Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SONY WH-1000XM4 £259.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

Soarer wrote: »
    How would they compare to the Sennheiser PXC 550-II, currently reduced to £180 on Amazon?

Sonys are better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

LurkerNo1 wrote: »
    Ah cmon that's really pushing it. Their niche is NC and for that they are excellent but their sound is sub par for the price. You can get much better sounding headphones for cheaper.

Of course you can get cheaper wired ones which may sound better.

Like I said I myself used another Sony wired one which really has great sound.

I will be interested to know which wireless ones sound better than these?

How would they compare to the Sennheiser PXC 550-II, currently reduced to £180 on Amazon?

I have used PXC 550, previous version. They are decent enough but I think Sony ones are better. Compared to XM3s they had multi connect plus I thought their microphone were may be a bit better. XM4s definitely will be better with multi connect and improved microphones.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Of course you can get cheaper wired ones which may sound better.

Like I said I myself used another Sony wired one which really has great sound.

I will be interested to know which wireless ones sound better than these?

I think its the fact you said they're the best sounding headphones out there which just isn't true. Its very very possible they might be one of the best sounding Bluetooth headphones but I doubt they'd even touch the top 50 sounding headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

xtal191 wrote: »
    You'd get much better sounding wired headphones for a lot less than these.

Yeah, I realise that alright but specifically mean wireless. Sorry, I would have thought this is implied given this thread is about a wireless pair. That is comparing apples and oranges.

I think much better is stretching it. I did a bit of research after my posts and these compare very favorably with most headphones at the £240 price range, wired or otherwise.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I realise that alright but specifically mean wireless. Sorry, I would have thought this is implied given this thread is about a wireless pair. That is comparing apples and oranges.

I think much better is stretching it. I did a bit of research after my posts and these compare very favorably with most headphones at the £240 price range, wired or otherwise.

I have the XM3s I love them, probably the best sounding ANC headphones, well I'm sure the 4s are better but trust me there's wired headphones for half the price that sound a lot better.

I'm not saying these are bad, they're fantastic headphones and easily one of the best Bluetooth ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Just picked these up from Parcel Motel this morning. Very cool, definitely the fanciest headphones I have ever bought.

Took up the offer of the 3 months free Tidal Hi-fi subscription. Currently listening to 360 Reality Audio tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 speelunker22

Just picked these up from Parcel Motel this morning. Very cool, definitely the fanciest headphones I have ever bought.

Took up the offer of the 3 months free Tidal Hi-fi subscription. Currently listening to 360 Reality Audio tracks.

Have the XM3 phones and was blown away by the Tidal 360 sound quality. If the Tidal subscription price was realistic and their music discovery was better I would drop Spotify for Tidal in a heartbeat but alas....

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Mine arrived today too. Haven't tried 3D audio yet, but in general they sound great. Multipoint is very handy being able to switch seamlessly between my PC and smartphone.

Have the XM3 phones and was blown away by the Tidal 360 sound quality. If the Tidal subscription price was realistic and their music discovery was better I would drop Spotify for Tidal in a heartbeat but alas....

Is it a a lot more expensive than Spotify, Deezer etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 speelunker22

xtal191 wrote: »
    Is it a a lot more expensive than Spotify, Deezer etc?

Yes to get the top quality version HIFI and 360 Audio you need to shell out 20 per month.

In many ways the app and interface is much better than Spotify but where it fails is the music discovery - which is not a patch on Spotify's .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Received my price match code from Curry's. Valid until midnight tomorrow.

Now to s-hit or get off the bowl!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 D-K

How are these for call quality from anyone who has purchased? Would like to be able to use these for a few calls when working but have been reading the call quality is very poor so not sure whether to pull the trigger and get them if the quality is as poor as I have been reading about.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

D-K wrote: »
    How are these for call quality from anyone who has purchased? Would like to be able to use these for a few calls when working but have been reading the call quality is very poor so not sure whether to pull the trigger and get them if the quality is as poor as I have been reading about.

Tested yesterday and they said I sounded grand. From some research on YouTube it looks like they've done firmware updates to improve the mic since release.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,276 ✭✭✭✭noodler

https://youtu.be/owfQyYVbDKk

Best comparison video I have seen.

