Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP Spheroid - First Impressions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

If you screw it onto a mod/PV and keep going the base should screw off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I tried it in a feckin vice (cushioned the upper base obviously) and it still wont shift!!
    I'd be afraid to attach it to a battery and screw the whole thing in case I bind the top and using the vice didn't work earlier anyway. I might try heat it in hot water - suggested somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

or freeze it first then hot water

It should not be that hard. Are you sure your turning it the right way. If screw it on to a mod and keep turning that is the correct direction to unscrew the base. Try it without tools and you won't do any damage. And you won't bind it with just your hand. You should be able to get the base off the mod by screwing the top back on.

Got it......used a pliers to hold the posts......was afraid I might damage it but that worked easily enough....

Edit: I see there's no wires. Pure mechanical. Nice.

• Advertisement

Thought I'd give an update in the spheroid. I adore it.

Wicking and coiling is easy. The only thing that took me a few days to figure out was the amount of wool to use. I put the whole lot in when I got it first and was topping off a good bit cos I was getting dry hits. Removed about half it and it was much better. Removed about half of that again and its wicking amazingly now. Looked like I had hardly any wool in there but it's working a treat and the wool holds onto the juice but is happy to get rid of it to the wick as well. I have so little in there I'm amazed that it doesn't dump the juice but it doesn't.

In hindsight the Bulli in cart mode might have worked better for me if I'd taken out a chunk of wool from the cart as well.

This is some piece of kit. The flavour is intense and the vapour is very 'full'. Can't believe the amount of vapour either......and I'm only using a little 650 Twist.

No leaks! Pocket friendly! Great investment.

Just as good I took your advice and stuck with it before making one massive mistake.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Less wool=more air pockets for juice to sit in, and I think less resistance for the juice to get from the wool to the wick.
    If you can get some "blue wonderfoam' try that, or some petshops have black stuff but the air pockets seem bigger in that so Im not sure how it works.
    You almost have me convinced to sell a kidney and buy one:-)
    Mind me asking, what ohm coil are you using at what voltage and does it use nr wire?

Not sure exactly what resistance but should be around 2 ohms based in previous ones. 1 fold of 2mm wick and 4 turns of 0.2 kanthal. Lassoo style. 1 loop which sits against the wool.

No need for any nr wire. The coil is just attached to the posts using knurled nuts. Easiest coil/wick ever to set up.

Another advantage is the base screws off and is easily cleaned if required. No wires at all. Holds a few mls of juice as well.

The hit off it is amazing.

It's outstandingly well built and will last forever Id imagine. Honestly, if you ever gets a chance to buy one of these, snap it up. I don't think you'll ever need to buy another atty. I was lucky cos I just happened to visit the site when they went up. They sell out very quickly.

Cost 85 euro but boy, was it worth every cent....

A freind has one but i think its an older version(not sure). I had a few drags on it and it was lovely but his juice wasnt my cup of tea.
    I must track him down and check it out a bit more.
    Its really the ego size thing that I like, pocket freindly, etc. I feel so liberated using the a7 with ego and having a decent vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

On a side note very few fish keepers that know buy the white filter wool from aquatic shops because of the price of it,a cheap tesco pillow that doesnt contain fire retardents is the same thing and you get a stack more and lasts for eons,for building mods a lifetime. :cool:

• Advertisement

Yeah, I have a stuffed toy here that the dog murdered and Im convinced its the same stuff, but its covered in dog slobber:-)
    Great tip btw!!!

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Yeah, I have a stuffed toy here that the dog murdered and Im convinced its the same stuff, but its covered in dog slobber:-)
    Great tip btw!!!

Loads of things out there are basicly stuffed with the same filling,most cheap pillows are cheap at the expence of fire retardents etc so have a good look at the packaging to make sure theres no retardents .....dog slobbers fine :)

I suppose you could just use some 701 cart filler too if you had some lying around. Presume its sera wool as well?

