Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Michael8000

Stheno wrote: »
    Guys what sort of broadband is available in naul?

Depends on the location. Eircom and Sky are available in Naul village. Otherwise the best option is Ripplecom which is very good despite the issues they have in other areas of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

DarrenG wrote: »
    Other half has asked me to introduce her to more pubs in Balbriggan. I don't frequent them that much as I prefer the city centre (better choice of beers). What pubs would you recommend? We've been to the Bracken Court a few times already.

So we headed to the Harvest Bar first which wasn't bad. Interior reminds me of a hotel lobby but was very quiet so headed to O'Sheas. The place was freezing. A band was setting up but by 11pm they still hadn't started playing so we left. Maybe I'm getting old but it seems to attract an incredibly young crowd. Surprised some of them where even getting served.

Tonight we're going to head back to the hotel. Be interested to hear what other pubs people frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

So we headed to the Harvest Bar first which wasn't bad. Interior reminds me of a hotel lobby but was very quiet so headed to O'Sheas. The place was freezing. A band was setting up but by 11pm they still hadn't started playing so we left. Maybe I'm getting old but it seems to attract an incredibly young crowd. Surprised some of them where even getting served.

Tonight we're going to head back to the hotel. Be interested to hear what other pubs people frequent.

Depends what age group you are in. Not many good pubs in Balbriggan imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Maybe go a bit up the road and try the Balrothery Inn? Or the Manowar pub further up the road?

Not so many decent pubs up in the town tbh....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

There is a three car collision on the Rathbeale Road near the Applewood junction heading towards Ashbourne at the minute (Swords side of the lights) Ambulance, fire brigade there, I'd be avoiding it if you see this!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Accident now cleared, didn't look serious tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=427245510735565&set=a.267641723362612.64100.100003503581935&type=1&theater

can everyone like this picture of my sisters and niece. Its a competition.
    mods if this is not the time or the place can you just remove it.Thanks.x

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

"This content is not available" is the message that comes back when I click the link.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Same for me Cathy - maybe the page or photo is set at 'private'?

Same for me Cathy - maybe the page or photo is set at 'private'?

Hmmm dont worry I don't know of they won.its a shame but yous are very good for trying .xx

• Advertisement

They have Easter eggs for sale in jcs:eek:

You have got to be joking.that us just crazy.

cathy01 wrote: »
    You have got to be joking.that us just crazy.

Nope they had a stack of caramel Easter eggs out for sale today i was gobsmacked, i actually checked that they were Easter eggs and that i wasn't seeing things

Well, what should have been an evening with a bottle of nice wine & a couple of sumptuous steaks in the Windmill in Skerries for myself & Mrs Billy has turned into a bottle of Calpol for Junior & takeaway pizzas for the rest of us. Such is life. :o

Nope they had a stack of caramel Easter eggs out for sale today i was gobsmacked, i actually checked that they were Easter eggs and that i wasn't seeing things

Does he not sell them every year before xmas?

Well, what should have been an evening with a bottle of nice wine & a couple of sumptuous steaks in the Windmill in Skerries for myself & Mrs Billy has turned into a bottle of Calpol for Junior & takeaway pizzas for the rest of us. Such is life. :o

Hope they are better for tomorrow evening .you can give nurofen and calpol together once they are not asmatic.
    Big large wiskey for Santa tomorrow night .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

What a pity. Hope Junior's better in time for Santa.

It's a tradition going back years. Lots of people will buy them too, instead of selection boxes :)

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Does he not sell them every year before xmas?
    It's a tradition going back years. Lots of people will by them too, instead of selection boxes :)

Why? :) I find myself increasingly disliking going to JCs and this is one of the reasons.

@ HB hope Junior is better in the morning :)

Why? :) I find myself increasingly disliking going to JCs and this is one of the reasons.

As far as I know JC himself started it, as a gimmick. The supermarket is like Marmite, you either love it or you hate it.

We love it - and it's the only supermarket I know where they'll let you take your shopping home and pay later if you forget your purse or wallet. You regularly see members of staff helping elderly customers around the store too.

As far as I know JC himself started it, as a gimmick. The supermarket is like Marmite, you either love it or you hate it.

We love it - and it's the only supermarket I know where they'll let you take your shopping home and pay later if you forget your purse or wallet. You regularly see members of staff helping elderly customers around the store too.

There are times I love it, and times I hate it and today was one of those hate days :)

Love the butchers there and as my OHs daughter has severe food allergies, I really appreciate the service you get when looking for weird foods, but sometimes the gimmicks get on my wick :)

They are superb when it comes to service

• Advertisement

I know what you mean. Sometimes you could do without all the walls of bargains!

Be safe put there if you are travelling today, tis rather horrid

Happy New Year everybody. Stay safe.

tHB

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,480 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Happy New Year tHB, the other mods and contributors to the DCN Forum

Happy New Year everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Just had a couple. Of pints, with my two lads, the youngest, flies back to Switzerland in the morning, after a great Xmas family break.

Put a chicken in oven, the OH forgot to Mind the spuds, but never mind.
    Bottle of wine, and some good-bye's.

Won't see him till June, so feeling a bit melancholy, probably the Wine.

A happy new year to all in this Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Bloody IPad, multiple posts, mod. Please delete cheers.

Must be strong pints :D

Happy New Year martinn123. If your lad is anywhere near Bern & fancies meeting up for a beer - let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Rough seas at Portrane this afternoon.

B_zps6d7e3829.jpg

A_zps6ebcae2f.jpg

Advertisement