Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

My thoughts on the 19b are on page 104. I love the thing. If you want to be absolutely sure the mods works out of the box, spend the extra 15 or so for the natural.

The 20 as far as I know is just a matter of putting in a new spring and youre all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I havent done a dual coil but with a mech mod I imagine you would need 2 x 2ohm coils or even lower. That would be a 1ohm dual coil and about 8 watts from each coil at 4v.
    A 1.5ohm dual coil at would be 2 x 3ohm coils and only give about 5 watts per coil at 4v.
    Only a mech mod will handle ohms that low unless you get a vv with a dna chip or something.
    But you should be able to get the same effect with higher volts and higher ohms, really high volts :-)
    grindle wrote: »
    Every vaper should have this bookmarked. Cerealously.

The Evic is truly far beyond pointless for a dual coil.
    For a Zmax you need to build a 1.5ohm dual coil (two 3ohm coils in parallel) and fire at 4.8v or set to 15watts to get the most you'll get out of a single 18650 setup.
    If you have paired 18350s to stack with the Zmax you can hit higher watts in voltage mode (25w+)

Sweet spot for duals (for me) is the 16-20watt range (sweets lower, tobaccos higher).

Why 4.8v, why not set it to 6? So I had a 1.3 ohm dual coil on the Zmax, set it to 6V and could only barely get a glow after 4 or 5 seconds.

If I'm after more power (up towards 30W as mentioned above) what's the best way to get it, would the Sig 19b do the job?

How do you power your dual coil set ups grindle/mr chrome?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I dont, havent made a dual coil yet, only dc cartos.Im sure their great but i never felt the need to smoke 2 fags at once :-) pretty happy with single coils for now, but if I did I would use a mech mod.

A 1.3ohm dc at 6v would be 27watts. No way the zmax can handle that so it must be regulating the power down, way down.

What Grindle said..1.5ohm and 4.8v =15watts, because 15 watts is the limit of the zmax or stack 2 350 batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

El Toro are offering sample sizes from there website, I knew few people have asked for this before as ESI is currently only stocking large bottles.

http://www.houseofliquid.com/product-p/samples3.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Does anybody offer an 18/19mm SS short/normal carto tank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

Does anybody offer an 18/19mm SS short/normal carto tank?

I don't have figures but I'm wondering if the Prive tank is around that size. If you look at the photos here --> http://www.vapistsvapourizers.co.uk/-Prive_Tank_by_Kir_fanis/p1436124_7653631.aspx it appears to be maybe 3 or 4mm narrower that a Provari (which I am assuming is 22mm or thereabouts).

Ionised wrote: »
    I don't have figures but I'm wondering if the Prive tank is around that size. If you look at the photos here --> http://www.vapistsvapourizers.co.uk/-Prive_Tank_by_Kir_fanis/p1436124_7653631.aspx it appears to be maybe 3 or 4mm narrower that a Provari (which I am assuming is 22mm or thereabouts).

Looks about right but really wanted just a straight tank. It must be out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

Ibtanked can make you one its in the us but the shipping is low priced

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

Fastech has italian cheese flavoured eliquid, the perfect partner for theyre wine flavoured eliquid a favourite for the discerning gastrovaper

rui1000 wrote: »
    Ibtanked can make you one its in the us but the shipping is low priced

nice one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

rickyjb wrote: »
    Why 4.8v, why not set it to 6? So I had a 1.3 ohm dual coil on the Zmax, set it to 6V and could only barely get a glow after 4 or 5 seconds.
    The single battery amp-limit of a Zmax is ~3.3A with a hard limit of 15watts so your low ohm set-up should've been limiting the Zmax to 4.2-4.3v no matter what voltage you set it to, hitting something like 14 watts - not too far but the final few watts are what make it.
    If I'm after more power (up towards 30W as mentioned above) what's the best way to get it, would the Sig 19b do the job?
    It would, but you need a good 18650 with it (no Trustfires or the like, get AW/eFest/MNKE). Two 1ohm coils = 0.5ohm dual-coil = 35watts on a fresh battery, levelling off to 27watts at 3.7v. You'd be pulling over 8A of current when fresh.
    How do you power your dual coil set ups grindle/mr chrome?
    I use Throathit's Twin 18650 from UKV, it has a 5A limit.. Was very stupid when I first started dual-coiling with it because I kept building to suit the spec thinking it was a 2.5A limit (he has that written on his little advert post for it) and as the battery depleted it kept making me think I was pushing that limit. Eventually I got LR wire and built lower ohm duals and it can fire the 0.9ohm I have at the moment at 4.4v which is 21 watts. A little too hot for me especially with the VC I have at the moment, but it'd be grand with a tobacco.
    It should be able to fire a 1.2ohm at 5.8v but I haven't the desire for that heat...yet. I might change my tune once I get this Chorge thingy and that massive hole takes the TH away. Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

jamie72 wrote: »
    El Toro are offering sample sizes from there website, I knew few people have asked for this before as ESI is currently only stocking large bottles.

http://www.houseofliquid.com/product-p/samples3.htm

Has anyone tried minotaur yet? Very tempted but have so many juices at the moment hard to justify 26 quid...

