Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP Spheroid - First Impressions.

Options
  • 24-04-2013 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Received my GP Spheroid this morning. Nice tidy piece of kit and I can tell that it will never wear out in terms of build..........wouldn't want to either.

Put a hastily coiled wick and coil together using the 2mm wick supplied and 4/5 turns of 0.2 kanthal. I put the coil in on the diagonal across the airhole (like the A7). It is soooooo easy to put the coil in place compared to other rebuildables and you can finger tighten without the need for tools. I used the lassoo wick set up.

Getting the wool into the cone was a bit of a faff but I suppose it should last for ages and even at that it only took a few minutes. It holds a significant volume of juice as well.

The airflow seemed tight at first but I my wick was a bit close to the airhole so i moved it up and its much better - still a little bit on the tight side even just drawing through the atty with no battery. I might give it a clean out later just in case there's something in the air path.

Excellent vapour and the flavour is very good too. I need to spend a bit of time putting a better coil together later though - just wanted to get an initial impression and rushed it a bit.

One observation..............even using the 9mg nic I got a pretty strong headrush that I dont think I've ever gotten before from vaping. I actually felt slightly dizzy!

Looking forward to using this. Hopefully it will wick well from the wool. Thats where the weak point of the A7 and the Bulli has been for me.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

always wanted to try a spheroid, how much did it cost you in the end?

it can be used as a dripper to, cant it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

100 euro inc post......most that I've ever spent or intend to spend on kit to be honest.

Still a bit undecided on whether its worth it or not though. If I'm not blown away after a week of so I'll sell it.

It does deliver nic sensationally though. Don't know why but it really does.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

If I'm not blown away after a week of so I'll sell it.

Dibs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I think the guy who designed it got the idea from the chimney on his uncle's mill. If you need more wool you can get some in any pet shop...ask for aquarium filter wool and get the strips rather than the balls. Cotton works very well in it too. If you decide to sell you'll have plenty of takers as they can't keep up with demand.

The draw is a bit tight on mine for some reason, it's okay but a bit tight. Biggest issue will be how well it wicks from the wool. I've never found that any of these things wick as well as I'd like.

I actually have some spare wool from the A7-oid anyway.

• Advertisement

lots of threads and advice on various forums about the draw, coiling, etc. You need to experiment to find a set-up you're satisfied with

Going to try it again tonight and if its not doing it for me, I'll sell tomorrow I think. Wicking is not great and the wool seems to be holding on to the juice. Fecking dripping has ruined me......

dude, don't be me
    give it a week at least :)

Amazed at how some guys in a seeming fit of frustration throw the hat at something they've just bought. Do your research, watch videos, find out how others have solved whatever problem you're having. Fair enough, it mightn't suit you but at least give it a decent chance to disappoint you.

Hah, I gave the spiral about 2 days as well I think. I think I either take to these things or don't.

It's a great piece if kit though. Easiest thing I've ever rebuilt without a shadow of doubt.

The juice doesn't seem to be wicking from the wool for me though? It's right in contact with it but just doesn't seem to be wicking right for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Wool isnt packed too tight by any chance?

Might be. I packed the whole lot in. Is that wrong?

Could be, with the a7 oid less is better.

I've adjusted the wick to a central coil with a loop at one end and 2 legs all contacting the wick and its improved a lot. I'll remove some wool later too, thanks.

The draw is quite stiff as well actually but I don't want to open the base.....might try wash it in case there's something stuck in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Guess I'll have to do that too. Even blowing strongly got some stuff out of one of the airholes in the base so Id better open her up and give a clean.

Feckin thing......you'd think it would be clean after paying so much for it???

I had mine asunder before I put a wick in it.
    different strokes

Impatience on my part.....

Anyway....I never learn.

However, I can't get the base off using a scissors and don't want to feck it up so I washed and blew it out. Much better. Pretty good actually. I'll use a cir clip pliers tomorrow.

I also discovered my wicking problem I think.......I cut the wool in 2 sections today and pushed them in separately. When I took them out this evening they were packed tight and all the juice had more or less gone into the drip tip sided piece....

Took out 1 of the 2 pieces and fluffed it up and filled it. How the hell much juice does it hold? Massive volume.

Anyway, made a nice coil using lassoo style and its vaping like a champ!! This baby ain't going anywhere I don't think!!

Am I wrong or does it seem to deliver more nic? I'd read it but didn't really believe it but I wouldn't be able to chain vape this thing. It would blow my head off!!

It says on the site some people have to drop their mg level, I find the same with the a7 and rsst compared to cartos, its like your getting more nic with each draw.

i heard people say the same about the clockworks rda before I got mine.. cant say I noticed anything

• Advertisement

This is amazing. You could not chain vape it. Flavour is amazing too. Really intense and just the right texture.

i heard people say the same about the clockworks rda before I got mine.. cant say I noticed anything

I dropped from 18 to 9 on the RDA. 9 seems a bit too much on the spheroid.

Well wear!!

Thanks......rocky start but looking up now. Was thinking of swapping for a killer and tank earlier today but if it keeps working like this I won't be selling or trading it.

Actually, I think I was stuffing too much wool into the A7 oid as well.....

As bubba said, if you can get some filter stuff from a pet shop and just put in enough to fill the space, you should be good to go.

Impatience on my part.....

Anyway....I never learn.

However, I can't get the base off using a scissors and don't want to feck it up so I washed and blew it out. Much better. Pretty good actually. I'll use a cir clip pliers tomorrow.

I also discovered my wicking problem I think.......I cut the wool in 2 sections today and pushed them in separately. When I took them out this evening they were packed tight and all the juice had more or less gone into the drip tip sided piece....

Took out 1 of the 2 pieces and fluffed it up and filled it. How the hell much juice does it hold? Massive volume.

Anyway, made a nice coil using lassoo style and its vaping like a champ!! This baby ain't going anywhere I don't think!!

Am I wrong or does it seem to deliver more nic? I'd read it but didn't really believe it but I wouldn't be able to chain vape this thing. It would blow my head off!!

it should come off easy enough once turn it the right way or is it the left way anyway remember its reverse threaded so it the other way! did you follow that cus im not sure now :}

oh and blue wonder foam is the bestist :)

Yeah, clockwise....I looked it up just to be sure. Probably need a tool the first time.

base is reverse threaded so it screws off clockwise. Best way (for me) is to put it on an old ego battery and it comes off a treat. If you're a bit rough with the coiling sometimes the posts will come a tiny bit loose and you need to open the base to tighten them up again and also an odd drop of liquid finds its way in there. Reckon you'll be hanging on to it now? As with most things in life, first impressions aren't always right:)

• Advertisement

No way am I selling this now......I was wrong.......

Awesome vape!

Edit: I cannot shift that base even using a cir clip pliers. Not sure how I'll shift it short of putting the base into a vice protected by cloth or something. No way will it move.

Advertisement