Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

It is not good and I can't see it, if we are getting into a dog fight with them.

Personally I wouldn't get too worried if we do. Mayo have an awful habit of playing just a bit better than the opposition in the early parts of the season. Factoring in the truncated pre-season too, I wouldn't be surprised if they're not firing on all cylinders yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭HBC08

Ah I don't know, you have to think that Mayo will have way too much for Clare and pull away. It is not good and I can't see it, if we are getting into a dog fight with them.

I think we will have too much for them but can also see us getting into a dog fight with them.
    Any team can score 2-3 goals against us,Clare have some excellent forwards.
    I just want to get it done and dusted,I'm nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 The Supporter

I sincerely hope that Mayo bring their A Game to Ennis. Clare have not conceded a goal in their last three games. Thomas O Se in the Independent today "Clare are one of the smartest teams I’ve seen defensively this year, but they’re not slaves to it. Colm Collins has just struck a lovely balance." We have conceded five goals in our last three games which is a big worry. Clare have defeated Laois and have gone to Newbridge and won there, Cork needed to win by three points last Sunday but Clare kept them to a one point win. Collins expects Podge Collins and Jamie Malone to be available which will further strengthen the Clare forward line. Clare have two very good forwards in David Tubridy and Eoin Cleary who seldom miss a free. Heard Collins on Newstalk, said he was delighted game was in Ennis and was talking up Mayo. Remember we were very lucky to come out of Mullingar with a win (Robbie had to make a great save near the end of the game). Any complacency by Mayo on Sunday week, then Clare will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

I sincerely hope that Mayo bring their A Game to Ennis. Clare have not conceded a goal in their last three games. Thomas O Se in the Independent today "Clare are one of the smartest teams I’ve seen defensively this year, but they’re not slaves to it. Colm Collins has just struck a lovely balance." We have conceded five goals in our last three games which is a big worry. Clare have defeated Laois and have gone to Newbridge and won there, Cork needed to win by three points last Sunday but Clare kept them to a one point win. Collins expects Podge Collins and Jamie Malone to be available which will further strengthen the Clare forward line. Clare have two very good forwards in David Tubridy and Eoin Cleary who seldom miss a free. Heard Collins on Newstalk, said he was delighted game was in Ennis and was talking up Mayo. Remember we were very lucky to come out of Mullingar with a win (Robbie had to make a great save near the end of the game). Any complacency by Mayo on Sunday week, then Clare will win.

theres no fear of ye.....:pac: , we probably are on the same level as westmeath but we create less goal chances and in fairness the goal that kept westmeath in the game that day was a bit of a pox

we have had a few stubberon battles with kerry in the park in the last few years we even kicked 17 points in killarney one year ,on the way out an oul kerry lad said to me after ' jasus tyrone nor cork would have done the same ,
    we met them in croke park later in the year and they hammered us

ye will be fine dont worry we have good players in our starting 15 but we dont have the same on the bench , ye do that should be the diffrence

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Patchin

I'd love it if we'd beat ye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

I dont recall any James Horan Mayo team doing complacency.

Clare have already achieved their league objective of retaining Div 2 status. Clare will need to score goals and not concede any themselves to just keep this match on Sunday competitive. Mayo by at least 6 points should be the winning margin.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Came across this late last night, wasn't aware of the man but his achievements as an athlete and then coach is unprecedented and his recognition at the highest level in the US shows what they thought of him.

His sisters grandson is current squad member James Carr. Going by the goal in Limerick it makes sense where he gets his running ability.

Really worth the watch and if he had had a season with a group of our players it would have interesting to see how his mindset could have been applied.
    RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Panrich

Thanks for that. A very interesting piece and amazing that someone so celebrated as a coach is so little known to most of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

Team

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Here's the bench

Rory Byrne
    Colm Boyle
    Eoin O Donoghue
    Conor O Shea
    Aidan O Shea
    Kevin McLaughlin
    Eoghan McLaughlin
    Jordan Flynn
    Fionn McDonagh
    Paul Towey
    James Carr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

seligehgit wrote: »
    Here's the bench

Rory Byrne
    Colm Boyle
    Eoin O Donoghue
    Conor O Shea
    Aidan O Shea
    Kevin McLaughlin
    Eoghan McLaughlin
    Jordan Flynn
    Fionn McDonagh
    Paul Towey
    James Carr

Strong bench
    Two will probably start from that . Good to see Eoin O Donoghue is back in contention now
    Conor O Shea seems to be in all the panels but not getting any game time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Good to see Conor O Shea back in the fold. He earned it with his club form

km79 wrote: »
    Strong bench
    Two will probably start from that . Good to see Eoin O Donoghue is back in contention now
    Conor O Shea seems to be in all the panels but not getting any game time ?

No game thus far.

Don't recall his presence on the bench the last day?

Good day out for John Maughan.

Offaly have been promoted to division 2.

No game thus far.

Don't recall his presence on the bench the last day?

Good day out for John Maughan.

Offaly have been promoted to division 2.

He was on the bench the last day alright I think

Aido and Kevin mc start in place of McHale and boland
    Two changes to the bench as well Conor Loftus and Jack Carney replacing Conor O’Shea and Fionn McDonagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Really looking forward to this.

Aidan very lucky to get a free there. He took an awful lot out of ball.

But we'll take it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Aidan very lucky to get a free there. He took an awful lot out of ball.

But we'll take it.:D

Only early but playing too much ball OShea way. The running game has been excellent in the league so far, need to keep using it.

No black?

Excellent contest thus far.

Leeroy is flying,ditto Tommy Conroy.

Ní fhaca mé cad a tharla do Diarmuid?

• Advertisement

Kevin mc showing his importance today

No black ? The inconsistency is what drives people mad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

No black?

Wife saying the same here, it's either cynical or it's not, and if peno awarded should black follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

What happened Diarmuid?

Horan ball is in full effect today
    Great game !

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Kevin mc showing his importance today

He's flying to be fair

Great to see the pace in the team.

Bodes very well for the future.

Ryan O Donoghue performing very well yet again.

We could have the game put to bed with the goal chances we have had. The speed of attack is great to watch.

The persistence with water breaks is ludicrous
    It’s nearly 30 degrees at Wembley and the halves are 10 minutes longer and there won’t be any

That point/goal chance courtesy of Cillian exemplifies his quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Blackjack

No black ? The inconsistency is what drives people mad

That’s the biggest issue I have with this rule. An identical scenario would have attracted a black in another game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement