Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SONY WH-1000XM4 £259.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

Yes please, if anyone does have code for 240 please feel free to share it, mine got cancelled but really want to try again. 🀯

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

BatMaths wrote: »
    Yes please, if anyone does have code for 240 please feel free to share it, mine got cancelled but really want to try again. ��

If they cancel once - they are likely to keep cancelling the same item again. Has happened to me on certain items when others went through fine at same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BoilerNooB

I have the code for £260 but if anyone has the £240 one could they share with me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

What is wrong with ordering directly from Pricelulu? They have a very good score on trust pilot over a large sample.

Edit - Actually I clicked in to read the reviews. It is very mixed.

I have the code for £260. I just emailed to get another at £240

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

I emailed Currys regarding the price drop and they refunded the £19. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

JackCDSt wrote: »
    I emailed Currys regarding the price drop and they refunded the £19. Happy days.

Fair play. I just emailed there, feel like a cheeky fcuker for doing it but hopefully they will come through for me.

I just responded to the email thread I had with them and referred to PriceLulu and gave them my Curry's order number.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭whizkid9

They cancelled my order 2 times. on the third attempt, it seems like it has gone through

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Fair play. I just emailed there, feel like a cheeky fcuker for doing it but hopefully they will come through for me.

I just responded to the email thread I had with them and referred to PriceLulu and gave them my Curry's order number.

Might as well, makes it easier for me to justify the purchase!

What is wrong with ordering directly from Pricelulu? They have a very good score on trust pilot over a large sample.

Edit - Actually I clicked in to read the reviews. It is very mixed.

I have the code for £260. I just emailed to get another at £240

Got a £240 code from them this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Yeah got the £240 code as well. As expected they are giving the same code to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,276 ✭✭✭✭noodler

dan786 wrote: »
    Yeah got the £240 code as well. As expected they are giving the same code to everyone.

Could you share it?

JackCDSt wrote: »
    Might as well, makes it easier for me to justify the purchase!

They responded to me there saying they will look into it but need the shipping address and contact number I used for data protection reasons. Didn't think they would entertain that at all, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭keos

dan786 wrote: »

That means the code doesn't expire tomorrow midnight, as they say

Brilliant, got an email saying there would refund me £19, bringing me down to the £240.99 price. Unreal.

As a comparison the previous generation XM3's are £249 on Currys, Amazon are doing the XM3 for £238.79 at the moment.

Standard price for the XM4 is £349.

£240.99 is about €267. Meanwhile in Ireland Sony, Harvey Norman and Curry's are selling them for €389 and Argos for €423.49!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Thanks guys. I have fired up a mail as well for the refund of difference.

Lets see. Fingers crossed.

I have placed a refund request of £19.00 on your order for you.

This will be checked by our customers service team, which after checking, they will send a confirmation email of this refund if approved.

After receiving the email, the £19.00 amount will be shown in the account or payment method used to place the order, which then would be 3 to 5 working days to be available for re use.

Hopefully it will be approved by customer service team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

I’ve been dead proud of myself for not pulling the trigger on these. Really only use them in the office, and we’re closed for the foreseeable.

But at £240 (if I get the code), I might have to bite.

Soarer wrote: »
    I’ve been dead proud of myself for not pulling the trigger on these. Really only use them in the office, and we’re closed for the foreseeable.

But at £240 (if I get the code), I might have to bite.

Just spring 205 for the xm3s and I'msuddenly thinking the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SFG

does anyone know would these or the bose qc be more comfortable?

Both are quite comfortable to wear but for NC these are rated higher than Bose. Great sound too.

• Advertisement

Got mine shipped at the £240
    coldfire1x wrote: »
    Both are quite comfortable to wear but for NC these are rated higher than Bose. Great sound too.

Just wondering if you only care about sound and aren't that bothered about NC is there better headphones on the market in this price range?

Just wondering if you only care about sound and aren't that bothered about NC is there better headphones on the market in this price range?

With or without NC these are the best sounding headphones out there.

If you are not interested in NC then you can look at Sennheiser Momentum, AKG Y50 etc

Of course there's Sony MDR-Z1R but thats way too expensive.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-Z1R-High-Resolution-Over-Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B01LD5GO7I

Thanks, I have these ordered and am very happy with the purchase. I more just wondered if NC was at the sacrifice of sound quality in any way compared to other headphones. I've never understood the fascination with NC as the holy grail of headphones. I want the best sounding headphones in my price range full stop. Everything else is a nice to have thing yet NC seems to be a primary driver around marketing in this space which I find weird.

Thanks, I have these ordered and am very happy with the purchase. I more just wondered if NC was at the sacrifice of sound quality in any way compared to other headphones. I've never understood the fascination with NC as the holy grail of headphones. I want the best sounding headphones in my price range full stop. Everything else is a nice to have thing yet NC seems to be a primary driver around marketing in this space which I find weird.

Real NC is quite niche, only few of them do it properly. Lot of the cheaper ones claim to have NC, try these and then try them. You will know why there's so much marketing around that.

You can always switch off NC if you dont want it. I dont use NC when at home, mostly useful when traveling or at office. Once you have tried it in office then only you will realize how noisy air conditioning can be.

I have wired sony headphones that I also use at home. They sound great.

You will not be disappointed with the sound of these, I have used XM3's for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭xtal191

You'd get much better sounding wired headphones for a lot less than these.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

coldfire1x wrote: »
    With or without NC these are the best sounding headphones out there.

Ah cmon that's really pushing it. Their niche is NC and for that they are excellent but their sound is sub par for the price. You can get much better sounding headphones for cheaper.

Maybe give a couple of examples lads?

Soarer wrote: »
    Maybe give a couple of examples lads?

There's a headphones thread.

This one must be for the new Sony Airfryer?!

• Advertisement

How would they compare to the Sennheiser PXC 550-II, currently reduced to £180 on Amazon?

Advertisement