Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spider-Man: Far From Home [** SPOILERS FROM POST 240 **]

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Johnmb wrote: »
    If that's the case then it doesn't bode well for the future of Spider-Man in the MCU...

I’m sure the agreement is mutually beneficial and won’t end anytime soon.

Though, given Spider-Verse was by far the best Marvel superhero film yet made, considerably beyond anything from the MCU, I would not for a second complain about Sony refocusing their efforts on that strand of their licensing deal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I’m sure the agreement is mutually beneficial and won’t end anytime soon.
    The original agreement was to end after this Spider-Man film, I haven't read anything about it being extended yet. And if, as bennyl10 suggested, Sony are not playing ball marketing-wise, then the chances of it being extended are not good.
    Spider-Verse was a different film, nothing to do with the MCU, so there'd be no reason for its future potential to be impacted either way by a continuation of Spider-Man in the MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYo4nxkknFj9pNMyV6tAcWuPuflhB2kDNQ5_u1j0aSri0-sF4NsQ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭ThePott

Did a little breakdown of the trailer and it's easter eggs if anyone is interested :)

As far as the Sony/Marvel deal from memory it was basically a handshake deal so it's not exactly a stable one.
    That being said Sony completely benefit from the deal, they foot the bill and Marvel do lots of the work.

The only worry would be that they want Spider-man back for their own universe.
    When the original deal took place Sony had made a mess of Spider-Man, now they have one of the highest grossing films of 2018 and one of the critical darlings of 2018 using Spidey properties.

They may decide it suits them better to strike out on their own but I don't know if there's much benefit. If they make good without Tom Holland then why burn that bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The International trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Still not immediately buying into a Spider-Man movie set outside of New York; feels too much like the lazy sequel of sending the cast on a foreign holiday cos they can't think of anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

I don't understand the problem having Spidey and Nick Fury show up after the events of Infinity War. Marvel were always going to reverse The Snap, they had to reverse The Snap. It should not be a surprise at all.

At worst the "continuity" of the trailers feel disjointed. Suspension of disbelief and all that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Avengers Endgame -
    I guess after Tony Starks death...
    that Peter might get lulled into thinking of Mysterio as a bit of a mentor figure.
    I'm still not 100% on them going full baddie or maybe full goodie with Mysterio.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I've seen Mysterio described as the
    cool uncle in the film
    , either way, I'm curious to see how exactly it picks up post Endgame.

Also spoiler ban on Endgame is lifted today due to the trailer for this coming today.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

I see omniplex presale for this is starting today. Bit early? 2nd July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,272 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I've seen Mysterio described as the
    cool uncle in the film
    , either way, I'm curious to see how exactly it picks up post Endgame.

Also spoiler ban on Endgame is lifted today due to the trailer for this coming today.

Well.. No.

Just cause the Russos say it doesn't make it true.

Well.. No.

Just cause the Russos say it doesn't make it true.

Well they wouldn't say so publicly on American television unless they knew something was coming down the track, which obviously something is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

DuffleBag wrote: »
    I see omniplex presale for this is starting today. Bit early? 2nd July

Presumably they're trying to latch onto the Endgame related enthusiasm to get a few more sales from those desperate for more MCU

Well they wouldn't say so publicly on American television unless they knew something was coming down the track, which obviously something is.

They are realesing an endgame spoiler heavy spider man trailer today.

But that doesn't mean a global spoiler thing is over, you still shouldn't be discussing endgame spoilers openly wherever you want.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The whole concept of a spoiler embargo is almost farcically absurd. The film’s out there, people can talk about it. The whole insane spoiler hysteria that surrounds modern franchise blockbusters has gotten completely out of hand - with the irony that most of these films are completely predictable in the first place. It’s nice to go in blind, absolutely. But social media shutdowns, ‘don’t spoil it’ hashtags, and the bizarre attacks on critics who discuss even the most general plot details pre-release are preposterous. At worst, they even invoke a sort of Streisand effect - the more people take extreme precautions to avoid spoilers, the more likely it is people out there will want to spoil it for others.

They are realesing an endgame spoiler heavy spider man trailer today.

But that doesn't mean a global spoiler thing is over, you still shouldn't be discussing endgame spoilers openly wherever you want.

It's just gonna probably be
    Tom Holland at the front of the trailer saying the film spoils Endgame, so go see Endgame before this, roll footage from the film

Well surely if you've seen the film, you can be free to discuss it as you please with those who've seen it? I've seen Facebook posts/Twitter updates from friends warning people they'd be openly talking about Endgame and the events from it.

So if you haven't seen Endgame and somehow stumble across spoilers on social media, it's nobody's fault but your own.

It's just gonna probably be
    Tom Holland at the front of the trailer saying the film spoils Endgame, so go see Endgame before this, roll footage from the film

Well surely if you've seen the film, you can be free to discuss it as you please with those who've seen it? I've seen Facebook posts/Twitter updates from friends warning people they'd be openly talking about Endgame and the events from it.

So if you haven't seen Endgame and somehow stumble across spoilers on social media, it's nobody's fault but your own.

Imo announcing that on twitter works be the same as walking into a park and loudly shouting I'M GONNA SPOIL ENDGAME.

Twitter isn't a private conversation platform.

Multiverse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They really didn't need to give anything away in that trailer.

And of course they gave away to much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

One line in that trailer and they have made absolutely anything possible going forward in the franchise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

One line in that trailer and they have made absolutely anything possible going forward in the franchise

Hopefully all that stops with the end of Phase 4

Put x men on multiverse something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

yeah but it's mysterio. Anything and everything he says does or is involved in could be an illusion.

Pter wrote: »
    yeah but it's mysterio. Anything and everything he says does or is involved in could be an illusion.

Indeed but it would tie in to the plot of end game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Indeed but it would tie in to the plot of end game.

And if I were mysterio I'd be using that to my advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Hmmmmm.......don't know how to take that trailer. Not like them to give so much away or maybe they just want to get fans excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,126 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Pter wrote: »

That was my take aswell. He can now crank his tricks up to 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The Theme Tune! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

I cant help but think that there are still going to be some knuckle draggers who are convinced this movie takes place pre snap :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I cant help but think that there are still going to be some knuckle draggers who are convinced this movie takes place pre snap :rolleyes:

How charming. What a nice fellow you are.

Advertisement