Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Fair dues Kerb, much appreciated :)

You'll have to turn up to collect them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I know I know :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up this lot from Adverts, didn't realise the cases were so big compared to the tiny cart size !!

14650690020_4e296c9791_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So I need a new RGB switcher for my CRT retro setup. Any recommendations? I'd use the one that I already had for the LCD but it's currently epoxied to the bottom of the TV. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,258 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I spent about three hours looking up the very thing earlier :D

There's one in particular I'm on the lookout called 'Thor AV Control Centre' but it's proving impossible to get.

Good list of them here though. I did manage to get an alternative model of the 'Silverscreen Trilogy' line, but it only has three inputs. :(

http://www.videogameperfection.com/2011/11/23/scart-switch-roundup/

It's an important thing to read up on anyway, as if you get a low quality one you'll suffer with loads of crap from picture quality degradation to leaking voltage.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    I spent about three hours looking up the very thing earlier :D

There's one in particular I'm on the lookout called 'Thor AV Control Centre' but it's proving impossible to get.

Good list of them here though. I did manage to get an alternative model of the 'Silverscreen Trilogy' line, but it only has three inputs. :(

http://www.videogameperfection.com/2011/11/23/scart-switch-roundup/

It's an important thing to read up on anyway, as if you get a low quality one you'll suffer with loads of crap from picture quality degradation to leaking voltage.

What about this?

*edit*

Aherm

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=331251816973&alt=web

Master of the Universe

I have one like that and it gets voltage leaking. (sometimes you'll see an LED light up on a console that's powered off :eek:)

Here's one I almost pulled the trigger on earlier. Read some reviews of them and they dont seem to suffer any issues.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bandridge-Premium-Performance-5-Way-Scart-Switch-Selector-Switching-Box-/251478441131?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item3a8d487cab

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

marko93 wrote: »
    What would this thread be without pictures, XL Circle Pad is very chunky and a little uncomfortable but I'll get used to it. ( shame it doesn't come in white either )

Was thinking of getting one of those myself. Where did you get it and how much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking? Amazon have them for £17 before postage, not sure if that's the going rate though?

I was just thinking the same reading Kerb's post, sure what use is that leaving them at a beers! :P :P
    I have one like that and it gets voltage leaking. (sometimes you'll see an LED light up on a console that's powered off :eek:)

Here's one I almost pulled the trigger on earlier. Read some reviews of them and they dont seem to suffer any issues.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bandridge-Premium-Performance-5-Way-Scart-Switch-Selector-Switching-Box-/251478441131?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item3a8d487cab

That's the same one Kerbdog, Steve_SI and myself have I believe (got mine from Amazon). Using it for the BVM & B&O, worgrouch fore.

Correction - it's not the auto-switching one I have, my mistake. Cheers grouch for pointing that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That's the same one Kerbdog, Steve_SI and myself have I believe (got mine from Amazon). Using it for the BVM & B&O, works fine.

I'd pay the bit extra for the automatic one though

This is the one I went for:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005N7F1KO/ref=gno_cart_title_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3GUJZC51M4L0M

Bought two of them actually because I'll need more than five ports.

Same one that I use on my LCD and that does the job, no leakage that I can see. Does RGB fine too.

• Advertisement

I'd pay the bit extra for the automatic one though

Agreed, didn't spot the eBay one doesn't mention auto, defo worth the extra few quid. Mine is auto so not the exact same one then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Was thinking of getting one of those myself. Where did you get it and how much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking? Amazon have them for £17 before postage, not sure if that's the going rate though?

I got it from Amazon, I was happy to pay the price because I can see a lot of investment hours wise into Resident Evil/Monster Hunter/MGS 3 etc so I could justify the price. It's very chunky though, which I was surprised by. I've enjoyed what little time I've used it for so far :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Think that one is manual switcher, when you turn on a console you would need to tap a button.

For a SCART 5 connections auto switch, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400732837462

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Yeah, the Banbridge Auto 5 switcher is very good.

Edit:
    Although I'm grabbing 2 of the new revision of the below when he makes more.

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/rgb-compatible-8-in-1-scart-switcher-gscartsw-now-available.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0020426AG?cache=5666118922fc0ca9712aa1a3986be88b&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1407280968&sr=8-3#ref=mp_s_a_1_3

HDMI splitter arrived today, its smaller than I thought (pretty cool actually) and the LEDs are those super bright blue that come on danelectro guitar pedals (bit of tape will dull them). Pretty happy with it. Does exactly what it said it would do. Happy days

Danonino. wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0020426AG?cache=5666118922fc0ca9712aa1a3986be88b&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1407280968&sr=8-3#ref=mp_s_a_1_3

HDMI splitter arrived today, its smaller than I thought (pretty cool actually) and the LEDs are those super bright blue that come on danelectro guitar pedals (bit of tape will dull them). Pretty happy with it. Does exactly what it said it would do. Happy days

I have that exact one. Yeah the LED is stupid bright for something that's sitting around a display.

marko93 wrote: »
    I got it from Amazon, I was happy to pay the price because I can see a lot of investment hours wise into Resident Evil/Monster Hunter/MGS 3 etc so I could justify the price. It's very chunky though, which I was surprised by. I've enjoyed what little time I've used it for so far :)

Cool thanks. Yeah I'm thinking of getting one for MH4 when it comes out next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Cool thanks. Yeah I'm thinking of getting one for MH4 when it comes out next year.

Yeah I'd definitely go with it. I've basically not played 3 yet, so I'm looking forward to tucking into it after my exams! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Danonino. wrote: »

you can get a similar one for cheaper in Ireland, I have one with no issues so far
    http://www.syncron.ie/3PORT_HDMI_1080P_AUTO_MANUAL_SWITCH_BOX_SPLITTER_p/11s.htm

you can get a similar one for cheaper in Ireland, I have one with no issues so far
    http://www.syncron.ie/3PORT_HDMI_1080P_AUTO_MANUAL_SWITCH_BOX_SPLITTER_p/11s.htm

I have two of these. They work great if you Daisychain them too! I thought it should work in theory and in practise it works fine!

• Advertisement

MrVestek wrote: »
    I have two of these. They work great if you Daisychain them too! I thought it should work in theory and in practise it works fine!

Have they any issues with HDCP do you know? The one I use doesn't like my PS4 at all :(

Have they any issues with HDCP do you know? The one I use doesn't like my PS4 at all :(

Only HDCP issues I ever had were with the Horizon box but they fixed that with a firmware update to the box.

They can hiccup every now and then but it's very very rare. Good value for money I've had mine for over a year and no issues.

Well apart from with the Raspberry Pi... the Pi doesn't like them at all.

*edit*

Although that could be more to do with the Pi not outputting enough voltage to the HDMI port or whatever.

Cool, cheers Mr V. I suspect there'll be an Xbox One to add to the setup this Xmas so will need to look at changing out the hdmi switcher as I'm fast running out of hdmi ports!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Cool, cheers Mr V. I suspect there'll be an Xbox One to add to the setup this Xmas so will need to look at changing out the hdmi switcher as I'm fast running out of hdmi ports!

Or you could plug the ps4 into the Xbox hdmi in port and play it via the xbox :pac:

Or you could plug the ps4 into the Xbox hdmi in port and play it via the xbox :pac:

'ception or yo dawg meme...hmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

And take out another mortgage to cover the electricity bill from needing to have both running simultaneously!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm going to throw a guess out there and suggest that Damo was rather taken by Guardians of the Galaxy.....

And why not, it was a hell of a lot of fun!

How did you guess?

>_>

<_<

It'll be even more apparent tomorrow...

Yeah, great movie though, and a fantastic soundtrack too!

Master of the Universe

Went to see it myself the other day, wasn't expecting much but boy was I surprised!

Really enjoyable film, great fun. Was blown away by the sheer number of digital artists in the credits :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Having seen it twice now, it's easily the best film of the last few months and currently somewhere in my top 3 for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Would have ordered the other splitter if I had seen it :( oh well, this one seems to do the job and felt like a bargain at the time :)

Master of the Universe

Finally managed to pick up something over the weekend which I've been after now for a couple of months.

The most important part of any games room.

A couch!!

couch_zpsb76710a7.jpg

I think I've spent longer in that room over the last few days then the total time spent since moving into the house. It's made such a huge difference :D fits absolutely perfectly. I'll have an ass groove carved out in no time.

Finally managed to pick up something over the weekend which I've been after now for a couple of months.

The most important part of any games room.

A couch!!

couch_zpsb76710a7.jpg

I think I've spent longer in that room over the last few days then the total time spent since moving into the house. It's made such a huge difference :D fits absolutely perfectly. I'll have an ass groove carved out in no time.

I think I've seen that couch before...

castingcouch.jpg

You're a nice guy, but don't think I would ever want to... *phrase this carefully Damo!* ...stumble across... you on that couch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

You're a nice guy, but don't think I would ever want to... *phrase this carefully Damo!* ...stumble across... you on that couch!

YYYYEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH

david-caruso-gif-sunglasses-1.gif

• Advertisement

You're name darlin' ?
    Mr Vestek...
    And you're over 18?
    Yes, just today...
    So, what kind of *cake* do you like?
    Oh, I like it all....

Master of the Universe

...well that's me buying 10 boxes of Dettol on the way home.

I have a nice little indie title on the way for the DS, called N+.
    I'm sure you've all heard of it and it's sequel is on the way for the PC and PS4.
    It does jar a little bit to pay for a game that I can play, for free, on the PC but it's a lovely title, very enjoyable and only got a US release.

I have a nice little indie title on the way for the DS, called N+.
    I'm sure you've all heard of it and it's sequel is on the way for the PC and PS4.
    It does jar a little bit to pay for a game that I can play, for free, on the PC but it's a lovely title, very enjoyable and only got a US release.

I think I have that on PSP but never got around to playing it :)
    Must give it a look.

Here's the free flash game,
    http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 BCGMatt

Last pickup in the wild I made was a brand new copy of The Last Story for the Wii for E5. Last copy in Tesco Castlebar so had to get involved!

I have just had my birthday bonanza purchase made, will update as stuff arrives. It is a nice big haul though ;)

BCGMatt wrote: »
    Last pickup in the wild I made was a brand new copy of The Last Story for the Wii for E5. Last copy in Tesco Castlebar so had to get involved!

I have just had my birthday bonanza purchase made, will update as stuff arrives. It is a nice big haul though ;)

Nice one, and welcome to the Arcade and Retro forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got this little lot today. GBA game courtesy of mr. STG otaku and was pretty surprised to find art academy in the post. Only took 7 weeks to arrive :P

Just want to get wipeout and djmax technika tune and I have everything I want on the vita for the moment.

CDB60491-3016-492A-B8AD-62FA3B84C499_zpsknsc5bqd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Get cooking those pork chops! :)

If you are getting the excellent Wipeout for the Vita, be sure to own the Wipeout HD and Fury packs for the PS3 as they are then available, for nothing, for the Vita game, tripling the games size and making even more awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Picked up a famicom converter to play NES games on it. Works great other than castlevania 3, think it needs to be modded to work. That's my evening sorted.

Works straight away unlike a NES were you spend most if the time faffing about getting the game to just work.

Not retro but Fez and Crysis 3 are available for download for free for PSN+ subscribers.
    Proteus and a couple more are there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Got this little lot today. GBA game courtesy of mr. STG otaku and was pretty surprised to find art academy in the post. Only took 7 weeks to arrive :P

Just want to get wipeout and djmax technika tune and I have everything I want on the vita for the moment.

CDB60491-3016-492A-B8AD-62FA3B84C499_zpsknsc5bqd.jpg

Okay, wtf is that GBA game? :pac:

Didn't really notice it earlier!

Doge wrote: »
    Okay, wtf is that GBA game? :pac:

Didn't really notice it earlier!

It's brilliant (No No No Puzzle Chai Rian). Kinda feeling remorse I sold it now. :(

It's a puzzle game about pork chops and microwave cookery.

It's actually brilliant (genuinely).

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement