Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SONY WH-1000XM4 £259.99

Options
  • 28-10-2020 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Just ordered these on Currys UK by pricematching with a site called Pricelulu and getting them delivered to Parcel Motel.

If you email them the price match (Shopliveadmin@dixonscarphone.com) and a link to Pricelulu ( https://www.pricelulu.co.uk/sony-wh-1000xm4-wireless-noise-cancelling-headphones-black ) they should send on a code that'll take £89 off the price of the them.

Read this on HUKD a while back but they wouldn't price match then because Pricelulu had them listed as out of stock.

Edit: They're down to £240.99 on Pricelulu now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Can confirm. Just did this and just got emailed my code, the code expires tomorrow, so you get a day or two to actually pull the trigger and buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Just emailed them now, will update when I get a response. I was on the fence about buying these but that would be a fantastic price, only about £30 more expensive than the XM3's were going for recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Definitely, I cancelled my order of the XM3s. There isn't a huge difference between the two but it's nice to have the new features and this is a great saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

Thanks OP. Just emailed them now, hopefully get a code in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Just emailed them now, will update when I get a response. I was on the fence about buying these but that would be a fantastic price, only about £30 more expensive than the XM3's were going for recently.

How long did it take to get the code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Do these yokes come with a little bluetooth transmitter for the headphone jack of a pc/laptop?

coldfire1x wrote: »

I emailed them at half 10 and received the code at 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,245 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'm torn.

Got the amazon.de deal for the xm3s for 215.

Not sure if these are worth the extra 70 euro (some reviews had the xm3s preferable in some categories).

No code yet, they emailed at half 4 asking for a postcode so I have them the one for parcel motel. They want to ensure that the other company can also deliver to my location within 7 days. Won't hear back until the morning now I guess.

noodler wrote: »
    I'm torn.

Got the amazon.de deal for the xm3s for 215.

Not sure if these are worth the extra 70 euro (some reviews had the xm3s preferable in some categories).

Main difference is the XM3s support aptX while the XM4s have multipoint connectivity (connect to two devices), better mic and slightly better sound and noice cancelling if reviews are to believed. Few quality of life things like the sensor that pauses music when you remove them. Hard to say if it's worth an extra 70 but I figure I'll be future proofed when it comes to updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

is there an issue with Pricelulu that people aren't just purchasing on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭whizkid9

Currys UK need a UK phone number. I don't have one. May I know how you managed to send to parcel motel? do you know the phone number of parcel motel?

whizkid9 wrote: »
    Currys UK need a UK phone number. I don't have one. May I know how you managed to send to parcel motel? do you know the phone number of parcel motel?

I used a fake UK mobile number (from Google) as they wouldn't accept the PM number.
    walshy123 wrote: »
    is there an issue with Pricelulu that people aren't just purchasing on there?

HUKD have them listed as a suspended merchant. Unsure why, but it's handy that Currys will price match.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

I ended up ordering the black ones. I’m such an idiot hahaha, I much prefer the silver gold ones, didn’t even think to request a price match for those. I used parcel motel, and an online uk number.

No code yet, they emailed at half 4 asking for a postcode so I have them the one for parcel motel. They want to ensure that the other company can also deliver to my location within 7 days. Won't hear back until the morning now I guess.

I got the code and ordered the black one.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

JackCDSt wrote: »
    Main difference is the XM3s support aptX while the XM4s have multipoint connectivity (connect to two devices), better mic and slightly better sound and noice cancelling if reviews are to believed. Few quality of life things like the sensor that pauses music when you remove them. Hard to say if it's worth an extra 70 but I figure I'll be future proofed when it comes to updates.

As an XM3 owner I'd say it'd be worth the extra for the mulitpoint connectivity and improved mic alone

Nice one OP, got my code there after giving them the Parcel Motel postcode so they could confirm if I was eligible for a price match. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭SitUbuSit

I've emailed seeking price match this AM but nothing back yet.

Did everyone get the same discount code or is it a unique code? Could I try using someone else's who's already successfully ordered?

Please and thanks!

S

I was told it was a time limited unique code unfortunately. They seem very helpful though so hopefully they will get back to you today.

They're down to £240.99 on Pricelulu now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jayneemac

Thanks @JackCDSt - got the £89 discount

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

JackCDSt wrote: »
    They're down to £240.99 on Pricelulu now.

I've been debating getting these all morning...I've been convinced at 240£!
    :D

Just sent the email there. Thanks for the update!

ciara1052 wrote: »

No worries! I'm enquiring about getting a refund for the difference for those who have ordered already so I'll keep you all updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hmm wonder should I sell my XM3s and upgrade to these

ciara1052 wrote: »

Did you get for £240 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

I emailed and got mine just there. Valid until midnight tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

Yep! Just got the voucher there - I'll get them later today

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭whizkid9

My order got cancelled. anyone else got the same problem?

whizkid9 wrote: »
    My order got cancelled. anyone else got the same problem?

My one was shipped this evening, used Parcel Motel and my Revolut card to pay for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Currys UK cancel orders randomly. Hold on card stays for 5 days with Paypal. Have been buying from them for years and most get through ok and others are cancelled. Its all random.

By the way they are giving out same code to everyone - I got one for £259 earlier and friend got exact same code. If there are too many people asking for same price match they just make one generic code for all.

So if anyone has the updated code for £240 price let me know would prefer that.

Advertisement