanglement with human observation/perceptions - and this is why when you zoom a camera in on them they become more vague and fuzzy. They are not actually there. We are seeing the effects they have on the localized field. There are even people who can make them appear at will too.

Also, if you look at stories of alien abduction and compare them to Celtic and Scandinavian stories of people being taken by Fairies, the stories are almost identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

I have been involved in looking deep into this topic for years and I have come to the conclusion that the ones which are not secret military projects are probably some aspect of quantum effects which we don't fully understand the science of. I also believe that it is rooted in the same experience as fairy folklore. But within the human consciousness of the technological age. Both Carl Jung and Aleister Crowley said that what our ancestors saw as demons and goblins, modern humans experience as flying saucers. I completely agree with this.

I am almost 100% certain they are not nuts and bolts alien space craft. They are akin to disturbances in the quantum field - and there is an element of Entanglement with human observation/perceptions - and this is why when you zoom a camera in on them they become more vague and fuzzy. They are not actually there. We are seeing the effects they have on the localized field. There are even people who can make them appear at will too.

Also, if you look at stories of alien abduction and compare them to Celtic and Scandinavian stories of people being taken by Fairies, the stories are almost identical.

Very interesting viewpoint, can you recommend any reading?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭MyLove4Satan

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    Very interesting viewpoint, can you recommend any reading?

Any of the books by the Jacques Vallee especially Passport to Magnolia

Makes me wonder what's going on?

The Pentagon, that's THE Pentagon releases a video preporting to show a UAP, the news media outlets pick up on this, they then conduct interviews with "top experts" who agree that the videos, Gimbal, Pyramid and Bat Balloon etc cannot be explained, then Mick West cones along and calmly & logically explains what is being seen. Bat Balloon is just a helium balloon, Gimbal is a distant aeroplane, the object shooting along on the surface of the ocean is a duck, and the pyramids are just and aeroplane & stars!

If Mr West is correct, then what the hell is the Pentagon doing telling us that they are filming UAPs? Like who's telling the truth? The US Navy and the Pentagon, or Mick West?

I’d say it’s a case of true believer members of the Bigelow brigade who want to believe and are working backwards from the viewpoint that UFOs are alien craft and are reaching for what they think is the best evidence.
    This is the kind of stuff that the CIA spent time on in the past.
    https://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/the-cias-psychic-probe-of-ancient-martian-civilization

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If Mr West is correct, then what the hell is the Pentagon doing telling us that they are filming UAPs ? Like who's telling the truth? The US Navy and the Pentagon, or Nick West?

Mick West.

None of the live commentary from the Navy pilots concerning the speed of the phenomena can be tallied with Mr West's explanations. He's allowed to be skeptical but its not credible to jump into a situation and just pick explanations out of his arse.

You can be sure the Pentagon aren't telling the truth, at least the whole truth. Thats not their game. But West isn't either because he simply doesn't have any source close to the events.

It'd be foolish for anyone to expect a big reveal in June. Irrespective of the outcome of the report, it can be classified quite easily if it contains any tenuous threat to national security, and so only a few people will see it and even the Congressional Committees will be obliged to keep it zipped.

Is there advanced intelligent life elsewhere in the Universe. Through sheer probability we can say, heck yes. Have they visited this planet? Maybe. But if they have the technology to make the trip, surely they have the technology to easily evade detection...

I hope to live another 50 years. In that time I serious doubt I will see incontrovertible and globally accepted evidence of extraterrestrial life and if I do, its more likely our technology will have advanced to detect it in its own locale, rather than alien tourists being confirmed on Earth.

Even if that information does become known to some narrow section of humanity, the consequences of it becoming public and changing the paradigm of our own civilisation will be too great for those same people to release it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Extra user.

No

Sci-Fi made a big impression on me as a child

Movies like 'the day the earth stood still ' but I've no interest in it now
    I assume this is how it all started ?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Larbre34 wrote: »
    He's allowed to be skeptical but its not credible to jump into a situation and just pick explanations out of his arse.

must be painful

Advertisement