Long but there are timestamps for each part of video in description.

Bear in mind he would be advising based on the RRP rather than this £240 plus delivery charge here.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

Ordered these last night for my girlfriend using the code. Order cancelled this morning.
    "These items are unavailable for home delivery at this time. We have cancelled your order"
    Very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

how long did people wait for delivery? My one was received by parcel motel depot on Monday, it still says status : in transit. just worried as I haven't used it before. Thanks

BatMaths wrote: »
    how long did people wait for delivery? My one was received by parcel motel depot on Monday, it still says status : in transit. just worried as I haven't used it before. Thanks

That's normal enough, its usually next day but has taken 2 or 3 days. I suppose to expect delays now.

What number are people using for the UK mobile number? I just got some random number on Google but can someone link me to one that will work or pm me, thanks? I emailed them about my cancelled order and they said they are available for home delivery and gave me a new code.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭whizkid9

Ordered these last night for my girlfriend using the code. Order cancelled this morning.
    "These items are unavailable for home delivery at this time. We have cancelled your order"
    Very frustrating

I got it working on the 3rd order. first 2 orders were cancelled as well. The third time, I used a UK IP using VPN, gave a phone number, which didn't look like 12345 etc. try again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

I ordered using Paypal and have PM as my address on Paypal. Didn't do anything fancy beyond that and got it the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Its all random nothing to with number or IP. I am using same account for years with Irish 00353 number. 80% orders go through fine , 20% orders get cancelled randomly. I had 10 orders of several different items over last 4 days, 2 got cancelled.

The way to tell is if you get a your order is processing email within 5 minutes of placing the order it means its been accepted. If you dont it will get cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Received my price match code from Curry's. Valid until midnight tomorrow.

Now to s-hit or get off the bowl!

Ended up buying them, and got my dispatch email while ago. Looking forward to them now!

As for the phone number issue people are having, I just put in my normal mobile number, but started it with 0035387....

Cannot get this to work at all. Get the code, fill in all the details, tried various phone number options and parcel motel, get to choosing my card option and it says "we cannot process this order".

Cannot get this to work at all. Get the code, fill in all the details, tried various phone number options and parcel motel, get to choosing my card option and it says "we cannot process this order".

Try paypal, usually works well.

Try paypal, usually works well.

Yes, I tried it but it wont let me choose my Parcel Motel address to ship to unfortunately just my home address in Ireland. Tried to change it through PayPal and it's only giving me Rep of Ireland addresses. I dont know to be honest, I give up at this stage, I'm sick of filling out the Currys form only for it to fail at the final part. Thanks anyway.

Yes, I tried it but it wont let me choose my Parcel Motel address to ship to unfortunately just my home address in Ireland. Tried to change it through PayPal and it's only giving me Rep of Ireland addresses. I dont know to be honest, I give up at this stage, I'm sick of filling out the Currys form only for it to fail at the final part. Thanks anyway.

I am not sure what you are doing wrong. I first created an account on currys with my parcel motel address. Next logged into the account after verifying account, added the headphone then went to the checkout. That way the address was already available to choose.

I am not sure what you are doing wrong. I first created an account on currys with my parcel motel address. Next logged into the account after verifying account, added the headphone then went to the checkout. That way the address was already available to choose.

Yup, did all that and same thing everytime "we cant process this order" choosing the Card option. Now I'm getting the same thing with PayPal. Ive tried so many ways and address and I get the same thing everytime. Pity as it was going to be a gift.

I have no idea to be honest and I've tried every possible way myself and the ones suggested and it's the same problem everytime, "we cant process this order". The person providing the vouchers does not know either. Its strange I've never ever had such an issue before. Very disappointing as it was to be a gift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 BoilerNooB

Anyone know what the returns policy is for people buying from the UK store but returning in Ireland? I rang the call centre and the guy told me call into the local store (he didn't sound too sure).

Gutted that they seem to be faulty, they have developed a reverb in the right ear cup (kind of sounds like wind when I'm indoors) managed to find a few other people with the same issue, been ongoing since the XM3s apparently

Advertisement