Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Guess what Mad_Lad got this time?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭KCross

They won't fix anything if it's not part of the process, they put lube on something, what next I don't know. They will try everything they can to ensure the fix is the cheapest to BMW.

I know where the lube is going next.... its BMW after all!

KCross wrote: »
    I know where the lube is going next....

yeah when the warranty is up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64,925 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Only if you enjoy being lubed up and what comes after do you let BMW service your car after the warranty is up :pac:

unkel wrote: »
    Only if you enjoy being lubed up and what comes after do you let BMW service your car after the warranty is up :pac:

Not sure, to be honest, I'll see what the local mechanic will charge if I keep it , he's not cheap but he's good.

To be honest the 400 odd every 2 years isn't that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

My warranty just ended but the service pack is good til October 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

whats the story with servicing and the battery warranty( motor and HV isn't included right?) if done by a non BMW mechanic?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭zoom_cool

What did they do to fix the steering ?

Was it the same crunching noise which sounds like it's coming from the wheels when you turn the steering?

I'm going to call Frank Keane now to see what their excuse is, I got there late yesterday evening and there was no one around.

They replace components on both front shocks not sure what was they had to wait for parts it took 3 days to fix from when I brought my car in till it was back with me. It was the crunching sound when turning steering.

zoom_cool wrote: »
    They replace components on both front shocks not sure what was they had to wait for parts it took 3 days to fix from when I brought my car in till it was back with me. It was the crunching sound when turning steering.

If you can see exactly what they replaced I'd appreciate it , sounds like the exact same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Obviously following this with interest. Can I ask how old your cars are and when the steering issue presented?

If you can see exactly what they replaced I'd appreciate it , sounds like the exact same problem.
    The problem is they don't give you any details invoice or work sheet. I think they said it was the swivel joints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭handpref

LillySV wrote: »
    I emailed BMW uk the other day to get nox figures for three types of cars , years and exact models described....i also asked if warranty would be covered in ireland if bought car off their dea,erships and brought it here...got the reply below whcih i think is very ****ty:

Thanks for your email about Nox measurements for 3 BMW’s.

"So that I can look into this for you, can you please provide the registration and chassis numbers of the BMW’s mentioned for me to retrieve the Nox measurements of each vehicle. If you don’t have this then please get in contact with our Homologation department directly at eccoc@bmw.co.uk - they’ll be able to assist you further.

In regards to BMW warranty, BMW UK will not be able to honor this as it will not be valid in Ireland. If you were to purchase warranty for the above vehicles, then this will be a duration of 1 year in the UK.

I hope this was helpful and I look forward to your reply. In the meantime if there is anything else then please let me know.

Kind regards

*****(name hidden)

I emailed bmw Ireland back in 2017 to confirm the uk warranty was good for here and they confirmed that. Might be worth contacting them.
    Damned if I can find it hidden in my inbox...

I had two doors resprayed under warranty where the paint had bubbled.

The expert in JD said the car had been crashed and resprayed and didn’t want to know.
    I then went Keanes who referred it to their contractor who confirmed paint was original and the job was done using the warranty but that took 7 months.

They also did the injector on the Rex which is a known fault under warranty.

Last time I left it in it was given back with zero battery (4%) - I asked three times to have it charged and again at 9am on the day of collection. Service agent said she was “too busy” to plug it in.

I was never contacted about a pre end of warranty inspection.
    I had a noise from the front right suspension that was a worn bush- changed by local independent mechanic. €40
    Most recently serviced by independent - Rex oil and filter was about €50 and €25 for wipers. €50 labour.
    He also swapped summers to winters on top of that.

handpref wrote: »
    I emailed bmw Ireland back in 2017 to confirm the uk warranty was good for here and they confirmed that. Might be worth contacting them.

The expert in JD said the car had been crashed and resprayed and didn’t want to know.
    I then went Keanes who referred it to their contractor who confirmed paint was original and the job was done using the warranty but that took 7 months.

