Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ohhh right cool well even still I may then need a lift home afterwards, lol. Or at least a lift into town where I can then get a taxi home or whatever.

Planning on bringing my original Xbox 1 with CoinOps 4 loaded onto it. Does anybody object to this? May also possibly bring my Dreamcast with VGA adapter and Link83 bios mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The only thing you'll need to bring to Ciderman's is something to catch all the drool when you check out how many consoles he has set up in his attic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

o1s1n wrote: »
    The only thing you'll need to bring to Ciderman's is something to catch all the drool when you check out how many consoles he has set up in his attic ;)

Bound to be some incontinence pants lying around given his age ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

7040388091.jpg

resulting in

people-golf.png

Having had a career in working serving people who need such products I was not, in any way, prepared for this...
    kang004_kanga_male_pouch_n_pad.png

So, this is what happens, apparently, when Ann Summers is making incontinence wear for men.... oh dear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Also, can we play rock band at this?
    no we'll be too busy playing Streets of Rage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, this is what happens, apparently, when Ann Summers is making incontinence wear for men.... oh dear :(

On the plus side, you'll certainly get some looks from the ladies walking down the street wearing one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And what has been seen cannot be unseen...

I can see some of the lonelier members of the forum nipping off to McCabes to buy a pair....

There's actually a bus that goes near your house?!?! I thought folk out that way have never even seen a bus!

Also, can we play rock band at this?

No, there is a bus, and as for Rock Band, as long as it's for the 360 or Wii yup, no PS3 in mine, unless someone wants to give me one... a PS3 ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

No, there is a bus, and as for Rock Band, as long as it's for the 360 or Wii yup, no PS3 in mine, unless someone wants to give me one... a PS3 ffs!

A bus that comes 4 times a day at horribly inconvenient hours. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

25721013.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

No, there is a bus, and as for Rock Band, as long as it's for the 360 or Wii yup, no PS3 in mine, unless someone wants to give me one.

Retr0 will for a tenner, yeeeeow!

I'll bring music games and mics and a guitar so. Should hopefully be getting a set of drums soon too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

ok I know I've said I was up for beers before and then noshowed and I'm a bit of a lurker and I don't haven anything rare to bring but I'm free that night and would like to join in so can I come along? Pretty please?

Also I have a car and can give a couple of people a lift from the south side.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I have a full Rock Band kit (even the oft-neglected keytar) if needed. Bit of a pain to transport, but should be able to sort it out. Music game fan or not, full band RB is ****ing amazing when blasting out Power of Love!

I think I might have some friends from across the smaller sea visiting in and around this beers, but hoping it won't clash.

Is it for the PS3 or xbox?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

All for 360!

I'd bring along my HDD too, but alas experience has shown MS don't take too kindly to swapping them from console to console!

Perfect, because all my games are for the 360. Been trying to get the full set now for the past few weeks but they're a pain to come across and people don't respond on adverts :(

Can always just recover your gamertag!

The problem is more trying to use the stuff on it. Admittedly I haven't tried too hard in the past, but I haven't been able to use all my DLC and imports on another Xbox. Think you might be able to get around it if you're online?

Hmm, I had a few friends over a couple of weeks ago and one of them recovered their gamertag and was able to download their rockband DLC on my console. Could give it a go I suppose!

Sounds like this'll be a blast... at least for Rockband fans!
    Luckily we have Frequency and Amplitude for those who don't like rhythm games.... oh, sorry....

Valleyoftheeunos, you're more than welcome along!

Luckily we have Frequency and Amplitude for those who don't like rhythm games.... oh, sorry....

Valleyoftheeunos, you're more than welcome along!

Sorry, but you have no say in this.

• Advertisement

playing Boulderdash with Sparks sounds like great fun now

Music game fan or not, full band RB is ****ing amazing when blasting out Power of Love!

So, quiz fans...

Does the King of Hipsters refer to one of following in the above statement?

A- The Power of Love

2- The Power of Love

(iii)- The Power of Love

or

z- Atari Jaguar?

Sera wrote: »
    playing Boulderdash with Sparks sounds like great fun now

It's not the playing of the game, but the associated lecture that gets me down...

Anyways,
    Repton is better!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Steve X2

So, quiz fans...

Does the King of Hipsters refer to one of following in the above statement?

Clearly the answer is this:

Or even the Retr0 friendly one?

Sera wrote:
    Boulderdash with Sparks
    Anyways,
    Repton is better!
    I can see it now
    24839846.jpg

The fact he didn't respond immediately with some witty retort is telling that Sparks is growing up, leaving his childish obsession with Boulder Dash behind, and getting some brand new childish obsessions instead!
    :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

The fact he didn't respond immediately with some witty retort is telling that Sparks is growing up, leaving his childish obsession with Boulder Dash behind, and getting some brand new childish obsessions instead!
    :-P

:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused:

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Boulderdash

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Leave Sailor Moon out of this, it's awesome!

Screw Rock Band. I promise to bring my GC to this one so we can finally play 8 player Double Dash.

Advertisement