Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

Yes, I'm sure we could work to that. I would recommend mattresses that can be turned We can show you one in a normal size in advance so that you will see the quality of what you would be getting before you part with your money. Where would delivery be to ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Thanks
    Delivery would be to Dublin.

Could you send a few of links with specs and prices when you get the chance.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

cargen wrote: »
    Thanks
    Delivery would be to Dublin.

Could you send a few of links with specs and prices when you get the chance.

Thanks

Hi cargen

Will do over the weekend or Monday at the latest It won't be a link as they will be made especially for you but I can get you the spec on them to have a look at

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jock 1

Hi Mick
    Just wondering what you would have in a king size mattress something equivalent to the king koil millinium deluxe in Harvey Norman’s and what price please , would travel down to test if you have a similar mattress .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Hi Tickers

Is it 80cm X 200cm long but regardless we sell every type and size as we sell a lot of custom size mattresses on a daily basis

Bigmickeyie Team

Yes, it's 80cm x 200cm long. Do you have some on your website I can look at?

Yes, it's 80cm x 200cm long. Do you have some on your website I can look at?

Hi again

That size is a special order but start from 80 euro upwards and all our reqular line mattresses can be made in this size.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Hiya Mick,

My mother's looking at this mattress https://www.harveynorman.ie/bedroom/mattresses/double-mattress/beckett-mattress-double.html but after what you said before about Dublin prices I'm guessing that isn't as good a deal as it sounds.

What'd be your comparable model/price please?

B0jangles wrote: »
    Hiya Mick,

My mother's looking at this mattress https://www.harveynorman.ie/bedroom/mattresses/double-mattress/beckett-mattress-double.html but after what you said before about Dublin prices I'm guessing that isn't as good a deal as it sounds.

What'd be your comparable model/price please?

Hi B0jangles

Here are the features of the mattress in the link :

Made in Ireland
    Available in single, double, king size
    5 year warranty
    Perimeter wire frame edge support
    Micro quilted surface cover
    13.5G open coil spring system
    Non-turn mattress
    Exclusive to Harvey Norman

We sell a mattress like this the whole year round for 199 euro and ours is filled on both sides unlike the one in Harvey Norman which you can't turn. If you were intending in spending 299 euro then I would recommend The Vogue which is a tufted Orthopedic mattress and filled both sides for only 299 also. it's 10 inches deep and we have well over ten thousand of them sold without a single fault or return. Here is it's link

https://bigmickey.ie/product/irish-beds-vogue-orthopaedic-mattress/

Compare the two images and that should give you a good idea for starters.

Free nationwide delivery and fast. Delivery to Dublin this Tuesday if need be.

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Hi B0jangles

Here are the features of the mattress in the link :

Made in Ireland
    Available in single, double, king size
    5 year warranty
    Perimeter wire frame edge support
    Micro quilted surface cover
    13.5G open coil spring system
    Non-turn mattress
    Exclusive to Harvey Norman

We sell a mattress like this the whole year round for 199 euro and ours is filled on both sides unlike the one in Harvey Norman which you can't turn. If you were intending in spending 299 euro then I would recommend The Vogue which is a tufted Orthopedic mattress and filled both sides for only 299 also. it's 10 inches deep and we have well over ten thousand of them sold without a single fault or return. Here is it's link

Compare the two images and that should give you a good idea for starters.

Free nationwide delivery and fast. Delivery to Dublin this Tuesday if need be.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hi Mick,

thanks for the fast answer! I'll pass it on asap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Hi Team
    We are thinking of driving up from Dublin today . One question please , do you take the old bed away when you deliver ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Hi.
    Looking for a superking for ourselves and double for teenager.
    Mattress only.
    The Hilton 2000.
    1. Why is it promoted as a hotel mattress? What does that mean for a private buyer in terms of spec?
    2. Can this mattress be turned?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Hi Team
    We are thinking of driving up from Dublin today . One question please , do you take the old bed away when you deliver ?

Yes. we can take it away and we send to an authorised recycling center.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Hi.
    Looking for a superking for ourselves and double for teenager.
    Mattress only.
    The Hilton 2000.
    1. Why is it promoted as a hotel mattress? What does that mean for a private buyer in terms of spec?
    2. Can this mattress be turned?
    Thanks

The Hilton 2000

Hi Andrea B

Many years ago we (Bigmickey.ie) had a mattress called The Hilton that was very successful for us. Sometime later a mattress called The Hilton 2000 (which unlike our twin sided Hilton model is a non turn model) arrived on the market. There were good reviews about our Hilton and customers would phone from all over the country looking for it and then customers were getting the two different Hilton mattresses mixed up. The Hilton 2000 was and still is on a number of Irish Websites and still is proclaiming to have a full 2000 pocket sprung unit inside. Some websites just listed it as Hilton 2000 with a vague description.

What would you or anyone else immediately think if you saw a label on a mattress saying Hilton 2000 Pocket Sprung Mattress ?? I think you would automatically think it's saying it has 2000 springs in it or are they ? To make long story short, In early 2017 I sent one of our staff in to a shop in Dublin (Big name , known in nearly every household in Dublin at this stage) to buy a Hilton 2000 mattress. The sales person stated that it had 2000 pocket springs in it. Took it home, It felt extremely light compared to any of our own 2000 pocket models. The following week I was going to UK so I brought this Hilton 2000 to one of our suppliers in the UK and asked them to open in up to see what was inside. On the 23/1/17 they done this in front of me and surprise surprise the mattress, which was a double size only had around 600 springs in it. I still have the actual mattress in my possession and I have countless images of the mattress both opened and closed all dated 23/1/17. I don't know if the manufacturer has increased the amount of springs in that mattress in the meantime either but i doubt it but I certainly think at that time I felt it was totally misleading as anyone that phoned us looking for a price on one of these Hilton 2000 models believed that there was a full 2000 springs in a king size model of which all spring counts are based on.

Perhaps I should buy another one this week and check it out also. Finally, Hotel mattresses have to meet a way higher fire standard that domestic made mattresses. I see some sellers on Facebook and Done Deal advertising their mattresses as Hotel mattresses and clearly they are not fit for hotel use. It is just been used as a selling point. We sell many mattresses to hotels. Some hotels buy average quality and some buy really high quality models so what defines a "hotel mattress" ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Thanks.
    So it can be turned and is good for domestic?

The Hilton 2000

Hi Andrea B

Many years ago we (Bigmickey.ie) had a mattress called The Hilton that was very successful for us. Sometime later a mattress called The Hilton 2000 (which unlike our twin sided Hilton model is a non turn model) arrived on the market. There were good reviews about our Hilton and customers would phone from all over the country looking for it and then customers were getting the two different Hilton mattresses mixed up. The Hilton 2000 was and still is on a number of Irish Websites and still is proclaiming to have a full 2000 pocket sprung unit inside. Some websites just listed it as Hilton 2000 with a vague description.

What would you or anyone else immediately think if you saw a label on a mattress saying Hilton 2000 Pocket Sprung Mattress ?? I think you would automatically think it's saying it has 2000 springs in it or are they ? To make long story short, In early 2017 I sent one of our staff in to a shop in Dublin (Big name , known in nearly every household in Dublin at this stage) to buy a Hilton 2000 mattress. The sales person stated that it had 2000 pocket springs in it. Took it home, It felt extremely light compared to any of our own 2000 pocket models. The following week I was going to UK so I brought this Hilton 2000 to one of our suppliers in the UK and asked them to open in up to see what was inside. On the 23/1/17 they done this in front of me and surprise surprise the mattress, which was a double size only had around 600 springs in it. I still have the actual mattress in my possession and I have countless images of the mattress both opened and closed all dated 23/1/17. I don't know if the manufacturer has increased the amount of springs in that mattress in the meantime either but i doubt it but I certainly think at that time I felt it was totally misleading as anyone that phoned us looking for a price on one of these Hilton 2000 models believed that there was a full 2000 springs in a king size model of which all spring counts are based on.

Perhaps I should buy another one this week and check it out also. Finally, Hotel mattresses have to meet a way higher fire standard that domestic made mattresses. I see some sellers on Facebook and Done Deal advertising their mattresses as Hotel mattresses and clearly they are not fit for hotel use. It is just been used as a selling point. We sell many mattresses to hotels. Some hotels buy average quality and some buy really high quality models so what defines a "hotel mattress" ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Thanks.
    So it can be turned and is good for domestic?

No , The Hilton 2000 can't be turned according to what I am reading on other web sites. We don't stock it as it implied there was 2000 pocket springs in it and when we opened one in 2017 we found that there was only around 600 pocket springs in the double model.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Sorry. My confusion.
    Is this your websire?
    https://www.mattressmick.ie/collections/mattresses/products/hilton-2000-pocket-sprung-mattress?variant=32668230794

No , The Hilton 2000 can't be turned according to what I am reading on other web sites. We don't stock it as it implied there was 2000 pocket springs in it and when we opened one in 2017 we found that there was only around 600 pocket springs in the double model.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Sorry. I see confusion.
    What would you recommend from your stock?

