Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Terminator: Dark Fate **Spoilers from post 983**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

steamsey wrote: »
    I thought T1 was amazing, I remember watching it a few years after it was released and being obsessed with Linda Hamilton’s boobs when she rides Kyle. I was a teenager. Good times. Also rest of film was good too. .

Is that all you have to say about her? :D actually i think that was one of the first sex scenes I ever saw in a film now that you say it!

No you know I think she is probably the best female character in a sci-fi action film. I love the the contrast and change in her from T1 to T2.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Wait, Arnie isn't in it????

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

py2006 wrote: »
    Wait, Arnie isn't in it????

He probably is but it's not a bad thing if he isn't.

Explaining how he has aged will make it complicated when it doesn't need to be.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    He probably is but it's not a bad thing if he isn't.

Explaining how he has aged will make it complicated when it doesn't need to be.

Not really. It's in cannon that model 101 skin ages like a normal human

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

yeah but in T2 he's melted down at the end

so why a new terminator from the future is so old will be a tricky one to explain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

yeah but in T2 he's melted down at the end

so why a new terminator from the future is so old will be a tricky one to explain

They are messing with Time travel, they can easily work around it. He could be a Terminator they sent further back to protect someone else.. Maybe Johns new transgender surgeon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What better way to hide from a terminator than have a sex change.

They aren’t looking for Joan Conners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They could just mess with the timeline and create a reason why John Connor is no longer the leader of the resistance in the future and someone else is identified as destined to become same (eg, a woman). Whether that be light in tone (history redirected/JC never conceived) or a bit darker (John Connor is elimated)
    T3 was fine. I think it was only at the very, very last scene that I liked it.

That last scene is genuinely excellent, quite unexpected in the context of the tone of the film to that point and the only scene that really stands out and does justice to the first two movies (although as a whole, T3 is not terrible).

That said I'm one of those people who genuinely prefered Genysis, faults and all, to Salvation. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭p to the e

davo2001 wrote: »
    Are they going to call it "Herminator"?!

I was thinking more "Ter-men-hater"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So given this new film is a direct sequel to T2, the relatively large age gap between Linda Hamilton and Natalia Reyes (supposedly playing 'Dani Ramos' the target of the Terminators), and Reyes' presumed Mexican heritage, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Reyes is playing John Connor's daughter - illegitimate or otherwise - born while hiding south of the border after the end of T2.

Seems like a fairly obvious leap to make; notwithstanding the fact the franchise is beyond hope anyway, with China probably to blame for a sixth film, the franchise is 34 years old at this stage - can't keep making it about John Connor, Might as well plough the whole 'pass the baton' narrative cliché ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

pixelburp wrote: »
    So given this new film is a direct sequel to T2 ...

So, is this thing doing away with 3, 4 and 5?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Apparently yes; not 100% if it was confirmed via press release, but they're pulling a Superman Returns & simply ignoring the sequels post - T2.

Apparently yes; not 100% if it was confirmed via press release, but they're pulling a Superman Returns & simply ignoring the sequels post - T2.

In that case, it might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yeah, that official Twitter account describes itself as "The untitled, in-production sequel to James Cameron’s original Terminator films"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

But also of course I agree with everyone else – definitely not enough penises in the first and only image we've seen. I just can't believe that females exist in the future or can hold guns or anything. They don't even have their tops off ffs.

****ing ridicules.

I, for one, will be queuing up for the first day of release but god damn I won't enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That photo is giving off Dylann Roof vibes. Dangerously close to a bowl cut.

Am I the only one who thought Terminator Salvation was decent? The opening 10-15 minutes was pretty dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

First official (read, airbrushed) look at the main cast from Terminator 6; looks like Mackenzie Davis isn't entirely human - perhaps she's the terminator?

https://twitter.com/Terminator/status/1024640947940773888

Final Fantasy's been on.

they want Cloud back.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 vader ed

p to the e wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought Terminator Salvation was decent? The opening 10-15 minutes was pretty dark.

I really enjoyed Salvation. Went to see it twice in cinema.

It was OK. But more as a standalone film than anything else. It's certainly not worth some of the meltdowns that occurred over it.

• Advertisement

That last scene is genuinely excellent, quite unexpected in the context of the tone of the film to that point and the only scene that really stands out and does justice to the first two movies (although as a whole, T3 is not terrible).

That said I'm one of those people who genuinely prefered Genysis, faults and all, to Salvation. :o

The ending of T3 is great, I thought the intro was very good too. After that they seemed to almost go down a slap stick comedy route which made no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Goodshape wrote: »
    But also of course I agree with everyone else – definitely not enough penises in the first and only image we've seen. I just can't believe that females exist in the future or can hold guns or anything. They don't even have their tops off ffs.

****ing ridicules.

I, for one, will be queuing up for the first day of release but god damn I won't enjoy it.

I think this looks terrible but not because it's an all female poster, because it's a terrible straight to DVD looking poster. As a huge Terminator fan, I would love this movie to be great, but this looks awful. I've a young cousin who could knock up a better image in 5 minutes.

The hollywood's 'play it safe and just make reboot' thing has provided us with a lot of turkeys, and the latest 'let's make it a reboot but make it an all female lead cast' should not make such turkey's immune to criticism.

It's literally the first official shot, and is it really that surprising in this day and age the graphic design is a bit rubbish? 90% of posters and publicity these days is hastily knocked out airbrush jobs. We won't get a real sense of the film in motion til a trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Who is this supposed to appeal to?

Who is this supposed to appeal to?

Honestly I'd say the Chinese market. The same market that is keeping a lot of awful films afloat and has produced some awful sequels/reboots. See "Transformers" and "Independence Day: Resurgence" for examples.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's got Terminator in the title, so it appeals to anyone familiar with the previous films which is a massive audience. Lets say a quarter of that audience decides they aren't interested based on the previous sequels being crap. Lets say another 10 percent decide not to bother based on the first official shot they saw on the internet looking photoshopped. And lets say (being extremely generous) 5 percent of male viewers decide not to bother because the leads are ewww females. That still leaves a huge audience who are up for another Terminator film.

As Jurassic World 2 showed, in a market saturated in superhero movies any big name blockbuster that isn't about superheroes will probably be embraced by audiences as long as it's watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Tony EH wrote: »
    It was OK. But more as a standalone film than anything else. It's certainly not worth some of the meltdowns that occurred over it.

I really liked it for the most part, the only complaint i have is the fact that the trailer gave away what would have been an awesome surprise - sam worthington being a terminator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I really liked it for the most part, the only complaint i have is the fact that the trailer gave away what would have been an awesome surprise - sam worthington being a terminator.

Genysis was even worse. Gives away the John Connor twist in the trailer.

It was so blatant I assumed it was misdirection, but nope.

I think that was pretty much the point where I stopped watching trailers unless unavoidable - like at the cinema (even at that I actively avoided seeing trailers for the likes of The Last Jedi)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Honestly I'd say the Chinese market. The same market that is keeping a lot of awful films afloat and has produced some awful sequels/reboots. See "Transformers" and "Independence Day: Resurgence" for examples.

It also saved the last terminator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The ending of T3 is great, I thought the intro was very good too. After that they seemed to almost go down a slap stick comedy route which made no sense.

Ending of three made sense.

T4 salvation was enjoyable. Id watch a series of those films.

This, ill hold judgement until trailer

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Advertisement