Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Went back to one of the meteor shops today that had said there was no such 30 euro simplicity deal for 20 untill the end of march,the guy that i had dealt with wasnt there so was talking to another employer.Low and behold as a couple of OP,s Lucas Hood Andthephantomsmask had mentioned its displayed on the lcd display the lcd display was 9ft away from us showing the deal on display,got the deal and ported in 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

I'm with eir mobile, are they considered a different network, so I'd be able to port to meteor or are they all the one?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

AdamB wrote: »
    I'm with eir mobile, are they considered a different network, so I'd be able to port to meteor or are they all the one?

Separate networks.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Separate networks.

Just called into the shop there, and was told you cannot port from eir to meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Just called into the shop there, and was told you cannot port from eir to meteor.

My bad! :o That's news to me.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

I just went onto the meteor website on the chat thing there i asked if your with eir can you port to meteor and go on to a simplicity plan assuming thats what you were looking to do.They said yes that you need to buy a meteor sim card and they will help you to port over ....

Just thought would i be right in saying that you will need a sim free phone or that you are able to unlock your eir phone to the meteor network .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭DopeTech

damon5 wrote: »
    Just thought would i be right in saying that you will need a sim free phone or that you are able to unlock your eir phone to the meteor network .

It would need to be unlocked or have a sim free phone. Meteor and eir Sims don't automatically work in each others phones.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

FrostyJim wrote: »
    It would need to be unlocked or have a sim free phone. Meteor and eir Sims don't automatically work in each others phones.

You sure about that Jim, Ive seen a good few iphones on Eir network which took a meteor sim but wouldn't take a three sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Aquos76 wrote: »
    You sure about that Jim, Ive seen a good few iphones on Eir network which took a meteor sim but wouldn't take a three sim.

No, but they are seen as two different networks. Definitely with some phones they are locked to one and sims from the other cannot be used in them. Perhaps iPhones are different?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I dropped into a store to enquire about this offer, and seen a poster advertising EirMobile Advantage Mobile, Unlimited Sim Only 30 day rolling contract,
    Offers unlimited landline/mobile calls,
    Unlimited any network texts,
    15gb of national data,
    1500 minutes to the uk,
    1500 roaming minutes (uk,eu & USA)
    1gb of roaming data (U.K.,eu & usa)
    All for €20 ex Vat (was €30 ex vat)
    It's a business plan but I was informed no vat no. is required.
    Seems like a good offer.

Anyone else went for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭torrevieja

I think they are together

Lads it just shows you these companies really don't know what there left hand is doing , that sort of an answer is poor, Don't give an Answer if your not sure...:rolleyes:

torrevieja wrote: »
    Lads it just shows you these companies really don't know what there left hand is doing , that sort of an answer is poor, Don't give an Answer if your not sure...:rolleyes:

Very true so why not go on to the meteor website and do the chat thing and ask them the question if your with eir can you port to meteor to see does the answer differ from what i was told on the chat this evening,be interested to hear the outcome.... ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

FrostyJim wrote: »
    No, but they are seen as two different networks. Definitely with some phones they are locked to one and sims from the other cannot be used in them. Perhaps iPhones are different?

This isn't true.

I've bought meteor phones for emobile sims and no issue whatsoever. Also meteor customers can call emobile as part of bundle allowance in my experience.

Very true so why not go on to the meteor website and do the chat thing and ask them the question if your with eir can you port to meteor to see does the answer differ from what i was told on the chat this evening,be interested to hear the outcome.... ...

Do u really think they know after the last question we asked,

torrevieja wrote: »
    Do u really think they know after the last question we asked,

I was just wondering would the answer be the same,anyway imagine going into an electrical parts supply shop looking for a component that will be fitted in your house and all the staff came back with differant advise acting like headless chickens..

I just went onto the meteor website on the chat thing there i asked if your with eir can you port to meteor and go on to a simplicity plan assuming thats what you were looking to do.They said yes that you need to buy a meteor sim card and they will help you to port over ....
    Yea, they would port you over to meteor from eir but I doubt you'd be eligible to avail of the €20 offer though as it's designed to poach new customers. I am tempted to port over to some other network and then port back to meteor though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

Yea, they would port you over to meteor from eir but I doubt you'd be eligible to avail of the €20 offer though as it's designed to poach new customers. I am tempted to port over to some other network and then port back to meteor though...
    Honestly ppl,was with meteor for 7 plus yrs,found them pleasant,and fairly savvy,but eir are different ,worst,most inept customer care I've ever had the misfortune to deal with,,,,eh,I'm gone from eir over 6 months,but still receive bills, couldn't find a beer in a bar,that mob.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

Eir and meteor have the same MNC so a phone locked to either will work on the other.

• Advertisement

I was just wondering would the answer be the same,anyway imagine going into an electrical parts supply shop looking for a component that will be fitted in your house and all the staff came back with differant advise acting like headless chickens..

Exactly

On this offer does it mean that just ""You tube ends"" but the Viber, Facebook Whats App will remain on ?

The offer will be automatically applied to eligible customers from 11th November. Unlimited access to YouTube will end 30th of June 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Switched today, liking the speeds compared to old o2 network with tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Switiched over myself today as well ( or back over I should say ). Very hassle free in store. Data speeds seem faster but I'll reserve full judgement for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

How do Meteor rate against Vodafone in your opinion?

I'm thinking of
    1) 4g speeds (Dublin suburbs)
    2) customer service / knowledge / ability to troubleshoot and fix issues
    3) network coverage in general across Ireland

To be honest I've just moved to Vodafone and judging by my personal experience I really don't rate them as highly as I'd thought going by other opinions in general.

In fact I'm quite disappointed with Vodafone already in less than a week being with them! Can anyone say the same about Meteor?

I used to be with Meteor in the 3g days and found them excellent to deal with. But things move fast. What about now since the Eir takeover?

biebiebie wrote: »

I'm thinking of

To be honest I've just moved to Vodafone and judging by my personal experience I really don't rate them as highly as I'd thought going by other opinions in general.

In fact I'm quite disappointed with Vodafone already in less than a week being with them! Can anyone say the same about Meteor?

I used to be with Meteor in the 3g days and found them excellent to deal with. But things move fast. What about now since the Eir takeover?
    Think their still a separate company, even though owned by eir,from my experience, meteor customer care were told, compared to the nightmarish EIR

biebiebie wrote: »

I'm thinking of

Think their still a separate company, even though owned by eir,from my experience, meteor customer care were tops, compared to the nightmarish EIR
    Should have read, customer care were good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Anyone check if its over or conveniently extended?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Just switched today in Blanch. Took about 5mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭micks_address

Just switched today in Blanch. Took about 5mins.

So might be able to do tomorrow to?

Advertisement