Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Hi there

Reading the description in your link it is hard to know exactly what is in that mattress but we would have similar 2000 pocket models for around 799-849 euro.

Our Crystal 2000 pocket or Coral 2000 pocket should be worth a look. A few lads on Boards noticed similar ones to these for over 2K euro in Harvey Norman but bought from us instead. No complaints to date. We will have many others also. None of our high end mattresses are the likes of what Harvey Norman charge.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

€2,200 for a bed??????

That's nuts.

That's not for a bed, that's only for the mattress. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That's not for a bed, that's only for the mattress. :)

My bad, then that's even worse again.

Wow people are stupid......

Kiith wrote: »
    bigmickey.ie,

We tried a few mattresses in Michael Murphy's at the weekend, to find the type that we liked, and seemed to settle on pocket sprung firm beds. The ones we liked were King Koil Spinal Tranquility, and Irish Legacy Advance Life Delux. Max budget of around €700 though, which could potentially be pushed up a bit if there was a significant improvement. Any recommendations for a super king firm/very firm mattress that would be available soon enough?

Had a look on Harvey Norman, and this seems similar to the Irish Legacy Advance Life Pocket 1600 - https://www.harveynorman.ie/bedroom/mattresses/vitality-natural-super-king-mattress-6ft.html

Hi Kiith

We have a big selection. If you want something really firm then our 2 in 1 is the firmest that we do. It is a turnable model. It is really firm on one side and a bit softer on the other side. We have on display. Generally in stock in all sizes. Price is 699 euro.

We have many others also.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Hi.

It looks like Silentnight created that label just for Harvey Norman. It appears to be a basic enough mattress with a pillow top. You can't turn it. We would have higher spec mattresses, that would be pocket sprung and turnable for less money than that Majestic model from Harvey Norman.

In the last two weeks we have had at least 20 guys from Boards that have read this thread after being in Harvey Norman and have all purchased from us. Hopefully they will start posting shortly on this thread about the quality and value for money that they got from us in comparison to Harvey Norman. The answer to your question is, We can supply far better quality mattresses for the type of price quoted in your link.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Thanks Mick, a visit to Longford is in order methinks! :)

• Advertisement

keredern wrote: »
    Thanks Mick, a visit to Longford is in order methinks! :)

You are more than welcome.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jayjbe

Hi BM team, wife has her eye on King Koil Extended life kingsize. What do you have in stock that would be similar? Also, she's looking at Harrison.

Budget is around e700. Medium firmness.

Cheers

jayjbe wrote: »
    Hi BM team, wife has her eye on King Koil Extended life kingsize. What do you have in stock that would be similar? Also, she's looking at Harrison.

Budget is around e700. Medium firmness.

Cheers

Have a few brand new Harrison and also a couple of Harrison (Contract- Hotel ) king mattresses. Plenty of others similar to King Koil. 700 euro will get you something nice. You would have to call to see them though.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dublinlush

Does anyone here have long-term experience with Harrison [Spinks] kingsize mattresses? Am thinking of getting one following a recommendation by a colleague but they haven't used it for very long and the UK online review sites are quite poor, i.e. they sag quite badly after a couple of months despite the 'joey' coil system and amount of pocket springs. Reports of ridges and valleys etc... Any views? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jayjbe

Have a few brand new Harrison and also a couple of Harrison (Contract- Hotel ) king mattresses. Plenty of others similar to King Koil. 700 euro will get you something nice. You would have to call to see them though.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Thanks. What model and price and Harrisons are in stock? We're in Waterford so a long spin up!

What mattress would you recommend similar to King Koil Extended life?

Cheers

• Advertisement

dublinlush wrote: »
    Does anyone here have long-term experience with Harrison [Spinks] kingsize mattresses? Am thinking of getting one following a recommendation by a colleague but they haven't used it for very long and the UK online review sites are quite poor, i.e. they sag quite badly after a couple of months despite the 'joey' coil system and amount of pocket springs. Reports of ridges and valleys etc... Any views? Thanks!

If it's sagging very badly after just a couple of months then your colleague should insist on a replacement. Has he/she complained to the shop where it was bought ? They have a 10 year warranty. We are not official stockists anymore but any issues that we had when we used stock them were honoured quite quickly but then we would not allow it to be any other way. Our customer always comes first regardless. Tell your colleague to get on to the shop or on to Harrison Spinks directly on 0044 1132055200 . Most times when issues like this arise, you will find it's the retailer that could not be bother to deal with the issue.

Regards

Mick

jayjbe wrote: »
    Thanks. What model and price and Harrisons are in stock? We're in Waterford so a long spin up!

What mattress would you recommend similar to King Koil Extended life?

Cheers

We only have around 10 or so in stock. Some are around 10,000 pocket and some 14,000. We still get a few on and off. I will have to check for you. We are actually delivering a few beds in Waterford and Cork tomorrow. We go to Waterford most weeks.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dublinlush

If it's sagging very badly after just a couple of months then your colleague should insist on a replacement. Has he/she complained to the shop where it was bought ? They have a 10 year warranty. We are not official stockists anymore but any issues that we had when we used stock them were honoured quite quickly but then we would not allow it to be any other way. Our customer always comes first regardless. Tell your colleague to get on to the shop or on to Harrison Spinks directly on 0044 1132055200 . Most times when issues like this arise, you will find it's the retailer that could not be bother to deal with the issue.

Regards

Mick

Thanks very much for the advice BM. Appreciate your response. Makes total sense if there's a 10yr warranty that they get onto the company directly.

dublinlush wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the advice BM. Appreciate your response. Makes total sense if there's a 10yr warranty that they get onto the company directly.

If the shop where it was bought were any good then they should not have to. The shop would be able to get that resolved very easily and to be fair to Harrison they would not want an unhappy customer and especially if it's a faulty mattress. I have every belief if handled properly they will get a replacement free of charge. PM us if you need any assistance.

Thanks

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

A big thank you to Mick, Fiona and the team.

I ordered the Diamond 2000 last Saturday and it was delivered on Wednesday.

Prompt updates from the team wrt delivery etc.

Very comfortable so far, albeit only 2 nights sleeps, and maybe a bit early to say but my niggling shoulder pain doesn't seem as bad these mornings either, im a side sleeper.

oleras wrote: »
    A big thank you to Mick, Fiona and the team.

I ordered the Diamond 2000 last Saturday and it was delivered on Wednesday.

Prompt updates from the team wrt delivery etc.

Very comfortable so far, albeit only 2 nights sleeps, and maybe a bit early to say but my niggling shoulder pain doesn't seem as bad these mornings either, im a side sleeper.

Hi oleras

Thanks for your kind comments. Glad to hear you are happy so far. Thank you for the business.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Quick question on delivery, is there a way of selecting/choosing delivery dates?

I want to grab two of the john lewis 5000s before they're gone but not sure when the tenants will be home until their shift is published on Monday.

Quick question on delivery, is there a way of selecting/choosing delivery dates?

I want to grab two of the john lewis 5000s before they're gone but not sure when the tenants will be home until their shift is published on Monday.

Hi $hifty,

Where is delivery to? We can work with your tenants to arrange a suitable delivery day. Once you put through the order, the mattresses will be reserved for you.

Thanks

BigMickey Team

Delivery to Dublin 9.

So if I put through the order I can then contact and select dates or give their details so delivery can be arranged?

(Thanks for the quick response, by the way)

Delivery to Dublin 9.

So if I put through the order I can then contact and select dates or give their details so delivery can be arranged?

(Thanks for the quick response, by the way)

Hi $hifty,

On the order form you will see a box for Notes, so in there you can provide the tenants contact numbers and I will contact them directly to arrange delivery. We deliver in Dublin nearly every day so it shouldn't be difficult to find a suitable delivery day and time.

Regards

BigMickey Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Hi bigmickey I'm looking for a single bed and mattress. Child's first bed so a mattress suitable for a child, open to divan or frame. Any recommendations? Don't want to spend a fortune. Would need delivery to Dublin. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Marty101

Hi,

I am looking for child's bunk beds and 2x mattress.

Also looking for;
    Superking bed frame and decent quality medium softness mattress to suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mok

Hi bigmickey, am looking for a child's high or mid sleeper with a desk underneath, also a mattress to go with it if possible?

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Hi bigmickey I'm looking for a single bed and mattress. Child's first bed so a mattress suitable for a child, open to divan or frame. Any recommendations? Don't want to spend a fortune. Would need delivery to Dublin. Thanks

Hi annoyedgal

A divan will work out easier on your pocket. We have a fairly decent divan with a mattress that you can turn for 199 euro. We sell big quantities of these for rental and spare rooms. If you have a bigger budget then the Vogue at 299 euro is a much higher quality bed. Free delivery to Dublin. If you need any further information just give us a call. 086 8356888 / 043 3345488

Marty101 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for child's bunk beds and 2x mattress.

Also looking for;
    Superking bed frame and decent quality medium softness mattress to suit.

We have plenty of both.

Solid wood bunk beds in white that splits in to 2 single beds if required with a reversible ladder including 2 mattresses for 399 euro.

We have a few superking oak frames from 399 euro. These are high quality. I think only 2 left . Superking mattresses from 250 upwards but you would have to spend a bit more to get a high quality model. Give a call or pm your number and we can send images. 086 8356888/ 043 3345488

We have over 200 Superking mattresses always in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Hi Mick,

Looking for a King Coil Original in superking (mighty range in hn). You have this or similar and what price are they at?

Thanks in advance

Rory

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

Looking for a King Coil Original in superking (mighty range in hn). You have this or similar and what price are they at?

Thanks in advance

Rory

2279 Euro, My God ! Dick Turpin wore a mask :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I sent you a PM.

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Hi BigMicky team

After 2 weeks with the vogue I have to say it's a great mattress, firm, supportive and comfortable.

Also found it hillareous when delivery guy called saying he's from BigMicky with a delivery for me, felt like an episode of carry on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Hi there bigmickey!

I'm looking for a standard double bed with base and mattress. The mattress has to be durable and firm.

Do you have anything in stock that might suit? Do you have priced for bed bases and mattresses seperately? Do you have bed bases with drawers?

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ColKel

Looking for a double mattress for a teenager. What do you have available at the moment? Thanks

Advertisement