Last time I left it in it was given back with zero battery (4%) - I asked three times to have it charged and again at 9am on the day of collection. Service agent said she was “too busy” to plug it in.

I had a noise from the front right suspension that was a worn bush- changed by local independent mechanic. €40
    Most recently serviced by independent - Rex oil and filter was about €50 and €25 for wipers. €50 labour.

What BMW dealer is this ?

mordeith wrote: »
    Obviously following this with interest. Can I ask how old your cars are and when the steering issue presented?

My car was registered March 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭handpref

What BMW dealer is this ?

Joe Duffy for saying the bmw approved used car was crash repaired.
    Keanes for original warranty work of injector/sensor work.
    Standard garage for the rest.

There is very little on the car that can’t be fixed by a good independent mechanic- the suspension and steering rack are standard components.
    As I mentioned before a friend of mine picked up an i3 with frontal damage - windscreen broken and cracked carbon fibre below the wiper area. Bought it off the insurance company and bought another carbon fiber shell from bmw-

Swapped Every component over in three days to make a new car.

Apart from the nice tiles, high end toilets, fancy lighting and not so great service I don’t miss having to bring it all the way to the nass road. I think they just got too busy in the last few years to keep up.

I found dealing with Renault for the Zoe a far more pleasant experience and would gladly buy another seeing as it outscores the i3 for usability (but not for fun and making you smile). However zoe is far far better than I expected.

In another three years I’ll have +250,000km’s on the car- having a full main dealer service history won’t count for much but it will be maintained to bmw specification- oil change on the scooter engine every two years ect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

handpref wrote: »

I emailed another email that was supplied for getting the uk nox figures and they came back insisting on chassis no ..I had given exact models that I wished to find out the nox figures for!.. they just don’t want to be dealing with anything ... very disappointed with the customer service ....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I emailed another email that was supplied for getting the uk nox figures and they came back insisting on chassis no ..I had given exact models that I wished to find out the nox figures for!.. they just don’t want to be dealing with anything ... very disappointed with the customer service ....

Wonder would those that review on YouTube for example be able to find out!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Wonder would those that review on YouTube for example be able to find out!!!!

Not sure what ya mean ?

Any i3 owners renewed their online services?

I just tried but my account is still a UK one and I'm reluctant to switch over!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Not sure what ya mean ?

YouTubers that do reviews of new cars...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Any i3 owners renewed their online services?

I just tried but my account is still a UK one and I'm reluctant to switch over!

I took the maps/real time traffic/bmw online offer last year. I can't see the current price , but it was €115 back in april.

• Advertisement

Ouch! That's pretty much the same as what I pay for my mobile phone bill for the year. Is there no way you can update the maps yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

unkel wrote: »
    Ouch! That's pretty much the same as what I pay for my mobile phone bill for the year. Is there no way you can update the maps yourself?

There is methods involving codes from ebay. But no free way to get the real time traffic or the online search (part of bmw online).

That's a bugger. Ioniq uses TomTom for maps, which has nothing to do with Hyundai. As long as the car is connected to the internet, it has live traffic. No subscription ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

If you have the CarPlay preparation (and iirc they’re dropping the fee for this?) then it’s all moot anyway, Google Maps will always provide the best nav experience.

I have a 162 i3. No Carplay or Android Auto for me.

My wife was missing the weather forecast and traffic info so I coughed up.

How much did you pay in the end?

zoom_cool wrote: »
    How much did you pay in the end?

Paid the £99 sterling. Used my wife's old bank card that's still in her UK address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

The live traffic is decent and I would pay when my subscription ends as it has saved me on my commute many times. I find it much better than some of the other services.

• Advertisement

the corpo wrote: »

It's the 21 Kwh, 19 usable ( when new ) that will give you 100-110 Kms range maybe 140 summer my best estimated with some battery degradation. And probably a bit less in bad weather.

Perhaps someone with the 21 Kwh can comment ?

+ the 21 KLwh charges a good bit slower than the 33 kWH on the fast charger.

Advertisement