Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Not sure what you mean superneat?

0.7ohm is 2x1.4ohm coils. It's creating as much heat as a single coil at 0.7ohm but the power is split equally between coils so it doesn't taste burnt or need to be over wicked like the SLR coils. 12.5watts per coil with SS = fine.

Depends on the capacity but 6amps is generally fine for 18650 IMRs (presuming it's an IMR you're using?).

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

grindle wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean superneat?

Had a backwards brain-fart there, I was thinking .7 was his resistance on each coil, never mind me, I'll go hide in a corner redface.png
    StickyIcky wrote: »
    Ok super I was only doing 2/3 wraps of .2 will add more. It was a bit hot to inhale. What should I aim for? I want massive massive vapour clouds.

Personally I like 1.2, but if all you want is clouds of vapour then get juice that's 100% VG.

A lot (not all) of those videos are using 100% VG even though they say they're not. I mean how can we prove otherwise?

I'm using a home made 50/50 mix of VC and even from a SR carto, the clouds I produce are crazy! Even better from the Igo or Killer (which I love btw).

You will lose the throathit from having no PG and the juice will be thick but to get around that, thin it with vodka, that will water it up a bit and give you a nice throathit too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

jamie72 wrote: »
    Same request from me. I really want to see how they perform compared to my T2. I'm using Puros in it at the moment and it's gunking up these silica heads like crazy.

Dude either drip that heavenly angel nipple juice or if using clearo's,use a Vision CE4 V3 or for the least amount of gunking try a 2.8ohm in a Vision Nova.Haven't used it in a carto yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

I got my first mech mod today. GP Paps 2.1.

Congrats Sticky-Sweet Mod:cool:

superneat wrote: »
    A lot (not all) of those videos are using 100% VG even though they say they're not. I mean how can we prove otherwise?

...and they widen their airholes to ginormous dimensions.
    ...and they all seem to be going the SLR route as well, reaching the 0.3s and 0.4s with twisted dual coils to boot (not recommended etc etc)

Sticky, some wise words from another forum: vape in front of a mirror or use a camera to see how much vapour's produced. From the vaper's perspective it seems like less than it is because it's heading away from us and dispersing. Caught myself unawares in a club recently and I thought my face was on fire.
    I]insert 'flaming' joke here[/I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

....or vape in a really cold room :-P

So I can stare at my nipples while I vape... I like your shtyle, Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

...and they widen their airholes to ginormous dimensions.
    ...and they all seem to be going the SLR route as well, reaching the 0.3s and 0.4s with twisted dual coils to boot (not recommended etc etc)

Sticky, some wise words from another forum: vape in front of a mirror or use a camera to see how much vapour's produced.

SLR route?

Yea I checked in front of a mirror :) Actually I was getting great vapour last night on one coil with a widened air hole.

Today I've been busy work and only breaking to browse boards and build one dual coil with my first mech mod. But will try out building some coils later, try to get the ohms a little higher. Might even try a drilling second hole beside the other coil and use some of my own pure VG juice. I wanna have one Igo-L purely for vapour production because it's fun to take things to the extreme. I'll get another unbutchered Igo-L later for sensible dripping.

Have to say I'm really liking dripping now I've worked out the kinks. Flaming the wick and wire and washing hands etc has really cleaned up the taste. As long as it doesn't get too dry and I don't chain vape I'm not getting silica taste anymore.

Look forward to the days when I'm advanced enough to build an SS/wick hybrid dripper.

SLR route?

Super Low Resistance: anything below 1.5 is classed as that because any lower could kill an eGo, but in my own head I'm looking at the 0.3/0.4ohm builds pumping out 40+ watts thinking "now THAT'S super-low". :eek:

Drill that second hole, it'll make up the bones of the difference as well as the VG.

On an unrelated note (avert thine eyes, shiny "original design" fans): Sigelei 'Matrix' ('Roller' clone)

Matrix_telescope_ecig_made_in_China_welcome.jpg

Not quite as beautiful, but it's 7x cheaper than a Roller (probably just 3/4x cheaper by the time it gets to a vendor in Ireland, but that's still cheeeeeeap).
    Was gonna give out about it's 510 connector not being flush but the Roller has that problem too apparently - good cloning, China!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Super Low Resistance: anything below 1.5 is classed as that because any lower could kill an eGo, but in my own head I'm looking at the 0.3/0.4ohm builds pumping out 40+ watts thinking "now THAT'S super-low". :eek:

Drill that second hole, it'll make up the bones of the difference as well as the VG.

On an unrelated note (avert thine eyes, shiny "original design" fans): Sigelei 'Matrix' ('Roller' clone)

Not quite as beautiful, but it's 7x cheaper than a Roller (probably just 3/4x cheaper by the time it gets to a vendor in Ireland, but that's still cheeeeeeap).
    Was gonna give out about it's 510 connector not being flush but the Roller has that problem too apparently - good cloning, China!

The vendors here are cheaper than the UK vendors sometimes...
    Shame about the raised 510 on the roller clone, nice otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Sigelei 'Matrix' ('Roller' clone)

uni.jpg

mrplop wrote: »
    The vendors here are cheaper than the UK vendors sometimes...
    Shame about the raised 510 on the roller clone, nice otherwise.
    They're usually cheaper than the bigger shops alright. Liberty Flights, Ecigwizard and TW seem to have the highest margins despite being the biggest UK vendors.
    Strange.
    Stupid raised 510s. You shouldn't copy the bad bits!
    superneat wrote: »
    uni.jpg
    Why buy a unicorn when I can get a pony and stick a Calippo on it's head?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Does anyone know the minimum amount to be spent on VapeRUs so i can use coupons?
    I'm over €30 and it won't let me put in my discount codes :pac:
    :( Sad lady

Anybody anywhere stocking this magical unicorn yet?

Does anyone know the minimum amount to be spent on VapeRUs so i can use coupons?
    I'm over €30 and it won't let me put in my discount codes :pac:
    :( Sad lady
    No minimum amount the last time I ordered from them (€22), I just converted the points to a voucher and it worked. Contact them if it still isn't working.
    Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Anybody anywhere stocking this magical unicorn yet?
    Not that I've seen. There's a co-op on Reddit and some Californian site for it, but they only make sense for 'Muricans to take part in.

Judging from the usual drip-drip of these releases I'd expect it to reach here/the UK in a month or three.
    The vendors'll have to sell off all those Kamry Storms and Smoktech Naturals first, or at least make a dent in them before they stock this and whatever else is the flavour of the month (PleaseBeANimbusClonePleaseBeANimbusClonePleaseBeANimbusClone).

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

The DS telescope (Drawtube) from ESI is a great little mech mod, it's performing very nicely and has the advantage of not being anything to do with Smoktech.

Stuck my Dripper pro on it this morning and I think it looks kinda pretty;
    DSC_0556_zps340110b4.jpg

There's a little more voltage drop than on the €150+ mech mods but it's a third of the price and the drop is negligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

So mu usual set up is an ego passthrough with T3 on top, was recently redeployed in my company to work in HP instead of in blanch, been there about 2 weeks and the team lead says to me that ecigs are banned inside as they are considered to be the same as cigarettes. Have just gotten home and am charging up the batteries for my lavatube and will probably stick either the t3 or a vivi on it to up the ridiculousness of it all. Have to go outside to the smoking area to use it apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I'd question their policy, show them the research and make noises about being forced into a secondhand smoke situation.
    Oh and practice stealth vaping.

TBH we are going to have to accept that vaping will never be accepted the way smoking was in the MadMen days. People are too PC now and feel that anything that might cause offence is unacceptable. Nation off wosses thats what we are!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

So mu usual set up is an ego passthrough with T3 on top, was recently redeployed in my company to work in HP instead of in blanch, been there about 2 weeks and the team lead says to me that ecigs are banned inside as they are considered to be the same as cigarettes. Have just gotten home and am charging up the batteries for my lavatube and will probably stick either the t3 or a vivi on it to up the ridiculousness of it all. Have to go outside to the smoking area to use it apparently

Tell him to go and ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

tommy2bad wrote: »
    I'd question their policy, show them the research and make noises about being forced into a secondhand smoke situation.
    Oh and practice stealth vaping.

TBH we are going to have to accept that vaping will never be accepted the way smoking was in the MadMen days. People are too PC now and feel that anything that might cause offence is unacceptable. Nation off wosses thats what we are!

Stealth vaping is all i've been doing inside, one of the lads i was sitting beside for the past 2 days didnt even realise until the team leader told me i couldnt use it inside. I have no pc yet but as soon as i do i'm going to get the official line and then make noise about it.

• Advertisement

Thinking of turning some polished ss items into a brushed finish. Was going to attach the item onto a variable speed drill(somehow) and turn it slowly, then hold some fine wet and dry sandpaper against the item. Any ideas anyone?

Thinking of turning some polished ss items into a brushed finish. Was going to attach the item onto a variable speed drill(somehow) and turn it slowly, then hold some fine wet and dry sandpaper against the item. Any ideas anyone?

I've an idea that you might deeply regret trying that.

I've an idea that you might deeply regret trying that.
    Why?

I can just see it turning to ****e and rusting away to nothing as well.

I'm probably wrong, but I know from messing up stuff in the past that it sounds like a bad plan :p

I can just see it turning to ****e and rusting away to nothing as well.

I'm probably wrong, but I know from messing up stuff in the past that it sounds like a bad plan :p

Yeah, maybe, I'll try it on something cheap first.

It'll be fine if it's all SS and you have a chuck big enough. That's how sej016 and igetcha69 have done it. Todd uses a Dremel I think.

Just make sure it's not gonna budge from the chuck, you wouldn't want to become the man with a mod for a brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Stealth vaping is all i've been doing inside, one of the lads i was sitting beside for the past 2 days didnt even realise until the team leader told me i couldnt use it inside. I have no pc yet but as soon as i do i'm going to get the official line and then make noise about it.

Don't mind the vaping issue; don't even think about opening this forum in hp with that user name!!
    btw your team lead is not correct, as of now there is no existing hp policy on vaping, it is being looked at but no decision has been made at this time.
    Vaping is common is in the break rooms but I wouldn't try it at my desk :eek:

I've hung around Reddit long enough to know how badly a simple comment can burn you, both you guys remove the company name from your posts.

It'll be fine if it's all SS and you have a chuck big enough. That's how sej016 and igetcha69 have done it. Todd uses a Dremel I think.

Just make sure it's not gonna budge from the chuck, you wouldn't want to become the man with a mod for a brain.
    Grindle, any chance of directing me towards a link for one of those vids, been searching utube for ages and all I can find is igetcha goldplating a provari!

• Advertisement

Grindle, any chance of directing me towards a link for one of those vids, been searching utube for ages and all I can find is igetcha goldplating a provari!

No vids, they've just described to people who've asked how they got the brushed finishes on whatever mod was being talked about/shown.
    imsharperr 1 week ago
    Hey there. I saw you post a picture of your satin diablo that you polished and it looked really good. I just got one and I'm wondering what you used to do that with? Thanks

igetcha69 1 week ago
    hi mate,
    i didnt polish it, i actually gave it a brushed finish
    all i did was put the body on a drill and spinned it whilst holding some fine sand paper against it :)
    cheers
    scott

Here's the post on UKV where he shows it off.

And I falsely attributed something to sej016 up there, it was the guy above him in this thread right here.

Advertisement