Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Get it off your chest" thread-Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I don't think it's a question. More of a rant. About as useful as a cock flavoured lollipop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I always find that a simple "Sorry but we're trying to listen. Any chance you could save it for the interval" works quite well. If they keep going after that then I'm sure there would have been someone there that you could tell in order to get them to shut up or have them thrown out.

However if you sat there seething and didn't open you mouth to them while they kept talking then tough shít. Some people are ignorant bastards and need to be told to stfu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Budd

You are at a rock gig not the Opera. Take the stick out of your arse and you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

May they found the concert boring!

...or the sound engineering wasn't up to scratch! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

they can talk ****e if they want to but is it not waste of a ticket, that some poor sod who cant get a ticket could enjoy. this happens at most gigs, pubs are for socalising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

jazoo wrote:
    they can talk ****e if they want to but is it not waste of a ticket, that some poor sod who cant get a ticket could enjoy. this happens at most gigs, pubs are for socalising

I think you'll find that its a waste of their ticket. People often tell me that I should stop wasting my money on expensive jockstraps, as the money could be far better spent by those people trying to end 3rd worlds or something.

But its my money, my jockstrap and my decision.

;)

[rant] Applied for a job that I *really* wanted towards the end of June. Got through two rounds of interviews and was told that I got one of the positions Delighted considering the lack of work experience for this particular job.

Fast forward 2 and a half months and I have only just received word on when I will be starting - the middle of November.

Head is wrecked with the waiting! [/rant]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

jazoo wrote:
    Do you have long brown hair and dead eyes? Pighead was at the gig last night and a dead eyed lady and her fella were tutting and shushhiinngg the whole way through the gig.

Even though Hansard announced from the stage "We're an inclusive type of band, join in folks". If you are her, we christened you THe Bitch" last night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Performa. :mad:

Rant number 2: The boyfriend's gas has been cut off in his apartment so there has been no hot water since Friday. Cold showers suck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

When i'm in toilet cubicles and notice a lack of grafitii on the walls, i start the ball rolling by writing my friends phone numbers next to the phrase 'PLEASE ring me, i NEED gay sex'.

i've done it to all my mates more then once.

end.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Nasal hair.

Didn't notice the buggers this morning and I now look like I have the beginnings of a downward-growing mustache.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,625 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I am sick to death of house or car alarms going off for more than an hour !
    Whats the purpose of an irratating alarm going off for over an hour, the burglar will be well and truly gone, within max 40 mins ... alarms should be timed to turnoff after an hour or else in the unlikely event the owner has actually been robbed , they should also have to face up to a fine of 50 euros for each hour the alarm goes off ,for noise pollution ... there was a house alarm beside me going off for nearly 6 hours last night ... could hardly get to sleep , while the neighbour is away oblivious to the irratation he or she is causing ... and the non existent burglar is asleep in mountjoy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭exCrumlinBoyo

Things that piss me off not necessarily are any order.

People who do not know how to drive and do not know how to use their indicators. They think they own the bleeding road. Sometimes I will punch their heads in.

People with no manners! Saying thank you and please costs nothing. My 3 year old uses it more than a lot of adults.

Pessimistic people who do nothing but complain about how ****ty their life is and how much a bunch of crap it is. Well instead of putting all that energy into it by saying how **** it is, actually get up of your arse and go talk to that bird you love or go visit the arse hole of Bangladesh since you yearn it. You and only you have control of your life so do something about it.

When my missus tells me something that means the complete opposite of what she actually means and then gets pissed at me. What is with that ****? Mystic Meg is my new name as a matter of fact.

I hate that life, unless you are rich is spent pay bills month after month, thinking about car payments, mortgage payments, Insurance (health, property and car ) premiums, the price of this and the price of that, life can be fcuking feeble at times with the amount of energy we spend consuming our selves with this part of it. What can you do? Make the best of it and pay the bills, such is life. You’re a slave to money then you die.. no fcuking truer saying.

