Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Its very nice inside if you can get a parking space. Very friendly staff too. I think thats something hard to find nowadays.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Donabate turn off - spot the Christmas house...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

An amusing article from The Indo featuring Swords. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Haha, not what we'd want to be known for!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Christmas week traffic around Swords is horrendous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

hi all,

Well I have reached a milestone, my 2000th post.

I thought long and hard where to place it, and have probably messed it up number wise, it has to me my favourite Forum DNC

We have travelled together through, moving the Chuck Wagon, stolen Bin Tags, a destroyer in Balbriggan, LeoB 's wonderful photos, tHB, moving back from Switzerland, election results and predictions, we have recommendations for dinner, takeaways, and advice on everything from schools to doctors, truly a local community acting in each other's interests.

So regards to all the regulars and irregulars in D N C, see you at. The Chuck Wagon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Congratulations!

I still haven't had food from the Chuck Wagon :(

Cheers Martin! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

What is the boundery for "dublin county north" on the dublin side, is it the same as fingal or different?

Everything north of the Liffey that doesn't have a post code.

• Advertisement

micraX wrote: »
    What is the boundery for "dublin county north" on the dublin side, is it the same as fingal or different?

Where they say, '' package Of crips,'' that's the Boundary.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

A shame to read our parishioner fergal.b lost his boat.

Oh no! fergal.b I'm so sorry, I know you put a lot of hard work into your boat and I hope it can be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭sbkenn

martinn123 wrote: »
    or where they say Sowords" instead of "Swords"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

martinn123 wrote: »

I say package of crips

Awful to hear of the accident in portmarnock today, one person dead and one critically ill

Their families must be devastated

Was out cycling recently. According to the GPS on my watch, I was near the Black Hills. Good to know this exists and it's not some sort of government area 51 project.

:pac:

The truth is out there. :pac:

Today, I saw the film Older than Ireland. If you're not familiar with it it's about some of Ireland's 100 year old citizens, 3 of whom are residents of Rush and Skerries. :)

That looks brilliant. They've seen some changes in their lifetime!

It was great. They were clearly prompted to discuss certain topics, but it's really a case of simply putting the camera in front of them and letting them talk in their own way.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

OK not the most exciting thing in the world but if you like coffee Balbriggan hasn't exactly been swimming in options lately. A Costa is coming to the Millfield shopping centre which is great as the O'Briens there being the sole eatery in the place- hasn't exactly been trying hard.

Saw a swan with 3 cygnets at Malahide estuary the other morning. It's the simple things.

3-4 fire vehicles, plus an ambulance on the way to Rush tonight. Hopefully all OK.

Driving home from Kettles hotel tonight we came across an armed Garda checkpoint, got waved through so they were looking for someone.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

A friend of mine is coming home after being away from a few months and by the sounds of things she's being missing being able to call to a deli. Can anyone recommend a decent deli near the Airport/Swords area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

marno21 wrote: »
    A friend of mine is coming home after being away from a few months and by the sounds of things she's being missing being able to call to a deli. Can anyone recommend a decent deli near the Airport/Swords area?

There's a gourmet kitchen place on North Street in Swords, at the end across the road from the estuary pub. If that helps.

Gourmet Food Parlour in Swords is really nice if you're just looking to have a meal, but if your friend wants to browse and buy food it would be worth popping over to Donnybrook Fair in Malahide. They have a fantastic deli section.

Can't beat the quietness of back roads around here, they're grand.

• Advertisement

Went for a celebratory pint, with family to Bus Bar, last night, haven't been in there for a few years
    Stale , empty, TV blaring, what's with the bar-man, all tattoo's and a weird sense of humor.
    only good thing the pint of black stuff was like mothers milk, creamy, yum.

Anyway the eldest got his keys to his new house in Barnageeragh Cove.
    Lovely houses really well built.
    Went with him on Tuesday am, to check the snag list had been completed.

Met by the Foreman, who took us through the list, room by room
    Then the Builder came over, introduced himself and had a chat, then the carpenter dropped over, to again chat about the house, very friendly bunch of people, and easy to deal with

Parting shot from the Foreman, was don't worry I will be around here for the next two years, so any issues ring me.......very reassuring.

Advertisement