Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Are you sure it's no data roaming is included. I enquired about this today in store and was told free eu roaming was included.

None according to their website, no EU roaming on prepay but it is on the sim only plans. They are having a sale on both atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

None according to their website, no EU roaming on prepay but it is on the sim only plans. They are having a sale on both atm.

Well their instore and online deals could be different. There's no mention at all of it being included or not in the terms and conditions of the instore offer.

https://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/payg-switch/

I assume it is subject to the same rules though as it is basically just a price reduction on an existing bundle? I had to put some credit on to set up my voicemail so I'll try it in London and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

I dropped into a store to enquire about this offer, and seen a poster advertising EirMobile Advantage Mobile, Unlimited Sim Only 30 day rolling contract,
    Offers unlimited landline/mobile calls,
    Unlimited any network texts,
    15gb of national data,
    1500 minutes to the uk,
    1500 roaming minutes (uk,eu & USA)
    1gb of roaming data (U.K.,eu & usa)
    All for €20 ex Vat (was €30 ex vat)
    It's a business plan but I was informed no vat no. is required.
    Seems like a good offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Regarding the meteor plan posted from the first poster ....with unlimited mobile and landline calls just being local ones to landlines here can i just buy say 10 euro meteor credit so that i can make calls to UK or USA,thanks.

• Advertisement

damon5 wrote: »
    Regarding the meteor plan posted from the first poster ....with unlimited mobile and landline calls just being local ones to landlines here can i just buy say 10 euro meteor credit so that i can make calls to UK or USA,thanks.

Yes you'll have to top up to make out of bundle calls.

Grand i,m assuming that it carries over from month to month whatever credit hasnt been used..

damon5 wrote: »
    Grand i,m assuming that it carries over from month to month whatever credit hasnt been used..

Yes, correct.

Yes, correct.

Nice one,cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Is this supposed to be available in all B&M shops?

I rang my local and they hadn't a clue about it.

Thanks

• Advertisement

I went into two meteor shops today and they said there is no deals going on with the 30 euro prepay simplicity plan being available for 20 euro in the shops.Was told i could get the sim only 30 day contract Super extra4G that is the same but also has the FREE eu roaming for 25 euro a month,checked the small print and it said that price was for 6 months so wondering is the price going to rise after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

The one on offer at 25 euro pm is for 12 months then goes to 30 euro. The sim only plan on offer for 20 euro is that price for 6 months and then goes up to 25 euro to the best of my knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Signed up for this today. If the staff don't know about it have a look at the TV's in the shop they're displaying the offer and show them it​.

Guy in shop said it was 20 for the first month then it would be 30 after that.

Too much conflicting information on this offer so I have set up a thread in the talk to meteor forum. Hopefully we will be better informed tomorrow.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057722080

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Signed up for this today. If the staff don't know about it have a look at the TV's in the shop they're displaying the offer and show them it​.

Guy in shop said it was 20 for the first month then it would be 30 after that.

Was never told anything about the 20 for the first month then it would be 30 after that in the two shops by any member of staff,ah well ...

Too much conflicting information on this offer so I have set up a thread in the talk to meteor forum. Hopefully we will be better informed tomorrow.

If only i would have had that link today when in the meteor shop,the employee was having none of it .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭torrevieja

I was talking to a guy last night who works in Meteor and he told me that offer was for life so much so i went to his shop today and signed up .

But my question would be if this is true is it just a matter of topping up by 20 every month and if you do it online it says : Don't forget to choose your top up deal before you top up. but if that deal is not there to choose what do u do ?

FrostyJim - I'm currently roaming on EE. It is being charged alright, though I did get several hours of free 4G data before they gave me a sign in pop up to accept data roaming charges :D

FrostyJim - I'm currently roaming on EE. It is being charged alright, though I did get several hours of free 4G data before they gave me a sign in pop up to accept data roaming charges :D

What exactly does that mean roaming is that when ur abroad ?
    When I'm away I can accept calls from ireland for free

torrevieja wrote: »
    What exactly does that mean roaming is that when ur abroad ?
    When I'm away I can accept calls from ireland for free

Abroad, I'm. In the UK, it is 1.4c a minute to recieve calls.

• Advertisement

I have another meteor sim and its free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Got this text this morning

Switch back to Meteor and get UNLIMITED access to YouTube, Social Networks and Messaging, plus 15GB Data & Unlimited any network calls and texts for €25 a month! Visit https://store.meteor.ie/sim-only-plans or go in store to get this offer now. T&Cs apply. €25 for 6 months, €30 thereafter. To opt out free text CANCEL to 50100. The Meteor team

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

They replied but it doesn't clear anything up at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

here you have clarification

can somebody tell how Three payg plan will change now? I can't reach this information on their website, it seems to be a bug o something

I rang meteor Dundrum the guy was adamant it is 20 till u change the plan he said its in the terms and conditions in website
    Ring Dundrum

faral wrote: »
    here you have clarification

can somebody tell how Three payg plan will change now? I can't reach this information on their website, it seems to be a bug o something

Three PAYG is changing to top up every 28 days and no more unlimited weekend minutes from April 3rd. Three like home is also going, instead there is a 1 gig allowance in Europe.

faral wrote: »

But what does that clarify? It doesn't mention how long you will get the discount for or data roaming or if it's available in all stores or only selected ones.

I was told in store that it included eu data roaming, Emma from talk to meteor tells me it doesn't. One person was told the deal is for life, another told its only the first month. Emma from meteor dodged the question. And whether it should be available nationwide or just selected stores should be information that a "Talk to meteor" forum can answer. Seems not.

They really don't do themselves any favours with customer support like that.

Have their brochure phone mag in front of me and the simplicity prepay plans dont have free EU roaming the SIM only plans 30 day plans have it,i too would like to know how long the deal is for and when will they pull the plug ...

as i already told u lads ring dundrum meteor record what he is saying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

torrevieja wrote: »
    I rang meteor Dundrum the guy was adamant it is 20 till u change the plan he said its in the terms and conditions in website
    Ring Dundrum
    Yeah,I rang Patrick St cork,guy there also verified remains e20 as long as u don't break plan,

Advertisement