Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Dublin Airport Parking queries & codes **

Options
  • 20-02-2013 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

i normally use quick park but when i was booking flight Ryan air was offering spaces just wondering if anyone used them yet etc ? thansk in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bopsy1234

Hi there

The car parks being offered on the Ryanair website are the main DAA car parks, Ryanair and DAA are working together.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

I just booked this today - €2.99 per day for parking
    But I'm wondering how do you exit the car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I just booked this today - €2.99 per day for parking
    But I'm wondering how do you exit the car park?

I imagine its the same as if you prepaid online with DAA. If you entered your reg they have machines at entrance and exit that will read your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Make sure the fuel tank is less than half full, otherwise they will stiff you for being overweight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

coylemj wrote: »
    Make sure the fuel tank is less than half full, otherwise they will stiff you for being overweight

very good!
    They only accept 1 litre cars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

TillyGirl wrote: »

I imagine its the same as if you prepaid online with DAA. If you entered your reg they have machines at entrance and exit that will read your number.

I realised after they sent me a confirmation email - so all details are l that

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kankan

I just booked Ryanair parking last night - they didn't give me an option at what time I wanted to check in or out and I presumed that they were cleverly matching it up with my flight times. But no. They have me checking in 9 hours after my flight takes off and checking out 17 hours after I land...and of course they are charging me to amend this on the DAA website. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bopsy1234

My wife works with DAA, if you want to PM me your details and I will check it out for you.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kankan

Thank you so much Bopsy 1234 - I found out that it was my fault - I booked the wrong time flight, really sorry, I feel like an eejit. Thank you so much for offering to help, I was really grateful. I also rang the DAA and they were lovely to deal with, thank you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

can anyone tell me is it blue or red carpark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

scrgirl wrote: »
    can anyone tell me is it blue or red carpark?

Blue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Blue

Wrong its always the red

• Registered Users Posts: 3 moonstar525

Hi all, I just booked car parking in Dublin airport from ryanair, but there is no info sent to me from them. Could anyone tell me the location please? I have checked the map on DAA, there are red(express) and blue for long term, not sure which one I should go. By the way, as the previous post said, all I need to do is enter the car reg number when I go in and out, is it true? Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I just booked car parking in Dublin airport from ryanair, but there is no info sent to me from them. Could anyone tell me the location please? I have checked the map on DAA, there are red(express) and blue for long term, not sure which one I should go. By the way, as the previous post said, all I need to do is enter the car reg number when I go in and out, is it true? Thanks in advance.

blue longterm, exit m50 norht bound at Naul exit, and yes just drive in and out they scan your reg, bring the card you paid with just in case though

• Registered Users Posts: 3 moonstar525

scrgirl, thanks a lot for ur quick reply.

No probs, have a good trip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I'm flying out of Dublin next month, and looking at parking options. At the moment, Red is looking to be the cheapest, but the DAA site doesn't mention how it works if you're flying from T2. It looks to me like any shuttle leaving from Red would stop at T2 first, is that right? Also, coming back, the site only talks about grabbing a shuttle from a pickup point in Zone 9 T1? Am I going to have to trek from T2 to T1 on arrival to catch a shuttle back?

Anyone parked in Red and flown from T2 recently know what's the what?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

All shuttles leave from T1 - that includes airport shuttles also.
    You indeed have to walk to T1 with your luggage.

The simplest way is to turn left immediately you emerge from customs in T2. You can walk down the corridor which leads to a covered walkway and you'll reach T1 without having to face the weather.
    On the way from the car park T2 is the first stop then onto T1

corblimey wrote: »
    I'm flying out of Dublin next month, and looking at parking options. At the moment, Red is looking to be the cheapest, but the DAA site doesn't mention how it works if you're flying from T2. It looks to me like any shuttle leaving from Red would stop at T2 first, is that right? Also, coming back, the site only talks about grabbing a shuttle from a pickup point in Zone 9 T1? Am I going to have to trek from T2 to T1 on arrival to catch a shuttle back?

Anyone parked in Red and flown from T2 recently know what's the what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

The shuttle leaves T1 then goes round to T2 for a quick pickup before heading out to the car park.

I usually walk the 2 minutes to T1 though as it takes ages for the shuttle to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

make sure to prebook your parking, makes quite the difference in price. prebooking short term makes it about the same price as full price long term. prebooking long term can be about half price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

All shuttles leave from T1 - that includes airport shuttles also.
    You indeed have to walk to T1 with your luggage.

The simplest way is to turn left immediately you emerge from customs in T2. You can walk down the corridor which leads to a covered walkway and you'll reach T1 without having to face the weather.
    On the way from the car park T2 is the first stop then onto T1

No, you don't. The DAA shuttles pick up from T2.

In fact, there's not much point walking to T1 to get the shuttle as its first stop after leaving T1 is T2.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

We came through T2 after the mid term there. There's a sign when you come down the escalators saying buses and we waited there for 2 minutes and along came the buses

We were also wondering at the time if we had to walk up to T1, but decided to wait a few minutes just in case, so they do stop at T2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Is this offer still on? Can you get it after you've booked the flights?
    Flying next week with ryanair for a long weekend and looking at booking parking, cheapest I can find is 24 with the clarion for 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

Hi Folks,
    In-laws booked parking in the Red (Express) with Ryanair website (put in the car reg, paid €30), turned up at the car-park and there was no record of it. They then had to pay almost €60 to get in.
    Has this happened with anyone else?
    Rang Ryanair and got sent to DAA. Rang DAA and listened to their message in English and Irish and told to email their enquiry....
    Any help appreciated :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

I've got a new car since I've made my booking. Do I need to inform them of this or is it just a QR code I scan on the day and therefore it's irrelevant what car I actually turn up in?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Guys I'm just wondering is there a Hotel where if i stay the one night i can leave my car free there free for the few nights while i travel? Heard the name a couple of months but cannot remember!
    Any help please

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

spurious wrote: »

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

TheBully wrote: »
    Guys I'm just wondering is there a Hotel where if i stay the one night i can leave my car free there free for the few nights while i travel? Heard the name a couple of months but cannot remember!
    Any help please

The parking isn't free though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Hi Everyone

Just wondering what the best stay and park options are at Dublin airport. Have early flight from Dublin and 18 night trip. Was going to stay overnight and leave car at hotel. Thanks in advance

Advertisement