Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Light Snowfall possible for east

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Parts of N11 even going white now near foxrock

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

when I saw the radar bubbling up nicely this morning, I was surprised how much met eireann downplayed this in this mornings forecasts....by any accounts this is outbreaks of snow in Dublin 18, leading to accumulations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

All the winter is over posters are gone very quiet:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Moderate snow - big flakes. 1.2c DP 0.0c atm.

Slushy accumulation on grass, cars and roofs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

inabina wrote: »
    when I saw the radar bubbling up nicely this morning, I was surprised how much met eireann downplayed this in this mornings forecasts....by any accounts this is outbreaks of snow in Dublin 18, leading to accumulations.

They issued this at 11 a.m in fairness

National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

Snow-ice Warning for Leinster

Scattered snow showers over Leinster with a risk of accumulations up to a few centimetres locally.
    Issued:
    23 February 2013 11:00
    Valid:
    23 February 2013 11:00 to 24 February 2013 12:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Anyone going to 'call' winter now?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Yes fair enough. I should have said at 755 forecast they spoke of isolated wintry showers and I was surprised given the build of activity in the radar. I think I would call this more than showers now though, we have had precipitation for the last few hours. outbreaks! Not intended to be ME bashing, just commenting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭compsys

inabina wrote: »
    Yes fair enough. I should have said at 755 forecast they spoke of isolated wintry showers and I was surprised given the build of activity in the radar. I think I would call this more than showers now though, we have had precipitation for the last few hours. outbreaks! Not intended to be ME bashing, just commenting

Forecasting likely snow in these types of situations can often be a 'nowcast' situation. In fairness, the snow's not THAT heavy. We just think it is because we've seen so little all winter. Admittedly it is more than just showers but it's still pretty light.

There'll be very little accumulation at lower levels.

I think Met E's forecast has been pretty good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

proper snow falling here now, looks very nice, first dry organised snow Ive seen fall since winter 2010 even if it is much ligher than 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Lots of heavy precipitation moving west from Beflast over Mid Ulster, keep coming this way my precious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Moderate snow now again with approx. 25% big flakes : 75% powder snow.

Everything turning more white now, than slushy white before.

1.0c DP -0.2c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Fairly heavy snow in Leixlip and starting to stick,looking good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Frustrating beyond words in Wexford. Precip ha no problem penetrating inland anywhere else apart from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A little more persistent light snow in D15 now, no sign of it sticking on any surface yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Rougies

compsys wrote: »
    I think Met E's forecast has been pretty good.

In fairness it was miles off. This..
    242331.jpg
    .. was not forecast in the slightest. Then again nobody expected more than some snizzle showers, so I don;t blame them for not getting this one right.

It's pretty amazing considering the pressure is around 1024. I don;t know where all the precip is coming from. Was just up around Sandyford and it's a whiteout! I think some places will see more than just a couple of cms.

Been coming down moderately here for the past hour, not sticking (yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Snowing a good bit in Naas. Not sticking sadly. It is currently 2.1c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snow still too light to stick here, surprised nobody has posted a picture of lying snow in south dublin/wicklow yet.

Heavy fine powder snow/snizzle now. Really starting to coat everything including the roads.

0.8c DP -0.2c atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Still pretty light here (Milltown D14), a mix of sleet & snow, but getting thicker. It's still 2.2°C according to my thermometer and nothing is sticking.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »
    snow still too light to stick here, surprised nobody has posted a picture of lying snow in south dublin/wicklow yet.

There are some in the ramping thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Still practically nothing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Been consistently snowing in dublin 18 the past couple of hours. All white outside. Didn't expect this much snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Snow stopped in rathdrum, grass and car roofs white, but sky has brightened:(

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Light snizzle shower atm in Waterford city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Still moderate snow here, temperature continuing to fall. A bit more and it might start to stick properly. 1.2C/-0.0C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

The snow is so very light in Malahide, not a hope of it sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Everything starting to go white in Dublin 16....it has been pretty wet stuff all day.

Are we expecting this to be down for the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Well we're quite happy today. Lovely feeling of winter. Kids gone out to play and it's still falling although lighter now. Sky still very heavy. Hubby gone to Foxrock and he says its much lighter but roads bad around this area. Some photos as promised to whet the appetite!!

Pics as proof here, still only graupel-y bits are sticking for any length though the flakes melt away quickly

Temp/dewpoint now at 1.1C/-0.1C

242343.JPG

242344.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

total whiteout here now, wet snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

About an inch now in Stepaside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Snow stopped in rathdrum, grass and car roofs white, but sky has brightened:(

Strike that, snowing harder now after than before mmm:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Nothing here in Waterford. Any chance we'll get any.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

200motels wrote: »
    Nothing here in Waterford. Any chance we'll get any.[/QUOTE

In one word "no".

You are probably in the worst place in Ireland for snow (its up there with parts of Cork). Move north east ! :D

D

derekon wrote: »
    200motels wrote: »
    Nothing here in Waterford. Any chance we'll get any.[/QUOTE

In one word "no".

You are probably in the worst place in Ireland for snow (its up there with parts of Cork). Move north east ! :D

D

Dont know if you're serious Derek but if you think Waterford is the worst place in Ireland for snow then you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Just going the right side of marginal now 1.0C/-0.0C
    Accumulating on all surfaces now
    242350.JPG

Dont know if you're serious Derek but if you think Waterford is the worst place in Ireland for snow then you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Hi Jerry , the reply was tongue in cheek.

Anyone asking if snow is going to fall where they are is always in danger of someone smart arse turning around and saying no.

The smart arse is me today, slightly mischievous I know :D

Anway Jerry, out of curiosity where do you think is the worst location for snowfall in Ireland ?

D

Hi Jerry , the reply was tongue in cheek.

Anyone asking if snow is going to fall where they are is always in danger of someone smart arse turning around and saying no.

The smart arse is me today, slightly mischievous I know :D

Anway Jerry, out of curiosity where do you think is the worst location for snowfall in Ireland ?

D

Valentia ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭arctictree

+0.5c here. Light snow. Good covering in the garden but still bits of grass showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Valentia ;)

I'd say sherkin :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Absolutely Nothing here in North Meath, even though Met Eireann and Raintoday both forecast us with precipitation at stages during the day especially The 4 o'clock charts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Precip will mostly be now casting. Check raintoday.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Bigger flakes but still very light

Valentia ;)

Great minds think alike Jerry, I would have said the same! :)

D

One last photo, it's like a winter wonderland out there now! 0.8C/-0.2C
    242356.JPG

Starting to see some flakes now. Not covering anything yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭Mr Bumble

More like it now........

Ok. Giddy now. Getting a tad heavier and starting to settle on the car.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

A half an hour of clear skies for roads to recover in Sandyford, now really big flakes lightly falling again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

An arc of precipitation over county wexford, Ah well.. That's it for here I'd say

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement