Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

When did they add those orange bollard yolks with reflectors as you're exiting the M1 (go left towards Swords)? No harm anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We went to Flavours of Fingal for the first time today and it was fantastic. It was extremely well run, even down to traffic management and the way parking was organised. There was something for everyone, and lots of food - we ate our way around :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Saw a car lose control at the Woodies roundabout in Swords yesterday morning. Wrong angle for my dashcam. She started to slide, tried to correct then went even more and into the other lane. She was very lucky no one was parallel to her at the time otherwise there would have been a nasty collision.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mr Dizzy popped down to Tesco Airside after dinner for a few bottles of water now the Boil Water notice is back. He said it was like the end of civilisation down there, people leaving with trolleys full of water :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Mr Dizzy popped down to Tesco Airside after dinner for a few bottles of water now the Boil Water notice is back. He said it was like the end of civilisation down there, people leaving with trolleys full of water :rolleyes:

I went around half 6 and it was carnage. Cars all the way back to the roundabout trying to get in. Then the longest queues I’ve seen there ever. I gave up and went to the Eurospar in Kinsealy and got a few 2 litre bottles because Tesco were out of the 5 litres anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Do you not see the hypocrisy/irony of slagging other people for buying water, when you yourselves/other half were out buying water. God forbid you actually BOIL some water and cool it. The taps are still working.

Do you not see the hypocrisy/irony of slagging other people for buying water, when you yourselves/other half were out buying water. God forbid you actually BOIL some water and cool it. The taps are still working.

No hypocrisy here. We bought 6 bottles of water, and of course we are boiling water too. There's a big difference between that and filling a large trolley with bottles of water, not caring that there will be none left for some. It's pure greed and a lack of consideration for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

No hypocrisy here. We bought 6 bottles of water, and of course we are boiling water too. There's a big difference between that and filling a large trolley with bottles of water, not caring that there will be none left for some. It's pure greed and a lack of consideration for others.

None left?? There is literally water in our taps. Why would they need to consider others?? Have you read what you’re writing??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

In fairness - cooled boiled water doesn't taste great

No it doesn't, but it's grand for brushing your teeth. They say not to give very young children and babies spring water so we use boiled water for the grandkids.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

From this evening's tractor convoy between Rush and Loughshinny:

498689.jpg

There were hundreds of them. Must have taken over 20 mins for the full procession to pass me

A visitor's take on Malahide Castle. Vicki is the partner of Geoff Marshall who is a big train nerd in the UK. They did an Irish trip last year. Here's the C&T thread I started about them. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057942001

Beautiful sunset over the north county tonight. It's the little things....

IMG-7752.jpg

Bus stop down on the road towards rush and the 1.5 metres one for cyclists too. I'm guessing Storm Ellen took a lump out of NCD.

Power cut again in Lusk night. Par for the course at this point.

Any idea what's causing them? I don't live in Lusk but my daughters do so I know how often they're happening.

Any idea what's causing them? I don't live in Lusk but my daughters do so I know how often they're happening.

There was a piece in the free magazine a while ago. A local councillor raised it. The conclusion was trees and that they would be dealt with. But, there was flip all wind yesterday, so who knows. Happening about half a dozen times a year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Randomly ended up in here - not that it's helpful but power cuts have been going on in Lusk my whole life (35 years + :D). Parents used to have a stock of candles and torches in the presses, they were that regular.

It has improved over the years, but they still happen more often than they should. No idea of the cause, kind of just accept it as part of life there:)

Needed a few posters printed recently. First place said no, too small a job. :rolleyes: Not a bother for Reddins, however. I know where I'll be going next time.

Maybe if Lusk gets this quarter place we'll have something locally.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure I saw I hawk on the Lusk bypass whilst I was out running. With a wingspan like that they certainly command the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭sbkenn

Quite likely a Buzzard. There are several pairs in the area

Seagulls in Lusk are quite loud, they must be having an election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

They must be having X factor at 4.30 every morning in Skerries! 🙉

Creedon's Atlas of Ireland tonight (7:30pm) focuses on Fingal.

I see Google Maps pronounces Fingal as Fingle (like single).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

So I saw in River valley in Swords yesterday that they're digging up the road again, presumably fixing water mains or something

Maybe I'm ignorant, but why on earth did they put the services in the middle of the road? Whenever they have to do something there's always a bit of chaos because cars have to navigate around the road works in the middle of the road

I thought they always put the services on one side so they would only need to block one lane of traffic?

It's a busy enough estate too so likely to cause some traffic jams. Luckily there's several ways out of the estate so might not be too bad

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement