Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Time to start adding people I see in the boards.ie channel! Or else we need a list of people that play here.

I'll play a few after the football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I got this and went to play today... lovely half an hour wait before I gave up looking for a game...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

what were you searching for? takes 2 mins max for me, ever.

what were you searching for? takes 2 mins max for me, ever.

Just went into play - > find game? :/

oh dunno, sounds weird. Make sure europe and all pick are selected anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Is there a handy comms server to use? Moju and tar have mumble servers that I've used but not when they're not playing.

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    Is there a handy comms server to use? Moju and tar have mumble servers that I've used but not when they're not playing.

Just use it when I'm not playing as well. I also have other mumbles, vents etc that you can use if you want. Nobody minds.

I think boards have one? But anyway all these are fine. Kag has a vent too.

oh dunno, sounds weird. Make sure europe and all pick are selected anyway.

I have everything selected and it says there is only 44 players online....

• Advertisement

Force staff is the greatest item ever vs riki. Also, SK force staffing in with ulti is ****ing hilarious to watch.

Derp.... I'd downloaded dota 2 test, it's why I couldn't play

oh right was wondering, 44 people lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Finally, after a week of trying to get a beta key, Steam Gifts finally came through! Now the learning begins!

zIPX6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

A few people have added me, just a public warning: I can be pretty erratic, and by erratic i mean ****.

• Advertisement

lol, added you just now, this can't possibly go wrong :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Oh wow, the new hero this week was a surprise !

And when you steal bat riders fly, the results are hilarious !

So many people are going to play him horribly. Combined with the amount of PA pickers around, that can't last hit.

rubick is so cool, ranged lycan ult with svens god strength :D

Ok, fairly successful stack executed. :D

• Advertisement

Hope it went better than that first one lol! Great to play with a few boardsies

It went much much better :D.

/jungle

We won like 3/4, 2 of them inside 25 mins, 20 min double raxing.

Thanks for the games guys:) I had looked at your profiles and was reassured that you only had around the same number of wins as me. Which quickly turned to dread when it emerged that you all had played dota1, shortly followed by your collective hive mind emerging and always knowing what do (including the pug lesrac) while i ran between ye whimpering.
    excellent fun though^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Anyone got a spare key knocking about?

Played against a rubick this morning can shut down so many heroes. He kept stealing our storm spirit's ulti.

luckily you can just beat the **** out of him as he is so squishy. really cool hero.

The number of bad rubicks.... fml.

I'm not very good but i'm getting better! If anyone wants to play some games i'd be more than interested!

n1ck wrote: »
    I'm not very good but i'm getting better! If anyone wants to play some games i'd be more than interested!

Join the Boards.ie Chat channel, As of the last few days I see 5 or 6 people in it !

Havent fed in a while let it begin.

• Advertisement

Anyone up for a few games? Joined the channel but nobody in there.

I just hopped online, seems like most people don't ahve the same steam name as their boards one, heh.

I just hopped online, seems like most people don't ahve the same steam name as their boards one, heh.

My steam name is Adeyrn.

tis my birthday now on sat, gf sent me this gem :D

BQtsS.jpg

Lol nice one Tar !

This has to be the most ****ed up pro game I have watched ! Mouz vs Darer, its Sheever casting ( amatuer caster ) Skip to 1:45 is when it starts, seriously its worth a watch, not very long game just so ****ed up xD

lol, watched that game on epi's stream. Interesting tactics. Also, anyone for dota now?

So many bad rubicks..... people need to realise that he isn't good vs every team.

Christ I am hung over, would not mind some games today !

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Lol nice one Tar !

Here is the card, mortred is my favourite hero too :D

WD3Zu.jpg

lFhmX.jpg

This has to be the most ****ed up pro game I have watched ! Mouz vs Darer, its Sheever casting ( amatuer caster ) Skip to 1:45 is when it starts, seriously its worth a watch, not very long game just so ****ed up xD
    Brilliant game, really loved it. SO many killlls
    GO_Bear wrote: »
    Christ I am hung over, would not mind some games today !

Me too. :(

tfSLY.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Stuck in ELO hell at the moment =( Queue with my friends (either 2 man or 3 man party) and every time we have some idiot who plays a crutial role character and fails horribly at it. It's gotten to the point where I can't trust pubs to mid, go carry, play support or play initiator they ALWAYS **** up. Ugh just been a rough series of games lately/

CK's clubbing sound is the most satisfying thing ever. Riki initates on me, I slowly walk out of cloud, ulti, rift, thousand year stun and he dies. *club*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGs lads! Good set of games.

First time playing solo off lane beastmaster. Never again, even though BM's attack animation is ridic awesome.

I was scared and confused by that tri lane thing (can't really blame 1st blood to broodlings on that though:/). Once again spent a game running around whimpering. I'll be better prepared next time, and chalk this one down to i was acting as decoy so they would come after me instead of hitting AM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No worries dibs, basically the idea behind it is to give one hero in the lane complete freefarm with two supports (one of which usually stays in the forest out of xp range and looks for a chance to come in from the side and set up a double stun - earthshaker is really good for this).

It worked out grand anyway as AM got good farm in the lane, but usually you're looking to get some kills out of it too.

edit: Here's a video on it:

• Advertisement

First time playing solo off lane beastmaster. Never again, even though BM's attack animation is ridic awesome.

If you're on Dire and in the long lane you're supposed to pull/stack the ancients as you can do them all with your first skill a few levels later and get nice farm from it. His first skill is a mixture of physical and magic

If you're on Dire and in the long lane you're supposed to pull/stack the ancients as you can do them all with your first skill a few levels later and get nice farm from it. His first skill is a mixture of physical and magic

You will actually level faster than the dual lane doing this, even if you go no where near the creep wave !

Luna and Io added to the test client

Am loving both their voice sets :p

Io is a bit over powered and we might run into Luna somewhere in county Derry I reckon, yanks attempt at doing a highlander accent xD

I've been looking forward to IO:D They didn't mention it on the clip, but it says that any heals that io gets will also heal his theathered unit. is this still in dota2?

Just watching the tri lane vid now, hopefully it shall be illuminating.

When i play this next, i'm going to do the ridiculous RP he did for finding a rune.

Have not tested him yet bit I assume they will have it the same

• Advertisement
Advertisement