Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Guess what Mad_Lad got this time?

Options

Comments

Oh, and to check the current battery capacity below is a ling to a hidden menu which shows how to do it, you're looking for " Batt. Kapa. Max. "

For the 94 Ah battery it should be around 29 Kwh , mine showed 29.5 when I got it and shows 29.5 still. This is the energy available out of 33 Kwh as it hides some, I do not know if this amount is different for the battery only i3 because the i3 hides the last 6.5% of usable energy available to keep the a buffer in the battery for full acceleration.

https://bmwi3owner.com/2016/01/secrets/

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

oodles19 wrote: »

To be honest, those cars have a decent spec, I'd try find one with the media professional which will have the better screen.

Any of those cars probably have all and more of the Equipment your Mother may ever use and the one she might appreciate more than anything is pre-heating, she'll love getting into a warm car and not having to defrost or defog the windscreen.

Look for the park assist which will parallel park the car automatically , if she's a person that struggles to parallel park it's quite fantastic but it is slow. I don't use it because I can park the car 10 times faster.

Some cars also have the Auto brake function and auto steer at slower speeds which might be handy on the M50, in traffic etc but you'd still need to be alert at all times not sure I would like this , I'd rather drive than always have to watch out for mistakes the car might make. Auto braking is convenient though and could save a rear end collision.

By the way, were you looking at i3 Rex or battery only ? all the ones in the links above do not have the Rex.

Apologies, I was out for a few last night, obviously not on my copy and paste game! It's the Rex I'm after for her yes, so something like this: @ around €23k all in:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201811142416453?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=ec1v9fr&year-from=2016&make=BMW&radius=1501&sort=price-asc&model=I3&page=2

We'll see what sterling will do the week after next if the Brexit deal doesn't go through, might still be able to get it at €22k, fingers crossed

Looks a good car alright , don't forget the cost of travel and accommodation + any petrol need to be included also which adds to the price.

It doesn't have LED lights and leather but got really everything else. LED lights cause a lot of glare and I get flashed a lot so much that I need to have the alignment checked when I get it in for service in a few weeks. But I can tell they cause a lot of glare because the car is pretty high and when you are behind some low down cars you can see some people flip their mirrors or some other idiots keep looking in the mirror getting p'eed off and turning on their fog lights and breaking because they think i have my high beams on, rather than just flip the mirror up they keep staring into it lol so yeah, need to get that checked.

Leather is an expensive option and led lights, think this would have added 6 or 7 K extra onto the cost new.

Cracking car alright for the money and great to drive and the backup of the Rex is just brilliant !

What's the VRT ? Think you'll be closer to 25K with travel costs included try haggle a bit on the price.

Remember the i3 is strictly a 4 seater.

Looks a good car alright , don't forget the cost of travel and accommodation + any petrol need to be included also which adds to the price.

It doesn't have LED lights and leather but got really everything else. LED lights cause a lot of glare and I get flashed a lot so much that I need to have the alignment checked when I get it in for service in a few weeks. But I can tell they cause a lot of glare because the car is pretty high and when you are behind some low down cars you can see some people flip their mirrors or some other idiots keep looking in the mirror getting p'eed off and turning on their fog lights and breaking because they think i have my high beams on, rather than just flip the mirror up they keep staring into it lol so yeah, need to get that checked.

Leather is an expensive option and led lights, think this would have added 6 or 7 K extra onto the cost new.

Cracking car alright for the money and great to drive and the backup of the Rex is just brilliant !

What's the VRT ? Think you'll be closer to 25K with travel costs included try haggle a bit on the price.

Remember the i3 is strictly a 4 seater.

Per the calculator VRT will be around €1300, I'll be getting an early morning flight over with Ryanair @ around €50, and a late ferry back at around €150, going to try and do it in the one day, as that was what I did when bringing my own car over and it worked fine.

I know they don't do haggling in the UK like they do here, but I'll definitely try to get something off as they won't be seeing me again!

The LED lights aren't a Biggie for the mother really, not leather, it's just for her to pootle about locally mainly, she does the very odd longer trip which is why I think the Rex is the better option!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Does anyone have any experience with UK manufacturer approved warranty carrying over here?

I had no problem using the 3 year UK warranty or 5 year UK service pack in Kearys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Apologies, I was out for a few last night, obviously not on my copy and paste game! It's the Rex I'm after for her yes, so something like this: @ around €23k all in:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201811142416453?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=ec1v9fr&year-from=2016&make=BMW&radius=1501&sort=price-asc&model=I3&page=2

We'll see what sterling will do the week after next if the Brexit deal doesn't go through, might still be able to get it at €22k, fingers crossed

If they don't do a deal ,then you will need to pay VAT.

Don't forget the i3 which is a fantastic car is also a high-tech carbon car so your mum will have to know that any fender bender may be expensive and time consuming to fix.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

80sDiesel wrote: »

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201811142416453?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=ec1v9fr&year-from=2016&make=BMW&radius=1501&sort=price-asc&model=I3&page=2

If The don't do a deal then you will need to pay VAT.

Don't forget the i3 which is a fantastic car is also a high-tech carbon car so your mum will have to know that any fender bender may be expensive I fix.