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Has anyone tried minotaur yet? Very tempted but have so many juices at the moment hard to justify 26 quid...
    "Created using a similar recipe and tobaccos like our Cigarillos with the addition of a number of strong spices. This liquid is red in colour like the great Bull's blood and mighty strong with full body taste. Like all our liquid tobaccos this juice is extremely addictive and matured for no less than 30 days in a new oak barrel. The result is a sleek, fine liquid with serious temper and attitude"

Pity there isn't a sample of this, especially since it can be ordered with zero nic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

matured for no less than 30 days in a new oak barrel.
    Cant see that getting a medical authorization!

BTW I read that description in Orson Welles voice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

If it goes down the route of having all these juices perscription based I'm gonna make my own! fcuk the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

Hal1 wrote: »
    If it goes down the route of having all these juices perscription based I'm gonna make my own! fcuk the police.

Lol. Fcuk the po-leece

I wonder would it be classed as a class A, B, or C drug?

Oh class A. Can see it now, scumbags peddling 10ml bottles of vampire kiss 12mg on street corners and a friend of a friends uncle claiming to have a good connection for a pro-tank full of El- Toro Eden but he never comes true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

If it gets banned, do people think it'll be really difficult to get your hands on bottles of nicotine (maybe by flying to the uk) or will it be nearly impossible?

Not difficult, just shadier. There are plenty of suppliers in China or on Silk Road who won't give a shít about labelling as essential oils or lubricant - g'luck to the postal service checking all those bottles.

The guy from ecigwizard seems to think it's impossible for them to ban high-mg nicotine, but I'm not sure why he's so certain. Maybe just because of the impressive investment in postal services that no government would ever pass and implement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Be grand sher, never been to the Portlaoise Butlins before. A life of benefit-scrounging, free housing, kids taken care of/away from me...
    Not sure why I didn't scobe the fück out sooner, sounds awesome.

Well I don't think it's ever gonna get to the stage where we have to worry about smuggling 100ml bottles into the country up our a•*~s anyway :)

redkid wrote: »
    Well I don't think it's ever gonna get to the stage where we have to worry about smuggling 100ml bottles into the country up our a•*~s anyway :)

Ya never know, its best to get some practice in now, just in case :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

And if asked where you got it from you can use the immortal "I pulled it out of my a*se" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I have just received my first ego-t with CE4 and it is wonderful. Ry-4 is lovely, can't wait to get stuck in to the other flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Quick question.

I got a CE4 Twin Kit from Vaperus. One of the batteries was faulty so they sent me out a replacement, the replacement one was bigger and doesn't have any eGO-T branding on it, no branding at all. Not really an issue though, the issue is that every time the original battery that came with the kit runs out of the juice and I hook up the same clearomizer to the fully charged replacement battery,but the taste feels different. It doesn't taste as good.

Could that be possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Quick question.

I got a CE4 Twin Kit from Vaperus. One of the batteries was faulty so they sent me out a replacement, the replacement one was bigger and doesn't have any eGO-T branding on it, no branding at all. Not really an issue though, the issue is that every time the original battery that came with the kit runs out of the juice and I hook up the same clearomizer to the fully charged replacement battery,but the taste feels different. It doesn't taste as good.

Could that be possible?

Is one battery a twist and the other not by any chance? Can you turn the base on one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

E. Fudd wrote: »
    Is one battery a twist and the other not by any chance? Can you turn the base on one of them?

No twisting. It looks exactly like the original I received, just longer and with no branding

260356.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Quick question.

Could that be possible?

If there isn't a logo on the bottom of the battery then you've received a non genuine battery - I'd ask for a real Joyetech instead as the knock off's are a lot cheaper.
    Be careful as the cheap generics have been known to be unsafe.

*edit* You may be getting a different taste because of a higher or lower voltage. The real Joyetech batteries also tend to last a lot longer than the copies.

Advertisement