Just saw on a vaping website earlier and they recommended sera filter wool.never heard of the 701 cart filler..

I think it's the same stuff. The 701 carts are used in the Bulli classic which works on the same principles as the spheroid. You can attach the carts to a drip tip adaptor and screw in onto the cone. That way you never need to open the cone from the base.

Theres some sheep in the field next door...and I have a scissors........

Cut up a bit of blue foam today in work and gave it a wash in boiling water followed by a soak and squeeze using some neat VG. Fitted well in the atty and vaped well too.

Took it out after a while though.....just a bit concerned that it could be extracting some crap from the foam. Based on nothing but just seemed riskier than the sera wool.

Happy days, just got a belated birthday present off my sister and brother in law, they only just went and got me a brushed paps 2.1 and matching brushed spheroid:-) :-) :-) :-) :-D

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Happy days, just got a belated birthday present off my sister and brother in law, they only just went and got me a brushed paps 2.1 and matching brushed spheroid:-) :-) :-) :-) :-D

Any single sisters?

Any single sisters?

Yeah, but the single one is tight as f*ck ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

.....LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

that's some pressie, grats!

seans phone 2 867.jpg

sorry, couldnt resist showing off my new baby:D

What do you think of it???

I got 2mm with mine and it works well in lassoo mode. Probably have to use fingers to get the wick back in using 1mm wick.

Pity it's not fillable from the top.

What do you think of it???

I got 2mm with mine and it works well in lassoo mode. Probably have to use fingers to get the wick back in using 1mm wick.

Pity it's not fillable from the top.

Lovely piece of kit, havent got a chance to build it yet but it looks pretty simple. Same as you I had an ordeal trying to get the bottom cap off. Mine tasted very strongly of machine oil so I soaked it in hot water and washing up liquid but that didnt help.
    Then I tried to take off the bottom part to give it a good wash but Jesus, they must have some steroid munching assemblers. Did what heli and bubba said with an ego but still had to use a pliers like you on the posts, then I couldnt get the cap off the ego. Came very close to breaking a good ego but eventually got it off.
    One little gripe if any would be like you said about dripping, saw pbusardos attempt, 6 drops in, 2 out! Would also like to see a little drip well for dripping and holding wick.
    But what am I saying, I dont drip, its perfect!!!! Cant wait to build it!!!!! :-)
    Oh btw, finally cleaned it out properly, now it tastes of fairy liquid :-) but Im sure that will go after a few vapes.

Opening the base after the first time is straightforward. The first time is a devil.

I dont use it for dripping though. It performs as well as a dripper I find, but without having to drip. Probably better even due to the chimney and bell set up.

It's an outstanding bit of kit. Really robust and well engineered. The coil is really easy to assemble compared to the A7. Biggest problem is trying to get the amount of wool right. Not enough and it will flood but too much and it wont wick right. Get that sorted and you're done!

Wow, this spheroid really does kick ass. I thought some of the claims on the vapourart site were a bit ott but now I believe them. The same ohm wick and coil at the same voltage in an a7oid doesnt seem to give off anywhere near the same ftv, which is weird cause their basically the same thing!
    I presume it uses more juice per draw compared to the a7, it has to judging by the vapour production.
    The only thing Im finding a pain is getting the wicks back in after filling without getting juice all over my fingers( usa mix smells like wet dog when you get it on your fingers).
    I still wont take it out of the house though in case I drop/lose it! Strictly a7oid/ego for out and about.

I knew you'd have that problem with 1mm.......

You need to use 2mm and one loop. Won't need to touch it with your fingers then.

Im using 2mm silica with a short loop on one side and two short legs on the other, both turned up. The silica that came with it is definatly 1mm but I used my own 2mm cause you said it worked well.
    Are you saying that you cut off the two legs and just use the loop for wicking, like with the a7oid?

• Advertisement

Yeah, cut off the legs level with the outer base. You won't need to touch it then.

Advertisement