Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SONY WH-1000XM4 £259.99

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,268 ✭✭✭✭noodler

BoilerNooB wrote: »
    Anyone know what the returns policy is for people buying from the UK store but returning in Ireland? I rang the call centre and the guy told me call into the local store (he didn't sound too sure). Also, don't even know if Currys are open at the moment due to covid.

Gutted that they seem to be faulty, they have developed a reverb in the right ear cup (kind of sounds like wind when I'm indoors) managed to find a few other people with the same issue, been ongoing since the XM3s apparently

When noise cancelling is on?

I understood that there was always a little noise.

I don't wanna call it a hiss like on some models but gentle, gentle white noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BoilerNooB

noodler wrote: »
    When noise cancelling is on?

I understood that there was always a little noise.

I don't wanna call it a hiss like on some models but gentle, gentle white noise.

Kind of depends but mainly when noise cancelling is on. It isn't the normal white noise you get with noise cancelling. It's like when wind blows into a mic and you can hear it, except it isn't wind and it's coming from the ear cup. I've seen around that condensation can cause issues sometimes. Sickend really.

Kind of depends but mainly when noise cancelling is on. It isn't the normal white noise you get with noise cancelling. It's like when wind blows into a mic and you can hear it, except it isn't wind and it's coming from the ear cup. I've seen around that condensation can cause issues sometimes. Sickend really.

Not sure tbh.

My 700ns I have to turn off the noise cancelling when outside cos they pick up so much wind.

But the NC on those are fairly useless.

Could try turning off adaptive sound in the app or deleting the app altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Collected these from my Parcel Motel depot today, and came to the realisation that I really don't need them!

A lot of profiteering going on on Adverts.

Anybody want them for what they cost me? €275.

Will ship them if buyers pays.

They're still unopened. Haven't even taken them out of the shipping packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Soarer wrote: »
    Collected these from my Parcel Motel depot today, and came to the realisation that I really don't need them!

A lot of profiteering going on on Adverts.

Anybody want them for what they cost me? €275.

Will ship them if buyers pays.

They're still unopened. Haven't even taken them out of the shipping packaging.

Use them for a while and stick them up on Adverts in months time you will still get 270-280 for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Anyone know what the returns policy is for people buying from the UK store but returning in Ireland? I rang the call centre and the guy told me call into the local store (he didn't sound too sure).

Gutted that they seem to be faulty, they have developed a reverb in the right ear cup (kind of sounds like wind when I'm indoors) managed to find a few other people with the same issue, been ongoing since the XM3s apparently

Did you manage to return them alright? My set has developed the exact same issue in the right ear cup.

Edit - For anyone wondering this is what I can hear. It makes ANC completely unusable.

You will see from the likes and comments on that video that it is a common enough issue it seems. Some of the forum posts I read think it is linked to condensation but I haven't been in any areas where that should have built up to any meaningful degree and I haven't worn them outside yet at all.

Did you manage to return them alright? My set has developed the exact same issue in the right ear cup.

Edit - For anyone wondering this is what I can hear. It makes ANC completely unusable.

Ok that is not what I have with the xm3s.

Mine is little more than mild, mild white noise. That sounds like you are out in wind!

noodler wrote: »
    Ok that is not what I have with the xm3s.

Mine is little more than mild, mild white noise. That sounds like you are out in wind!

Yeah as the other poster described it is like someone is blowing into a mic at varying strengths is the best way I can describe it when using them.

Hi,

I did, not a bother, was an easy process. Went into the shop yesterday with them had the receipt on my email. She swapped them out for new ones. I asked aswell if the new ones develop the same issue will there be any hassle bringing them back and she said no, it will all be fine. Even gave me a new receipt.

Mine was the exact same sound as that video. Probably not as loud but still super distracting. Wouldn't put up with it after spending that money on them. I'll see how the new ones go but it seems to be a commen issue.

I also saw on Reddit people with this problem that got onto Sony and Sony said they don't cover water damage. Some lad opened his up and saw the screws were rusted. So reckons it's the condensation from sweat messing with it - which apparently Sony won't cover. But I haven't checked myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Hi,

I did, not a bother, was an easy process. Went into the shop yesterday with them had the receipt on my email. She swapped them out for new ones. I asked aswell if the new ones develop the same issue will there be any hassle bringing them back and she said no, it will all be fine. Even gave me a new receipt.

