Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "Get it off your chest" thread-Part II

• 28-09-2006 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I split up the other thread because it got large a while ago and might be easier for the server to manage. Anyway off ye go again, rant, complain about anything ye want to. Don't bottle it all up. :)

edit: This is NOT a postcount++ thread, one or two replies to a users comments is okay but no more please as it is considered spam and will be deleted at the moderators discretion!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Endasaurus

I just spent several hours on this website for no good reason :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

ISRAEL WON'T EVEN SUPPLY THE RELEVANT INFO REGARDING WHERE THEY USED THEIR CLUSTER BOMBS!

Man, how do people continually defend that nation??????:eek: :eek: :eek: :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks for listening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,798 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Another bleeding' "Get It Off Your Chest" thread???!!! WTF?!

Bleedin' dictatorial intercontinental Mods! FFS!!! ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I got woken up at 8.30 when I didn't need to wake up until 9.30, and now there's painters in my flat so I can't go back to sleep :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Think thats bad?

Getting woken up at 5.30 when i didnt need to get up till 6.40!!!!

Also this is the 3rd day in a row this has happened!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Crappy college timetable where I've nothing all day and then a double lecture at 5-7 in the evening. :mad:

Think thats bad?

Getting woken up at 5.30 when i didnt need to get up till 6.40!!!!

Also this is the 3rd day in a row this has happened!

yeah me :(:( too i'm not impressed!

\ sharpen's knife to stab roomate!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

people who buy frozen shaped chicken really annoy me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

dublin fuuukin buses

need i say more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

And the fúcken 66x bus is 55c dearer than the 66, even though it goes on the same route, which means my friken bus tickets wont work on the bástard!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble.

General rantings about everything that annoyes me even a little bit.

Mumble mumble all will die mumble mumble mumble.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

19A's breaking down on both Monday and Wednesday moring :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Endasaurus

HavoK wrote:
    Crappy college timetable where I've nothing all day and then a double lecture at 5-7 in the evening. :mad:

Scarily similar to my one, and I'm in Galway too :eek:

Having to cook for myself abnd making an arse of it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

HavoK wrote:
    i don't have the problem of big gaps in my college timetable, i just have 37 hours of college a week. i'm in at ten on a tuesday and have an hour gap today but other that that it's all classes. consider yourself lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

And the fúcken 66x bus is 55c dearer than the 66, even though it goes on the same route, which means my friken bus tickets wont work on the bástard!!!!
    i dont get the bus anymore or live in leixlip anymore but im fairly sure that the 66X bypasses chapelizod and goes straight along the N4 and then comes out near houston station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Being woken up at 3.30am on Tuesday 5:15am Wednesday, 4:30am Thursday and 8am and 9am on Saturday and Sunday, all by fcuking work! This happends regularly every other week. Cnuting Cnuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭Archeron

Being foodless this morning I wanted to stop in the local garage to get me a scone or something, but the traffic was all backlogged blocking the entrance and not one single bastard would leave a gap for me to go through so I had to leave it coz I was causing a tailback and people were beeping at me and so I got into work and there was nothing to eat and the milk was left out overnight so I couldnt even have tea and then I went into a meeting and right in the middle during a big ominous silence my stomach made a really loud burbling hunger noise and EVERYBODY looked at me and I went red with embarresment and people are laughing at me now.

And I still havent got anything to eat. Bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

f**k those bill collectors! y'd they come when i'm out of cash!:mad:

I’m having a severe I need day

I need sleep, I need to finish my work, I need to find an outfit for the weekend, I need a better attention span, I need a manicure/pedicure, I need money, I need to go the gym more than twice a week, I need more hour's in the day, I need space in my wardrobe, I need to sort out my shoes, I need time to shop so I can abuse the discount I have, I need someone to help me organise my room, I need a haircut, I need cuddles

I need to stop being a moany cnut

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

People texting me and ringing before 8am this morning, let me fecking sleep. :/

Also, The bar dude pouring tequila in my eyes last night, that burned, burned a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

i dont get the bus anymore or live in leixlip anymore but im fairly sure that the 66X bypasses chapelizod and goes straight along the N4 and then comes out near houston station

Correct. Sorry Chimp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I have a crush on a girl, and her sister has a crush on me....WTF am I supposed to do!!!

And I reallly, really hate exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Zapho wrote:
    I have a crush on a girl, and her sister has a crush on me....WTF am I supposed to do!!!

And I reallly, really hate exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep both of them, twice teh fun*.

I hate big arse banks buying out smaller local ones, a boot in the arse for the consumer.

*not advisable.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i started writin a CV at 1pm today so far i've watched youtube and read bash.org i have nothin writen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

being woken up by the po po knockin very fookin hard on my front door cos the b!tch next door didnt like me parkin on the path. she said i was blocking her way when she wanted to walk past with groceries..... like walk around it jesus... who calls 911 for that

Dumb B!tch: hello is this 911?

911: yes how may i help you?

DB:The guy next door has parked on the path, please help?

911: *turns to collegue* is this dumb b!tch serious???

rant over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

I know a forum where the highest poster is 10 years old. She registered 4 MONTHS ago and has 4000 posts.

I don't even know where to begin with this one. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Bad day at the office. The D20 server I was supposed to fix beat me all ends up and still lies beside me unfixed. Bayer Leverkuson fcuked up my Thursday night bet and the new After Hours Mod Karoma is being really mean to Pighead and accused him of not only being smelly but creepy too. Time for a weep. Waaahhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

WENT TO SEE THE FRAMES LAST NIGHT AT VICAR STREET, BRILLIANT GIG BUT FOR ONE THING , PEOPLE TALKING ****E BEHIND ME,WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY IF THESE PEOPLE WANT TO HAVE A DRINK AND CHAT ABOUT HOW YOUR DAY WENT THEN GO TO THE PUB. I HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS AT LOTS OF OTHER GIGS.PEOPLE PAY A LOT OF MONEY IN SOME CASES FOR TICKETS FOR SHOWS.I DONT KNOW HOW I GOT THROUGH THE WHOLE SHOW WITHOUT THUMPING THEM, ANY ELSE HAVE A SOLUTION ON HOW TO GET RID OF THESE PARASITES..........:cool: :cool: :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I hate people talking crap on boards.ie. Nice over use of the capslock there buddy. You know we have a "Get it off your chest" thread right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

So whats your question? How should we deal with ignorant people? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I don't think it's a question. More of a rant. About as useful as a cock flavoured lollipop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I always find that a simple "Sorry but we're trying to listen. Any chance you could save it for the interval" works quite well. If they keep going after that then I'm sure there would have been someone there that you could tell in order to get them to shut up or have them thrown out.

However if you sat there seething and didn't open you mouth to them while they kept talking then tough shít. Some people are ignorant bastards and need to be told to stfu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Budd

You are at a rock gig not the Opera. Take the stick out of your arse and you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

May they found the concert boring!

...or the sound engineering wasn't up to scratch! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

they can talk ****e if they want to but is it not waste of a ticket, that some poor sod who cant get a ticket could enjoy. this happens at most gigs, pubs are for socalising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

jazoo wrote:
    they can talk ****e if they want to but is it not waste of a ticket, that some poor sod who cant get a ticket could enjoy. this happens at most gigs, pubs are for socalising

I think you'll find that its a waste of their ticket. People often tell me that I should stop wasting my money on expensive jockstraps, as the money could be far better spent by those people trying to end 3rd worlds or something.

But its my money, my jockstrap and my decision.

;)

[rant] Applied for a job that I *really* wanted towards the end of June. Got through two rounds of interviews and was told that I got one of the positions Delighted considering the lack of work experience for this particular job.

Fast forward 2 and a half months and I have only just received word on when I will be starting - the middle of November.

Head is wrecked with the waiting! [/rant]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

jazoo wrote:
    Do you have long brown hair and dead eyes? Pighead was at the gig last night and a dead eyed lady and her fella were tutting and shushhiinngg the whole way through the gig.

Even though Hansard announced from the stage "We're an inclusive type of band, join in folks". If you are her, we christened you THe Bitch" last night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Performa. :mad:

Rant number 2: The boyfriend's gas has been cut off in his apartment so there has been no hot water since Friday. Cold showers suck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

When i'm in toilet cubicles and notice a lack of grafitii on the walls, i start the ball rolling by writing my friends phone numbers next to the phrase 'PLEASE ring me, i NEED gay sex'.

i've done it to all my mates more then once.

end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Nasal hair.

Didn't notice the buggers this morning and I now look like I have the beginnings of a downward-growing mustache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I am sick to death of house or car alarms going off for more than an hour !
    Whats the purpose of an irratating alarm going off for over an hour, the burglar will be well and truly gone, within max 40 mins ... alarms should be timed to turnoff after an hour or else in the unlikely event the owner has actually been robbed , they should also have to face up to a fine of 50 euros for each hour the alarm goes off ,for noise pollution ... there was a house alarm beside me going off for nearly 6 hours last night ... could hardly get to sleep , while the neighbour is away oblivious to the irratation he or she is causing ... and the non existent burglar is asleep in mountjoy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭exCrumlinBoyo

Things that piss me off not necessarily are any order.

People who do not know how to drive and do not know how to use their indicators. They think they own the bleeding road. Sometimes I will punch their heads in.

People with no manners! Saying thank you and please costs nothing. My 3 year old uses it more than a lot of adults.

Pessimistic people who do nothing but complain about how ****ty their life is and how much a bunch of crap it is. Well instead of putting all that energy into it by saying how **** it is, actually get up of your arse and go talk to that bird you love or go visit the arse hole of Bangladesh since you yearn it. You and only you have control of your life so do something about it.

When my missus tells me something that means the complete opposite of what she actually means and then gets pissed at me. What is with that ****? Mystic Meg is my new name as a matter of fact.

I hate that life, unless you are rich is spent pay bills month after month, thinking about car payments, mortgage payments, Insurance (health, property and car ) premiums, the price of this and the price of that, life can be fcuking feeble at times with the amount of energy we spend consuming our selves with this part of it. What can you do? Make the best of it and pay the bills, such is life. You’re a slave to money then you die.. no fcuking truer saying.

I hate the huge boil I got on me arse at the end of last week. Thank god now its gone. Some squeezing, lots of alcohol (rubbing) and bobs your uncle , brand new. I could not sit the fcuk down on Friday it was so painfull, today I am brand new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

ok, i have a new boss who keeps changing my hours without telling me...then she wonders why i dont turn up when i should..
    so today i left a few hours early...i'm getting paid as we speak..until half 4....fu(k her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

You know the ones I mean, perfectly able-bodied people who refuse to walk properly on a crowded footpath. They're in front of you, dawdling along, and you move to the right to overtake them. Then they move to the right and block your path. So you move to the left and then they move to the left to block you again, all the time without them ever realising you're behind them.
    I've resorted to shouldering them as I finally get past them, so I'll probably get into a fight soon. I don't care, bring it on!!! GET OUT OF MY FUKKING WAY!!! ASSHOLES!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

**** that intonate up at the end of every f*cking sentence....jesus you deserve your tongues cut out of your damn heads. You are not australian, you are not from south california....you're f*cking Irish; speak like you are
    Since I too speak english as a first language, I understand what you're saying perfectly well and don't require you to speak every sentence with that little vocal question mark at the end.
    Are young Irish adults really that unsure of themselves that they can't communicate something with some conviction?

I know there's plenty of you here reading this that do exactly what I'm talking about....it doesn't make you cool or trendy...it just makes you look thick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

grrr.ive art homework due in tomorow and i havent done it!grr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Our real estate agent has my head wrecked with questions, stupid house buying. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Homework, homework, homework.... when will it ever end? :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement