Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP Spheroid - First Impressions.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Funniest post ever! Been there :-)
    Have you pinched your skin with it screwing it back together? Thats great craic :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

No yet :D

I had enough go against me last night without adding blood to the mix! (although the ironing board incitement almost did)

Elbow wrote: »
    It was worth it in the end :D

Absolutely cracking bit of kit but takes some effort to get right, saying that i am slightly peeved off about having to take a brand new €100 atty to pieces to clean it!

They say on the site that every piece is cleaned by an ultrasonic machine...
    Reckon they need a new machine!!!!

You'd get two on amazon for the price of one atty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah, it really needs a clean when new and that's disappointing. I had an awful time getting my base open to clean it. Getting the filler right is a massive challenge too.

Great atty though......although 85 euro is a lot of cash....

• Advertisement

Yeah, it really needs a clean when new and that's disappointing. I had an awful time getting my base open to clean it. Getting the filler right is a massive challenge too.

Great atty though......although 85 euro is a lot of cash....

The base is a ****!

Its expensive but its doing a pretty damn good job of justifying itself every time I take a drag.

had it filled with GVC all day, took it apart when I got home from work and filled up with flavorz by Joe Mr brown....... Epic!

Had a crap week with mine. Couldn't get a decent coil OR the filler was too loose OR couldn't get it wicking right OR the draw was too tight.

To cap it all, I was away for a couple of days and some Halo and t-juice that I'd ordered didn't arrive so I only had cigarillos. Not really my fault as the wrong juice was shipped but typical timing of course. Cigarillos never really works out great for me on the spheroid, never mind when I couldn't get it to perform.

Juice came yesterday, found my coiling mojo again, got the filler right and back on track again.

That Halo malibu is lovely and so is t-juice tangerine dream but bloody hell, they stink the place up something terrible. Not good for stealth vaping....

I know it should be the other way around but I find the a7 slightly easier to coil than the spheroid. Think its because Ive had more practice with the a7, but when I tighten the wire in the spheroid and try and tidy up the coil the wire often becomes lose. I have to use a long nose pliers to give the thumb screw(or whatever its called) a slight pinch.
    Also getting the wire to come off the post in the proper place, i.e. as near to the coil as possible can be tricky.
    Its not hard to coil but not as easy as people make out imo.

Yeah, those thumbscrews are a pain. The Bulli uses screws and its so much easier.

Actually, posts with holes make things a lot easier. Screws and thumbscrews pull the wire unless its wound around the post before tightening down.

I suppose posts with holes don't have the flexibility of putting coils in different positions though.

Hows the jewel stuff working out? Ive had the same piece of wonderfoam in my a7 for the last couple of months and I reckon it needs changing soon. Thing is if I put it in the a7 I wont have enough left for the spheroid and vice-versa.
    I cant find wonderfoam anywhere, I found some craft shops that have wonderfoam but Im not sure if its the same stuff.

• Advertisement

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I found some craft shops that have wonderfoam but Im not sure if its the same stuff.

Grindle may be able to shed some light on this,

On a side note I've used nothing but the spheroid for the past 2 weeks, absolutely loving it, paired with the 16mm GUS mod it hits like a champ and looks so pretty!

I'm using sera wool actually. I've tried the blue foam (Juwel) and the white pad (Juwel) and they work okay but I've found that the sera works best for me. Takes a bit of practice to get it right but it works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Elbow wrote: »
    Grindle may be able to shed some light on this,

On a side note I've used nothing but the spheroid for the past 2 weeks, absolutely loving it, paired with the 16mm GUS mod it hits like a champ and looks so pretty!

Same here, since I got the spheroid it has dominated my vaping and with the wonderfoam it holds loads of liquid maybe 3ml.
    Would love to be able to buy more of it but just cant find it in the right size.
    The bridgeless 306 get a look in when tasting but the Nautilus, killer, rsst, a7oid are all just ornaments.

The Flavour Art guy has some wonderfoam I think if you're looking for some. I've seen some people using mesh as the filler too.

According to some guy on ecf the wonderfoam has to be made from polyether, not polyester and have a ppi (pours per inch I think) of 40-50.
    The craft shops that I have found dont give any of this info.

The Flavour Art guy has some wonderfoam I think if you're looking for some. I've seen some people using mesh as the filler too.

I checked the site today but I could only see white wool stuff but it was called V2???

I didn't know he had it on his site? I think you pm him on UKV and he sends some if you send an sae.

Actually it was the vapourart site I was looking at, I always get them mixed up
    :-) Im not on UKV or any other forums for that matter, guess Im gonna have to spread my wings!

Actually, now I know who you meant, not Vapour Art, Flavour Art I was talking about....

Heh heh....deuce....

The stuff on Vapour Art is a sheet form of sera and would be easy to use but at 15 euro DHL for a couple of euros of sera....

• Advertisement

Right, I've always struggled with that juwel pad. Could get it kind of right but needed to top up pretty regular to ensure good wicking.

Instead of just cutting a rectangle of suitable length and putting it in, I cut it and took the layers apart as thin as possible. Put 3 or 4 of them together and used them. Some difference. It's much less dense and it soaks up a heap of juice and feeds it well.

Advertisement