Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Went to sit on my bed to meditate, its my lockdown survival tool.

As the intro music starts, the front door slams, as the breathing section starts someone starts with some kind of strimmer, another count of 4.2.4 and someone lets their kids out to scream at each other.

On to the visualization, dog barrels onto the bed and starts to shake(he's scared of the bigger birds landing on the roof), in an attempt to salvage the meditation and calm the dog, I do more breathing and he does some kind of wet clicking noise with his mouth.

Why,why,why is the world so determined to stop me doing the things I need to so I dont have a meltdown or commit murder.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TA, Im so freaking homesick this week for no reason I can think of.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Bredabe wrote: »
    Went to sit on my bed to meditate, its my lockdown survival tool.

As the intro music starts, the front door slams, as the breathing section starts someone starts with some kind of strimmer, another count of 4.2.4 and someone lets their kids out to scream at each other.

On to the visualization, dog barrels onto the bed and starts to shake(he's scared of the bigger birds landing on the roof), in an attempt to salvage the meditation and calm the dog, I do more breathing and he does some kind of wet clicking noise with his mouth.

Why,why,why is the world so determined to stop me doing the things I need to so I dont have a meltdown or commit murder.

If you give annoying noises like that permission to be there, sometimes they sort of go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I completely get that one, B.
    Sometimes I can't think with so many distractions...by the time I get the uninterrupted peace I need, my mind has been fried and I cant summon the things I wanted to contemplate (or say to people I've kept waiting)

TA at the sight of half-wits in Michigan on the news, protesting the lockdown because they're Christians or something ridiculous like that.

Just STFU and be sensible, ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

"Hi I think grass is green and the sky is blue :) "

"Please provide your source and 5 peer reviewed studies"

There are a few on boards who will reply like this or similar sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I don't know, and never will, what SheroN's post from 16 years ago is about .
    The first reply was something about shaving his balls or cutting them off ;o
    If boards are going to transport me back in time every time I click on then at least let me read the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Savecoronabeer

Due to the crisis I have been online dating more than usual. Jesus christ the amount of insta huns using it as a platform to advertise themselves... I think they should be banned from linking it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,435 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Due to the crisis I have been online dating more than usual. Jesus christ the amount of insta huns using it as a platform to advertise themselves... I think they should be banned from linking it!

Insta huns ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Insta huns ????

Women who think MUA goes with their names because they once did their little sisters communion makeup.
    Or wannabe influencers who think we should give a flying shíte about their take on a new Boohoo dress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Women who think MUA goes with their names because they once did their little sisters communion makeup.
    Or wannabe influencers who think we should give a flying shíte about their take on a new Boohoo dress.

I thought I got what Insta huns was, now I am even more confused.

Thank fcuk I am not a young person wrapped up in this social media world.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

MUA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    MUA?

Make Up Artist

And I'm older than a lot here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,435 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    MUA?

IDK

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

IDK

Acronyms I don't understand trivially annoy me. Or people who use someone's initials as short hand and then I need to figure out who it is.

IDK

WTF

:P

ABC

all this txt spk feels lyk I am on xtc

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

WTF!

(That's what was missing!)

EDIT: DAMMIT, TED!!! :mad:

New Home wrote: »
    WTF!

(That's what was missing!)

EDIT: DAMMIT, TED!!! :mad:

Put new batteries in there Newie.

TA I always have a stash of the wrong batteries.

If I need AA, I have 400 AAA size & visa-versa.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Put new batteries in there Newie.

TA I always have a stash of the wrong batteries.

If I need AA, I have 400 AAA size & visa-versa.

Screws on battery doors. Most stupid invention in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Savecoronabeer

Insta huns ????

Most women on online dating apps are just there to get instagram followers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

My brain is fried from doing a complete donkeys hole of an assignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've just realised that what's annoying me recently is people (usually here) who need to see telly programmes as soon as they come out, as in, the same day. They'll use proxies, relations in America, whatever but they need to see it!

"Eh, wait 3 or 8 days and it'll be on Sky or BBC or even RTÉ".

But they've seen it before you have! *Smug*

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

No physiotherapists working (outside of hospitals).
    Had this problem since a fall a couple of months ago. Phoned my physio and he diagnosed a Post Traumatic Frozen Shoulder - but he can't put his healing hands on me.

More than trivial : recovery time can be anywhere between 6months and 3 fcuking years.

Fcuk this fcuking frozen shoulder.
    And fcuk age related physiological fcuk ups!
    Another one for the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

People who don't understand what it is like to be genuinely short sighted, but pretend they do. I am minus six. This basically means that if I don't wear corrective lenses, I will not see the bus until it has actually hit me. It's bad.

My mother on the other hand has had perfect vision all her life. She thinks now because she is on a bit and has some age-related macular degeneration that she can empathise with me. Er - No! I've been basically on the downward in terms of vision since I was 11. I've battled with contacts, cleaning solution, glasses etc. for 2 decades. But there she is, "oh I know, it's terrible when your sight starts to go isn't it". Hmmm... You need your glasses to read fine print. It is NOT the same. The fact that she can waltz into any pharmacy and pick up a pair of +5 cheapy glasses for a few euro kind of says it all. My prescription is so strong that I pay extra just to get the lenses shaved down :pac:

TA how dare she :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA’d at myself. Moving on from my ex, relationships wise, seeing someone now who I’m happy with so far, seems to be going really well and he seems genuinely mad about me. But I know my ex wants me back and I’m worried about how he’s going to react if he finds out that I’m getting serious about someone else. Whyyyyy do I have to care? I’m too nice for my own good sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

cj maxx wrote: »
    Add to that shower curtains and mop heads

Mop heads! My arch nemesis. Toothbrushes too. Buy a new one scumbag. ..that one's 3 years old and the bristles look like Simon Cowels hair!

Ta'd that such trivial things really annoy me and make me wanna kill someone 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

One of the lights on my car is brighter than the other

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The faceache after days of clenching my jaws to hold my tongue while dealing with stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

The madra is ill and had to be admitted to the vet today for two procedures. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Why does everyone persist in chopping onions every time I watch "My Girl"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement