Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

To be fair paddy you’ve been here just as long and trying to downplay and laugh off the whole thing as a nothing.

And look where bailey is now.

The DLRD branch made their decision and the executive accepted it. That's democracy. Happy to see the back of MB to be honest.

FG can draw a line under this. They'll likely get a nice boost in the polls for demonstrating that they can deal with things like this internally.

The largest party in the country continues to sell well with the people.

The message of the shinners and whingers is not resonating with Joe Public.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

So the alternative is vote FG again? Why ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

The DLRD branch made their decision and the executive accepted it. That's democracy. Happy to see the back of MB to be honest.

FG can draw a line under this. They'll likely get a nice boost in the polls for demonstrating that they can deal with things like this internally.

Well that definitely a take. A funny one.

FG didn’t deal with it at all. They ignored it and then tried to bury it.

That’s not a good look to the party.

And no the public aren’t happy with them at all.

And you’ve just said that anyone who isn’t buying your line is a shinner and a whinger

It being Saturday night I guess you’re an entry level young FG member given control of the spin desk for the night. Am I right?

Make sure today some dinner if you’re gonna be there all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

I think you are deluded. FG are marginally ahead of FF. The housing situation remains dire as does health and insurance . Best of luck canvassing with that.
    I do agree with you on whinging independents. Effectively useless

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Seeing that it took them so long to do what needed to be done will the boost be in the election after the next one or even further down the road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

It’s a.topic that didn’t go away and FGs trying to bury it and ignore it has backfired in spectacular fashion.

It’s not a focus on one td. This is going to hurt them and badly in this coming election.

I'm not sure they tried to bury it. i think Bailey made an absolute mess of the whole thing herself, including the last few days and subsequent dismissal. If it was a witch hunt and the press going after her Madigan should go down with her. In fact I think Madigan should be gone more so, Bailey is thick, she took bad advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Honestly now, I really don't know whether you actually believe this stuff or whether you're just that out of touch with the mood of the public on this and many other core issues that have gotten worse under FG's "leadership" in the last 9 years.

I seem to recall you saying that FG were drawing a line under this issue before and yet here we are. Equally ridiculous is the nonsensical idea that anyone who has an issue with FG or its representatives is a "shinner" or a "whinger".

You haven't a notion what Joe Public wants mate. It's certainly not more arrogant hypocrisy and corruption from FG - as I've said many times here, all FG are really good for in the final analysis is reminding us that they're worse than FF (which is why they ALWAYS - just as they have this time - make them electable again)

All you're ACTUALLY achieving with posts like the above, is proving the point.

Sell well with the people you said.

This is going to haunt him to the rest of his political career. Not that it will bother him personally at all. We know it won’t.

But statements like these are exactly why FG have ruined the country in a whole new way that we won’t recover from.

https://twitter.com/thejournal_ie/status/1195766250934284288?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I'm not sure they tried to bury it. i think Bailey made an absolute mess of the whole thing herself, including the last few days and subsequent dismissal. If it was a witch hunt and the press going after her Madigan should go down with her. In fact I think Madigan should be gone more so, Bailey is thick, she took bad advice

She isn’t thick - she is very savvy but arrogant - she didn’t get bad advice - she lied on legal documents and then signed them.

Do not make excuses for greed and arrogance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

She isn’t thick - she is very savvy but arrogant - she didn’t get bad advice - she lied on legal documents and then signed them.

Do not make excuses for greed and arrogance

And it’s a disgrace if she gets elected!

She’s gone good riddance, get over it move on , we’ve all made mistakes we have to live with !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

And it’s a disgrace if she gets elected!

Corrupt politicians often top the poll in Ireland, always have, lots of people secretly love them as it reminds them of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Honestly now, I really don't know whether you actually believe this stuff or whether you're just that out of touch with the mood of the public on this and many other core issues that have gotten worse under FG's "leadership" in the last 9 years.

I seem to recall you saying that FG were drawing a line under this issue before and yet here we are. Equally ridiculous is the nonsensical idea that anyone who has an issue with FG or its representatives is a "shinner" or a "whinger".

You haven't a notion what Joe Public wants mate. It's certainly not more arrogant hypocrisy and corruption from FG - as I've said many times here, all FG are really good for in the final analysis is reminding us that they're worse than FF (which is why they ALWAYS - just as they have this time - make them electable again)

All you're ACTUALLY achieving with posts like the above, is proving the point.

Talking rubbish as usual.

You make out like FG are hated up and down the country. Au contraire. They are the most popular party in the country. More voters like FG than any other party. People value steady and reasoned policies. They also transfer extremely well.

Here's how things are going to play out.

MB story is more or less done now. Old news. Leo and Simon will do a great job with brexit in the new year. They'll continue to rise in the polls. There'll be an election called in late March. Michael Martin will be shown for the slippery populist he is. FG will be the largest party. Reduced number of TDs but will form a coalition with the greens, Labour and independents.

FG aren't going anywhere. No matter how much you bluster.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,051 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

MB story is more or less done now. Old news. .

Don't ever sign up for the party strategist job anyhow...you were saying the above in May! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Talking rubbish as usual.

You make out like FG are hated up and down the country. Au contraire. They are the most popular party in the country. More voters like FG than any other party. People value steady and reasoned policies. They also transfer extremely well.

Here's how things are going to play out.