I hate the huge boil I got on me arse at the end of last week. Thank god now its gone. Some squeezing, lots of alcohol (rubbing) and bobs your uncle , brand new. I could not sit the fcuk down on Friday it was so painfull, today I am brand new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

ok, i have a new boss who keeps changing my hours without telling me...then she wonders why i dont turn up when i should..
    so today i left a few hours early...i'm getting paid as we speak..until half 4....fu(k her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

You know the ones I mean, perfectly able-bodied people who refuse to walk properly on a crowded footpath. They're in front of you, dawdling along, and you move to the right to overtake them. Then they move to the right and block your path. So you move to the left and then they move to the left to block you again, all the time without them ever realising you're behind them.
    I've resorted to shouldering them as I finally get past them, so I'll probably get into a fight soon. I don't care, bring it on!!! GET OUT OF MY FUKKING WAY!!! ASSHOLES!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

**** that intonate up at the end of every f*cking sentence....jesus you deserve your tongues cut out of your damn heads. You are not australian, you are not from south california....you're f*cking Irish; speak like you are
    Since I too speak english as a first language, I understand what you're saying perfectly well and don't require you to speak every sentence with that little vocal question mark at the end.
    Are young Irish adults really that unsure of themselves that they can't communicate something with some conviction?

I know there's plenty of you here reading this that do exactly what I'm talking about....it doesn't make you cool or trendy...it just makes you look thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

grrr.ive art homework due in tomorow and i havent done it!grr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Our real estate agent has my head wrecked with questions, stupid house buying. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Homework, homework, homework.... when will it ever end? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Homework, homework, homework.... when will it ever end? :(

When you leave school dude.... ! :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Owning a property sucks ass. It means your responsible for everything that goes wrong, even when it isn't your fault.

Lectures suck too.

I wish I was asleep right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Eircom's bloody twat they have as the automated system wrecks my head!!!!!! :mad: If anybody knows who he is, let me know and I'll go get my hidden sniper rifle!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Went playing a match of indoor soccor yesterday. My right foot started hurting but i kept on going until the end. Somehow a lot of skin got torn off the bottom of my foot and I can't walk with the pain. The five minute walk to college took twenty minutes. :/
    Also, it is not fun to have to remove layers of skin from your foot, I suggest biting something so you don't scream. Bring on next mondays match...

No house phone and no mobile credit is a bad combination when you need to get in touch with email-allergic, previous employers for a reference asap. :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I hate people who are "Breast aware". Its the stupidest most annoying thing to have on the back of a car since the jesus fish.

I also hate Novenas. Particularly solemn novenas. They sound like a great ****ing laugh don't they? Hey, Priestie, people dont like going to church anymore, maybe we should spice up the mass a little, you know, attract more folks? "Sure, I know, lets make em longer, and solemner... Doesnt everyone love long and solemn?"
    I hate people who leave their mobile phones turned on in the cinema. (And also accidentally going to the cinema on scumbag day, why does this always happen to me?) And people who drive and use their mobile at the same time. I ****ing hate them.

I hate the fact that on sky digital, all the tv channels have a different volume level. And all the ads have a different volume level again on each individual channel. That barry scott cnut nearly had me hitting the ceiling last night he was roaring so loud.

And finally, for now, and most emphatically, I hate unicorns. And people who like unicorns / believe in unicorns / have an altar to unicorns somewhere in their private space.

Giles wrote:
    When you leave school dude.... ! :p

haha ... yesh. But that won't be for awhile. I was up early this morning just to finish what I couldn't finish last night. :rolleyes: Craziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

cant stand people eating crisps or smelly sandwiches on buses, its horrible to say the least.

Trilla wrote:
    cant stand people eating crisps or smelly sandwiches on buses, its horrible to say the least.

that problem here is easily solved: we're not allowed to eat on buses. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I have an FYP proposal to write for the fourteenth, and I haven't got a clue what I want to do for it yet. Any ideas I do get are either rubbish, or likely to be rejected.

Also, the damned college is giving me the run around. Owing to having to repeat a subject last year, most of the subjects I am supposed to be doing are on a two year rotation, and all ran last year. I'm waiting nearly two weeks for anyone to get back to me with possible options.

This means that a) I have to go back again next year (last year should have been just that), b) I only have a short number of hours per week, and c) my timetable is all over the place. Four hour gaps in the middle of a Tuesday? Piss off...

Advertisement