Mine wasn't as loud as that video but still super distracting. Wouldn't put up with it after spending that money on them. I'll see how the new ones go but it seems to be a commen issue.

Was the price in € on your receipt or did they mention it being bought off the UK site at all?

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Was the price in € on your receipt or did they mention it being bought off the UK site at all?

No was in GBP on my original receipt, she didn't mention it at all. Just took the transaction number and put it into her computer.

Your man in the call centre also told me it would be grand. So probably the same across the board.

No was in GBP on my original receipt, she didn't mention it at all. Just took the transaction number and put it into her computer.

Your man in the call centre also told me it would be grand. So probably the same across the board.

Keep us posted on how the new ones perform

Hi,

Mine was the exact same sound as that video. Probably not as loud but still super distracting. Wouldn't put up with it after spending that money on them. I'll see how the new ones go but it seems to be a commen issue.

I also saw on Reddit people with this problem that got onto Sony and Sony said they don't cover water damage. Some lad opened his up and saw the screws were rusted. So reckons it's the condensation from sweat messing with it - which apparently Sony won't cover. But I haven't checked myself

Thanks for the info. I'll call into a shop.

It seems to be from prolonged use. Maybe cause the seal is so tight for the ANC that condensation builds over time when wearing them for long periods in a single session. That does tie in with that when I put them on today the sound is completely gone. It doesn't bode well for long term use if one period of long listening yesterday is causing this issue when they are only 4 days old. How will that incrementally affect these 6 months to a year down the line.

Thanks for the info. I'll call into a shop.

It seems to be from prolonged use. Maybe cause the seal is so tight for the ANC that condensation builds over time when wearing them for long periods in a single session. That does tie in with that when I put them on today the sound is completely gone. It doesn't bode well for long term use if one period of long listening yesterday is causing this issue when they are only 4 days old. How will that incrementally affect these 6 months to a year down the line.

Absolutely. That's my worry. It's kind of ok now that I can call into the shop and get new ones/refund. But a few months down the line if it happens that option won't be open. So I'll be keeping a close eye on it over the next week.

I've seen people mention putting silica gel behind the pads, I don't want the hassle of doing that myself!

thats a worry

i had the xm2s for a year and never a problem, watched movies and used them every day commuting so they say lots of use. gave them to my brother and he has them over a year now and never mentioned problems

ive the xm3 a good while and again never any problem- as someone else mentioned, when walking in the wind the NC gets a bit more intrusive but nothing like mentioned

so xm4 seem to have the specific problem

I have xm2’s there brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

JackCDSt wrote: »
    Just ordered these on Currys UK by pricematching with a site called Pricelulu and getting them delivered to Parcel Motel.

If you email them the price match (Shopliveadmin@dixonscarphone.com) and a link to Pricelulu ( https://www.pricelulu.co.uk/sony-wh-1000xm4-wireless-noise-cancelling-headphones-black ) they should send on a code that'll take £89 off the price of the them.

Read this on HUKD a while back but they wouldn't price match then because Pricelulu had them listed as out of stock.

Edit: They're down to £240.99 on Pricelulu now.

I got these for my wife as her bday present. Thanks dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Seems the site is blocking sales to parcel motel. Pity

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭keos

adam88 wrote: »

I ordered and sent to PM with no issues a couple of days back.

Try PW maybe?

• Advertisement

keos wrote: »
    I ordered and sent to PM with no issues a couple of days back.

Try PW maybe?

I tried address pal as well. Took the order and got an email then about 5 mins later saying they were cancelling the order

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭whizkid9

There is a 10% cashback in topcashback for sony headphones from Currys UK now. So the effective price is 215gbp if anyone wants to try their luck! I already bought it for 241gbp before :(.

Don’t think they’ll allow them be shipped.

Unles you have family members living over there

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

can anyone recommend other noise cancelling headphones

• Registered Users Posts: 27 speelunker22

On the much lower end of cost/quality there are these Anker phones. I have the Sony XM3s and love them but got these for the missus as she didn't need the super high audio fidelity (or the cost) as she mainly listens to podcasts.

Despite being a fraction of the cost these are surprisingly good.

Anker Soundcore Life Q20 Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭xtal191

The XM3s are still great and I wouldn't be surprised if they'll be heavily discounted over Black Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Bose 700 are 254 - https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07Q4QK379

They will go cheaper over next week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Anyone has a current discount code, I am looking to order another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

adam88 wrote: »

I was able to use parcel motel no problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement