Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spider-Man: Far From Home [** SPOILERS FROM POST 240 **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I said I wouldn't watch it. I watched it. I'm weak :(

I don't like the sound of
    multiverse
    but I'm not about to lose faith in Marvel/Disney.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I cant help but think that there are still going to be some knuckle draggers who are convinced this movie takes place pre snap :rolleyes:

But, but it takes place before Infinity War, that's why they're on the bus coming back :pac:

Even though it's set 5 years later, right off the heels of Endgame.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Marvel/Disney.

This is Sony.. in collab with Marvel/Disney

From what I know, it seems that Marvel/Disney asked Sony to change the logo to "Marvel Studios" in the films they are involved in

Slydice wrote: »
    This is Sony.. in collab with Marvel/Disney

From what I know, it seems that Marvel/Disney asked Sony to change the logo to "Marvel Studios" in the films they are involved in

Aaaaahhhh I forgot Sony were still running the show. Bollox anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Does the trailer explain why they are all the same age?

• Advertisement

I said I wouldn't watch it. I watched it. I'm weak :(

I don't like the sound of
    multiverse
    but I'm not about to lose faith in Marvel/Disney.

Ah lads, surly we don’t have use spoiler tags for the trailer. I mean if you want to avoid spoilers that include promotional material, don’t come onto the forum.

kerplun k wrote: »
    Does the trailer explain why they are all the same age?

Endgame explains it
    Ah lads, surly we don’t have use spoiler tags for the trailer. I mean if you want to avoid spoilers that include promotional material, don’t come onto the forum.

Also spoilers due to Endgame..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Endgame explains it

Did it.
    Endgame only said life went on, others came back the same age, so all the main players in this were coincidentally snapped? Is that how they are explaining this?
    Also spoilers due to Endgame..

I mean is the word
    multiverse
    , technically an endgame spoiler? I don’t think it is. Okay you could argue that the
    multiverse is a consequence of endgame,
    but openly taking about a
    multiverse
    In relation to FFH, without mentioning endgame, shouldn’t require spoiler tags?

Did it.
    Endgame only said life went on, others came back the same age, so all the main players in this were coincidentally snapped? Is that how they are explaining this?

I mean is the word
    multiverse
    , technically an endgame spoiler? I don’t think it is. Okay you could argue that the
    multiverse is a consequence of endgame,
    but openly taking about a
    multiverse
    In relation to FFH, without mentioning endgame, shouldn’t require spoiler tags?

Spoilers for Endgame.
    There was a
    5 year time jump in Endgame
    , Far From Home is set minutes after it,
    also Doctor Strange's 1 in 14,000,605 plan came to fruition with Tony sacrificing himself in the ultimate heroic act

Well if you consider
    it a ripple effect of time travel
    in Endgame, then yes multiverse would be kinda spoilery

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Spoilers for Endgame.
    There was a
    5 year time jump in Endgame
    , Far From Home is set minutes after it

Right, but
    were 100% of the cast of Spider-man Homecoming 'snapped' in Infinity War? Because none of them seem to have aged in five years and they're all the same age as each other.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Did they change Nick Fury's first line to Peter from the last trailer to this one ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Should I add a spoiler warning for Endgame to the thread title? Seems like there's going to be a lot of overlap in the discussion.

Goodshape wrote: »
    Right, but
    were 100% of the cast of Spider-man Homecoming 'snapped' in Infinity War? Because none of them seem to have aged in five years and they're all the same age as each other.

I presume they were,
    cause when Ned sees Peter in high school after they've been resurrected, he looked shocked mixed with surprise seeing Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Really thought given the title this was gonna be a bridge of the snap between infinity war and endgame showcasing the heroes snapped and where they went.

Still looking forward to it but ah a boy can dream.

I spoilered
    multiverse
    as yanks have an awful problem of showing too much in ads and just because someone might not want to discuss the ads, they might still want to talk about the film here even if they avoid all pre info on the film.

Interested to hear from a mod, is all info from ads fair game to talk about or should we still spoiler bits based on our judgement?

I think Endgame would be fair game to talk about now without spoilers, maybe add to title thread 'Endgame spoilers from post xxx' ?

