Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Hi
    Does the Vogue single €299 incl a headboard? Would this be best for a 4 yr old?
    Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Keith C wrote: »
    Hi
    Does the Vogue single €299 incl a headboard? Would this be best for a 4 yr old?
    Thanks

Hi Keith C
    No but as it's new year you might twist my arm a bit. We have sold the Vogue to many hotels as well as domestic users so it's more than suitable for a 4 year old. It is suitable for all ages, young and old.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Hi Mickey

I'm looking for a (cheap!) firm sprung kingsize mattress (99" x 60").
    Spent years on a futon so I like them firm.
    No memory foam. Hate that.
    Would you have anything?

Would need it delivered to Cork.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Hi Mickey

I'm looking for a (cheap!) firm sprung kingsize mattress (99" x 60").
    Spent years on a futon so I like them firm.
    No memory foam. Hate that.
    Would you have anything?

Would need it delivered to Cork.

Hi Bannasidhe

I'm sure we can help bur a king size is generally 200cm long X 150cm wide. Free delivery to Cork when going your way.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hi Bannasidhe

I'm sure we can help bur a king size is generally 200cm long X 150cm wide. Free delivery to Cork when going your way.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Measured the mattress on it there - bought it with the bed frame in IKEA in Sydney. It's 252 cm x 152 cm. It was marketed as a Queen size.
    Do you have anything in that size to suit?

• Advertisement

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Measured the mattress on it there - bought it with the bed frame in IKEA in Sydney. It's 252 cm x 152 cm. It was marketed as a Queen size.
    Do you have anything in that size to suit?

Hi again

KIng size in IKEA in Europe is 150cm X 200cm . I can order that size in for you in any quality that you need but I'd say you would struggle to find it ready made in any shop here. I can have in a few days if you need it.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hi again

KIng size in IKEA in Europe is 150cm X 200cm . I can order that size in for you in any quality that you need but I'd say you would struggle to find it ready made in any shop here. I can have in a few days if you need it.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Thanks Mick.

I'll get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

Hi. I'm looking for a couple of mattresses. The first is a double mattress for rented accommodation. I would be looking for the most cost effective one but I don't want to put rubbish in it either, someone has to sleep on it. Would need to be reversible and probably more firm than soft. The frame is deep so maybe a thicker mattress.

Also want a king mattress to replace the one in our own house. We have a king coil Super Premium healthcare or some other mumbo jumbo according to the label. It's a good thick mattress and initially was very comfy but it just sank on my side inside 3-4 years. I'm not very heavy - 85 kg - but sometimes I need to sleep sitting up due to arthritis in my hips so maybe that didn't help. But overall I was disappointed in it and it cost over €1,000 at the time. Its also not reversible.

What could you recommend for either scenario? Would need delivery to Galway.

Thanks so much.
    Rob

Rob Thomas wrote: »
    Hi. I'm looking for a couple of mattresses. The first is a double mattress for rented accommodation. I would be looking for the most cost effective one but I don't want to put rubbish in it either, someone has to sleep on it. Would need to be reversible and probably more firm than soft. The frame is deep so maybe a thicker mattress.

Also want a king mattress to replace the one in our own house. We have a king coil Super Premium healthcare or some other mumbo jumbo according to the label. It's a good thick mattress and initially was very comfy but it just sank on my side inside 3-4 years. I'm not very heavy - 85 kg - but sometimes I need to sleep sitting up due to arthritis in my hips so maybe that didn't help. But overall I was disappointed in it and it cost over €1,000 at the time. Its also not reversible.

What could you recommend for either scenario? Would need delivery to Galway.

Thanks so much.
    Rob

Hi Rob

We have reversible double mattresses from as little as 99 euro but to be honest they are just a step above budget. We carry well over 1000 mattresses in stock all the time so should be able to get you sorted. AS regards your own king mattress, were you hoping for soft , medium or king ? Good news is Galway seems to be the hot spot for the last couple of days so we should have a few vans going that way very soon. Give me a call or pm me your number and we will get you sorted. 086 8356888 or 043 3345488

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

Hi cargen

Will do over the weekend or Monday at the latest It won't be a link as they will be made especially for you but I can get you the spec on them to have a look at

Thanks

hi did you get the chance to look at my request?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Gonna head down to Longford on Saturday and try a few of the king size and super king size beds out, looking forward to it. Cant go wrong with the prices quoted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Davexirl wrote: »
    Gonna head down to Longford on Saturday and try a few of the king size and super king size beds out, looking forward to it. Cant go wrong with the prices quoted here.

We are on our third (or is it 4th) mattress from Mickey - will be down again hopefully this weekend for another - can’t revommend highly enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Hi looking for a medium firm double bed mattress. Mac 400 approx budget. Was looking at https://bigmickey.ie/product/hyder-memory-ortho-mattress-14/ but not sure!

cargen wrote: »
    hi did you get the chance to look at my request?

Thanks

HI there

Apologies for not getting back to you yesterday. We are really busy and some staff are away on holidays. I left it with our main manufacturer, You could go for a 600 pocket single sided matress. This would only be about 6 to 7 in deep and would be within the budget you stated but if you could stretch to 250 euro, we could get you a twin sided 1000 pocket model. This would be 11 to 12 inch deep. We have these in stock in normal size and could show you in advance of purchase. The size you require would be a custom made just for you.