MB story is more or less done now. Old news. Leo and Simon will do a great job with brexit in the new year. They'll continue to rise in the polls. There'll be an election called in late March. Michael Martin will be shown for the slippery populist he is. FG will be the largest party. Reduced number of TDs but will form a coalition with the greens, Labour and independents.

FG aren't going anywhere. No matter how much you bluster.

I remember your prediction that the MB story would be a footnote come the Summer, I'd be inclined to ignore your predictions of the future tbh .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Well that definitely a take. A funny one.

FG didn’t deal with it at all. They ignored it and then tried to bury it.

That’s not a good look to the party.

And no the public aren’t happy with them at all.

And you’ve just said that anyone who isn’t buying your line is a shinner and a whinger

It being Saturday night I guess you’re an entry level young FG member given control of the spin desk for the night. Am I right?

Make sure today some dinner if you’re gonna be there all night.

OP, ignore this paddy. Either he or his 2 amigos adopted the same ‘you’re a fger or a shinner’ BS on the closed thread.

They were at least part of the reason the other thread was shut down. Let’s NOT give them the same ammunition to get this one closed also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You've been banging this paranoid fantasist drum for months now. Surely it's some elaborate wind up??

Nothing is "coming out" Johnny! Haha. Get a grip and stop obsessing over this.

Let's recap shall we.

I predicted pretty much from day one that this would cost bailey her seat, I also said the attempted burial of the report would come back to bite Leo, and Maria in the arse.

My next prediction is that this could also ultimately cost Josepha Madigan her position in cabinet and her seat come election time.

You said repeatedly, and are still trying to proclaim that the story was a non story that will be having a line drawn under it and they'll all move on.

You started this in May might I add. :D

Any day now Paddy

Any day.....

You're pretty much the worst shill ever.

3/10 from Mr Dogs I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I could not give a **** if he was straight, gay, black, white or any religion
    But Varadkar is the worst head of state we ever had

I could not give a **** if he was straight, gay, black, white or any religion
    But Varadkar is the worst head of state we ever had

Not entirely true.
    He’s doing an incredible and perfect job for the banks vulture funds and investors. He’s doing exactly what they need him to do.

So he’s a perfect puppet.
    He is an awful Taoiseach though for sure in terms of looking after and actually leading our country.

Only reason he and Simon have done so well on brexit is they’re under the dictat of all the aforementioned vulture funds and banks and investors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Bailey is thick, she took bad advice.

Bailey is greedy, and had a friend with no moral compass send in paperwork to instigate a compensation claim with no merit.

Not only that hat, when the story broke, she doubled down instead of holding her hands up. Let's not mention the radio interview.

Do you realise these people are tasked with running our country, while we are at work and paying our taxes and contributing. These politicians are supposed to take that tax money and make the best use of it for the people of Ireland. Instead what we have is a situation where some of them are just in it to line their own pockets and don't give 2 fcuks how they do it.

Not entirely true.
    He’s doing an incredible and perfect job for the banks vulture funds and investors. He’s doing exactly what they need him to do.

So he’s a perfect puppet.
    He is an awful Taoiseach though for sure in terms of looking after and actually leading our country.

Only reason he and Simon have done so well on brexit is they’re under the dictat of all the aforementioned vulture funds and banks and investors.

Leo, ah come on, be reasonable, he likes cycling and keep fit, has nice socks, goes jogging with Justin Trudeau, and has big birthday parties, that's all that matters.

• Advertisement

high_king wrote: »
    Leo, ah come on, be reasonable, he likes cycling and keep fit, has nice socks, goes jogging with Justin Trudeau, and has big birthday parties, that's all that matters.

You missed something.

Really cynically he’s goes out to pantibar and Bernard Shaw and random gigs regularly cos he’s ‘man of the people’.

100% he’s allowed a private life. And should have one.

His are always photo ops though. That appear on his official accounts soon after. That politics I guess.

He may as well put up pics of him kissing a a sick calf in Leitrim.

Nobody is buying it.

Nobody is buying it.

Plenty are, including our "trustworthy" "impartial" media of course

Plenty are, including our "trustworthy" "impartial" media of course

Maybe you live overseas. (Haha)

The media aren’t buying it at all.

There’s a newspaper called the Irish independent been gunning for him all year.

I’ll leave you to google that.

There’s a newspaper called the Irish independent been gunning for him all year.

I’ll leave you to google that.

you call that criticism ? lol

you call that criticism ? lol

You criticized the Irish times earlier.

Now you’re going for the independent.

Please wise mage.

Share with us your go to wisdom for analysis and criticism of our current government

I have a feeling it’s the liberal.ie but I’ll spare you the embarrassment and just throw it out there

You criticized the Irish times earlier.

Now you’re going for the independent.

Where did I criticise the Irish times, you wouldn't be telling yet more porkies would you ? Post it.

Where did I criticise the Irish times, you wouldn't be telling yet more porkies would you ? Post it.

You said ‘Irish times? Lol!’

If it wasn’t you I apologise. Yis all look the same with the constant complaining n all

You said ‘Irish times? Lol!’

If it wasn’t you I apologise. Yis all look the same with the constant complaining n all

You getting caught out making false allegations is your problem not ours.

You getting caught out making false allegations is your problem not ours.

Ours?

Who is ‘ours’?

• Advertisement

Ours?

Who is ‘ours’?

All the people you are moaning about, short memory haven't you ?
    Ours?
    Yis all look the same with the constant complaining n all

Advertisement