I spoilered
    multiverse
    as yanks have an awful problem of showing too much in ads and just because someone might not want to discuss the ads, they might still want to talk about the film here even if they avoid all pre info on the film.

Interested to hear from a mod, is all info from ads fair game to talk about or should we still spoiler bits based on our judgement?

I think Endgame would be fair game to talk about now without spoilers, maybe add to title thread 'Endgame spoilers from post xxx' ?

Spoilers onwards from whatever post # the trailer was.

I presume they were,
    cause when Ned sees Peter in high school after they've been resurrected, he looked shocked mixed with surprise seeing Peter

But not just Peter and Ned, MJ, Flash, Betty and Liz were all snapped too. I’ll say it again, that’s some coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Being honest I'm happy to live with the major coincidence, like I want to see a spider-man movie, not a follow on from Endgame with all these technicalities

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Okay, I'll add a spoiler warning for Endgame now.
    I spoilered
    multiverse

Afaic, yes, trailers are fair game and it should go without saying that they can be discussed without tags. With big films like this there really isn't much else to talk about until they are released, so spoiler tagging everything just isn't practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,993 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Being honest I'm happy to live with the major coincidence, like I want to see a spider-man movie, not a follow on from Endgame with all these technicalities

Would have been neat to have flash not snapped, age him up, and position him towards hatred of Peter gets to live like nothing happened.

• Advertisement

!!! WARNING !!!

Spoilers for Avengers Endgame from this post onward. If if you haven't seen Endgame yet, stop reading unless you want to be spoiled. Spoiler tags for Endgame's plot will not be used from this post onward.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Would have been neat to have flash not snapped, age him up, and position him towards hatred of Peter gets to live like nothing happened.

Don't think he cares about peter that much, to focus any such feeling on him alone.

Well given that it is the final film in Phase 3, they had to touch on the fallout from Endgame (given Peter & Tony's bond, and how Tony's death will affect Peter) while somehow setting up the next few years plot wise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Not on board; notwithstanding the Endgame element looks like they've really "On The Bus"ed the sequel, sending a quintessentially New York superhero on holiday for the sake of newer, bigger locations. I don't want to see Spider-Man swinging around generic, cliché Euro-destinations.

IIRC a comics run actually ran with the idea of Parker becoming a tech / industry bigwig, but more when he's older so this may be the direction they go in?

And presuming Mysterio is playing an act, conning our heroes for nefarious later purposes

The brief bit of exposition confirming the multiverse is a very odd inclusion. I wonder if this is Sony covering themselves in case they want to use Spiderman in separate films outside the MCU like Venom and Morbius. I’m also interested to know what the current state of the original deal between Sony and Marvel is. AFAIK, it was 3 films, plus Civi War and Avengers so I’m curious what happens after that deal is complete.

Thanks Professor.

So Multiverse.... That can get very messy, I hope they have a solid plan in place. Actually hoping it's just a Mysterio spoof.

Thanks Professor.

So Multiverse.... That can get very messy, I hope they have a solid plan in place. Actually hoping it's just a Mysterio spoof.

Yep, I’m not buying this Mysterio nice guy act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Well given that it is the final film in Phase 3, they had to touch on the fallout from Endgame (given Peter & Tony's bond, and how Tony's death will affect Peter) while somehow setting up the next few years plot wise.

Ya that stuff I'm OK with as it's easily managed but for example if MJ didn't get snapped and now is 5 years older and not in school so not in the movie, that would have been such a waste, so I'm happy for everyone to blindly assume they all got snapped.

Wonder why spiderman changes back into his old suit later in the trailer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yep, I’m not buying this Mysterio nice guy act.

It's 90% certain to be an act, Mysterio's whole thing is deception and illusion; I think they're going to go for an angle of Parker trying to find a new father figure, only to have him betray that trust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

But not just Peter and Ned, MJ, Flash, Betty and Liz were all snapped too. I’ll say it again, that’s some coincidence.

Half the population got snapped, I don't think it's a massive coincidence out of the millions of people snapped 5/6 of them happened to be in the same class.

Advertisement