No. Our website is www.bigmickey.ie

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

We have a Respa Spiral Supreme.
    High coil count
    12.5 gauge spring.
    Hate it.

Want something comfier pocket sprung.
    Any recommendation on pocket sprung?
    1 super king and 1 double.

No. Our website is www.bigmickey.ie

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

High coil count
    12.5 gauge spring.
    Hate it.

Which is your preference

Soft Medium or Firm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

What's the best king size mattress in the €300 to €400 price range?

Looking for something comfortable but not too soft

• Advertisement

reni10 wrote: »
    What's the best king size mattress in the €300 to €400 price range?

Looking for something comfortable but not too soft

The Vogue Orthopaedic at 349 euro should work.

This mattress has fillings on both sides so you can turn it. Well over 10,000 of them sold without any issues. If you want to see it before you buy it then that can be arranged.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

High coil count
    12.5 gauge spring.
    Hate it.

Sent you a pm with some options.

Thanks

Hi

I’m wondering what mattresses you would have in king size , preferably pocket sprung soft high quality , something comparable to a king koil millinium deluxe or the centenary from Harvey Norman’s without the extortionate price tag don’t mind paying a reasonable sum on a very good mattress but those prices are a bit extreme

Cheers

Hi jock 1

We never charge those type of prices that you see in Harvey Norman. We have plenty of high end mattresses at discount prices. Recently some of the range that we carry got a face lift and we have certain models left at a big discount. Also have some brand new Harrison 10/14k models and have a few Harrison Contract models (Hotel) that we are clearing. Could you call to us to see what we have. You should be able to get something to suit you and at a serious bargain

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mccartj5

Hi Mick,

Was in Harvey Norman today and seen what was being advertised as the King Koil Millennium De Luke. Incredibly comfortable but an eye watering €2759 sale price with a RRP €4599!

Unsurprisingly cannot find it when googled and it's not ok on the HN site.

Obviously don't trust that and wouldn't pay it but would love to get something with similar quality and softness at a more reasonable price.

Would you have something like this?

Thanks

Hi jock 1

We never charge those type of prices that you see in Harvey Norman. We have plenty of high end mattresses at discount prices. Recently some of the range that we carry got a face lift and we have certain models left at a big discount. Also have some brand new Harrison 10/14k models and have a few Harrison Contract models (Hotel) that we are clearing. Could you call to us to see what we have. You should be able to get something to suit you and at a serious bargain

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Thanks For the reply

I’ll definitely drop down to see what you have , are you open sundays ? Hope to get down in the next weekend or two .

mccartj5 wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

Was in Harvey Norman today and seen what was being advertised as the King Koil Millennium De Luke. Incredibly comfortable but an eye watering €2759 sale price with a RRP €4599!

Unsurprisingly cannot find it when googled and it's not ok on the HN site.

Obviously don't trust that and wouldn't pay it but would love to get something with similar quality and softness at a more reasonable price.

Would you have something like this?

Thanks

Hi

From what I gather, these labels are put on these mattresses just for Harvey Norman and it's not just done with mattresses, it is the practice with a range of goods. You won't find those names on any search engine except in Harvey Norman. There is a saying with the older generation in Ireland " It's easy to part with a fool and his money" We don't seem to have any of those fools coming in to our shop in Longford

Guide line : You will get something from us along the quality you mention from 699 euro to 999 euro

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

jock 1 wrote: »
    Thanks For the reply

I’ll definitely drop down to see what you have , are you open sundays ? Hope to get down in the next weekend or two .

Yes, OPEN every Sunday 12 to 5pm but you can arrange a visit outside these hours as well.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mccartj5

Hi

From what I gather, these labels are put on these mattresses just for Harvey Norman and it's not just done with mattresses, it is the practice with a range of goods. You won't find those names on any search engine except in Harvey Norman. There is a saying with the older generation in Ireland " It's easy to part with a fool and his money" We don't seem to have any of those fools coming in to our shop in Longford

Guide line : You will get something from us along the quality you mention from 699 euro to 999 euro

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Sounds good to me. Would I need to come to your store in Longford? I'm based in Dublin

• Advertisement

mccartj5 wrote: »
    Sounds good to me. Would I need to come to your store in Longford? I'm based in Dublin

Hi

That would be best. We are only about an hour or so from Lucan. We are easy to find as we are on the main N4 Dublin to Sligo road

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Advertisement