? I thought VAT was only liable on cars less than 6 months old and/or less than 6k km?

She's a safe enough driver, so I don't think there'll be any issue on the fender bender front hopefully!

? I thought VAT was only liable on cars less than 6 months old and/or less than 6k km?

She's a safe enough driver, so I don't think there'll be any issue on the fender bender front hopefully!

If they leave with no deal then they are considered a 3rd country so you would be liable to pay VAT. ( Just like if u r importing a car from the US)

From Revenue.

Customs Duty
    In the case of new or used vehicles imported from outside the EU, customs duty is chargeable at importation in the normal way.

When you register your vehicle, the NCTS will require proof of payment of the Customs Duty and VAT. Normally, this will be by way of the Customs Declaration, the Single Administrative Document (SAD).

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood you there, that's not a problem, I'll be importing it well before the end of March, so I'm actually hoping for Parliament to not vote for the deal so that sterling tanks a bit further.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood you there, that's not a problem, I'll be importing it well before the end of March, so I'm actually hoping for Parliament to not vote for the deal so that sterling tanks a bit further.

Yep. Good strategy. They will vote it down initially .

• Advertisement

Yep. Good strategy. They will vote it down initially .

Looks like it, hopefully it'll knock a few pence off the €/£ rate, as long as May doesn't put it off again!

ANd good news for 2ND hand ev sales , 2ND hand values in Ireland should rocket after Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Don't forget the i3 which is a fantastic car is also a high-tech carbon car so your mum will have to know that any fender bender may be expensive and time consuming to fix.

On that point the one posted doesn't have the read camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Oh, and to check the current battery capacity below is a ling to a hidden menu which shows how to do it, you're looking for " Batt. Kapa. Max. "

Finally got around to checking mine, 29.3kWh.

Finally got around to hanging up my summer wheels.

469725.jpg

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Finally got around to hanging up my summer wheels.

Lol, you might get to make use of the winter wheels a few days this Winter lol.

I like those wheels, mine are not so nice.

I was up at the doctor today and I was told I had tennis elbow. It is very painful I got to say but it is from too much laptop use. So a warning to everybody that use proper desks and use the laptop properly and not have it on your lap with your arms folded up to your chest. It is not always possible to do this especially at work when you don't have a desk to work at lot of the time and sometimes have to sit and stand for long periods of time which can be quite uncomfortable over 12 hour shifts.

So now I'm using voice dictation on my little Acer Google Chromebook now and it's working quite well with some minor corrections to some spellings but my left arm is very sore at the moment and I can't really move it too much my partner says "it's a pity it wasn't your mouth "haha

The Chromebook is small about 10-iNCH screen with keyboard which I much prefer to tablet because of tablet is uncomfortable to hold and it's impossible to type for any length of time so I take the Chromebook over full tablet any day they are just night and day why I have a powerful laptop it is quite heavy and the Chromebook does everything I need while on the go it it really is a fantastic device and all of this message was dictated to on this little Chromebook and I have to say I'm very impressed I'm so impressed I really don't want to shut up while I watch it type out haha.

So let this be a warning to all heavy laptop users not to use your laptop on your lap as much as possible get a proper desk proper keyboard and a proper Mouse and the same goes for tablet users as well the doctor said this is becoming a very very common problem.

Wrong thread?

Wrong thread?

Lol no just decided to post in the thread I posted the most in that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Wrong thread?

Maybe it has a REX. :D

• Advertisement

Lol no just decided to post in the thread I posted the most in that's all.

I have to say, I feel for you. Many years ago I was getting steroid injections in my elbow for this. It did bugger all good and hurt like hell. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Maybe a new car might help.

I have to say, I feel for you. Many years ago I was getting steroid injections in my elbow for this. It did bugger all good and hurt like hell. :D

Hurts alright , I was told my heart worse after the injection and I do start to feel more pain now or dear.

Maybe a new car might help.

I got two years to go on PCP so I don't know what I will do after looking likely at this stage that I will keep it for some time after.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Too much "laptop use". I see. And this was only in one elbow yes? Too much indulgence of late?? :P

Finally got around to checking mine, 29.3kWh.

I missed this post, that's looking good I checked mine this morning and it was 29.6 Kwh.

How many km is on your i3?

ELM327 wrote: »
    Too much "laptop use". I see. And this was only in one elbow yes? Too much indulgence of late?? :P

Haha yeah only one arm luckily but if I continue as I am the other arm will most likely get affected sooner or later and that I don't think I could tolerate it is quite painful. It's not related to what you think it is haha.

I missed this post, that's looking good I checked mine this morning and it was 29.6 Kwh.

How many km is on your i3?

11k. It had very little use in its first 2 years so probably sat for long periods which wouldn't help.

11k. It had very little use in its first 2 years so probably sat for long periods which wouldn't help.

it looks perfectly fine to me as I say mine shows 29.6 which is roughly the same as what it was when I got it I would have to check back early in the tread it was 29.6 or 29.9 not sure either way it's quite good.

• Advertisement

Hurts alright , I was told my heart worse after the injection and I do start to feel more pain now or dear.

Well the drugs seem to be working. :D

Advertisement