Let me know you thoughts

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Davexirl wrote: »

Hi Davexirl

We will try our best not to disappoint you. :):):)

thebullkf wrote: »
    We are on our third (or is it 4th) mattress from Mickey - will be down again hopefully this weekend for another - can’t revommend highly enough

Hi thebullkf

You must have shares in the business by now. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Bigmickey

Hi looking for a medium firm double bed mattress. Mac 400 approx budget. Was looking at https://bigmickey.ie/product/hyder-memory-ortho-mattress-14/ but not sure!

Hi laura99

Did you want to call to us to see them or just buy on the spot. You will get something good for 400. You can spend less also. We have new , some ex display and also some transport marked models ex Argos. All of these are heavily discounted.

The Vogue at 299 Euro is our biggest seller in that price range. It's twin side and very comfy.

Bigmickey.ie

Something better quality please.

Hi there

Tried to send you some offers but your message box is full. You can call or e mail info@bigmickey.ie or 086 8356888

Thanks

Bigmickey

gooner99 wrote: »
    Yeah I understand. Probably best to try them. I'll see if we can get a trip down soon. Otherwise I'll pm you as much detail as I can. Thanks.

Hi

We tried to answer your pm but it said your in box is full. We only had deliveries near you this morning so that was a pity.

Thanks

Bigmickey

HI there

Apologies for not getting back to you yesterday. We are really busy and some staff are away on holidays. I left it with our main manufacturer, You could go for a 600 pocket single sided matress. This would only be about 6 to 7 in deep and would be within the budget you stated but if you could stretch to 250 euro, we could get you a twin sided 1000 pocket model. This would be 11 to 12 inch deep. We have these in stock in normal size and could show you in advance of purchase. The size you require would be a custom made just for you.

Let me know you thoughts

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

thanks for your reply.
    is there a big difference in quality between 600 pocket and 1000 pocket?
    what is the benefit of having a twin sided?
    could you also confirm if possible maker, materials and warranty.

Thanks

• Advertisement

thanks for your reply.
    is there a big difference in quality between 600 pocket and 1000 pocket?
    what is the benefit of having a twin sided?
    could you also confirm if possible maker, materials and warranty.

Thanks

The 1000 pocket will be almost twice the depth of the 600 pocket. The benefit of a twin side is generally that if you can turn it then you will get a longer life out of it. The mattress will have a 5 year warranty. I have two manufacturers in mind at this stage and they are factories that we have worked with for more than 7 years. No problems with any of their products.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Hi laura99

Did you want to call to us to see them or just buy on the spot. You will get something good for 400. You can spend less also. We have new , some ex display and also some transport marked models ex Argos. All of these are heavily discounted.

The Vogue at 299 Euro is our biggest seller in that price range. It's twin side and very comfy.

Bigmickey.ie

Hoping to buy on the spot but considering making a trip over, bit of a trek from where we are. Are the discounted ones on display too?

Will look up the vogue one now.

The 1000 pocket will be almost twice the depth of the 600 pocket. The benefit of a twin side is generally that if you can turn it then you will get a longer life out of it. The mattress will have a 5 year warranty. I have two manufacturers in mind at this stage and they are factories that we have worked with for more than 7 years. No problems with any of their products.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Thanks again.

can i ask you a few more question.
    if i go for a size 80 x 190 instead or 75 x 190. is it easier to source? would it save me any money?
    once the ordered is placed, how long does it take to deliver it?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Looking for a triple sleeper with decent enough mattresses for kids and guests. Maybe the Vogue?
    What price and what colour frames do you have if any all in?

Thanks again.

can i ask you a few more question.
    if i go for a size 80 x 190 instead or 75 x 190. is it easier to source? would it save me any money?
    once the ordered is placed, how long does it take to deliver it?

You could be lucky and save a bit if I could find you some ready made ones, {75 x 190} in that size. I don't have any at the min but it is a size that we get from time to time.

We get loads from the factory every few days so depending on where delivery is to after that. Generally not long

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hoping to buy on the spot but considering making a trip over, bit of a trek from where we are. Are the discounted ones on display too?

Will look up the vogue one now.

Best is to give us a call and see what suits your needs best. All our stock is really well prices and some are seriously discounted. The display models will have a 35%/40% further discount on the already reduced prices.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Looking for a triple sleeper with decent enough mattresses for kids and guests. Maybe the Vogue?
    What price and what colour frames do you have if any all in?

Hi

We have or can get most types. Is it a full double, 4ft 6in or a small double, 4ft that you want. The vogue would be fine for the bottom bed but may be too deep for the top bunk as a small child could fall out and get hurt.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

You could be lucky and save a bit if I could find you some ready made ones, {75 x 190} in that size. I don't have any at the min but it is a size that we get from time to time.

We get loads from the factory every few days so depending on where delivery is to after that. Generally not long

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Thanks
    Delivery would be to Dublin.
    Please let me know the price and when they would be available,

Thanks
    Delivery would be to Dublin.
    Please let me know the price and when they would be available,

Which ones ?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Which ones ?

Thanks

please a quote for 2 mattress 75 cm x 190 cm delivered to Dublin.
    can you also provide specs.

Thanks

Advertisement