Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

I also got an email from them saying they are extending my silver tier for a further 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

a clanger wrote: »
    Its a good move in fairness but KLM did this back in March !!.....better late than never. Now if they would only sort out the crap Advantage tickets and put them back to the flexible version they were prior aer space. I'ts a bit crap that there is no flexible ticket without fare differences etc....what happened to rocking up with your (expensive) ticket and saying I'll travel on this one thanks !

What difference does it make? No lounges have been open and no one has been traveling.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Still waiting for voucher from Mar 28th, wtf. Anyone else waiting this long? SAS took a few days to issue a voucher.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Stark wrote: »
    Still waiting for voucher from Mar 28th, wtf. Anyone else waiting this long? SAS took a few days to issue a voucher.

20/3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭DubDani

Waiting for a refund from April, have now lodged a dispute with my Credit Card provider to get a refund.

For me BA took 3 days to get a refund, Lufthansa took 5 days and AL have so far taken more then 3 months without a single email about my refund claim or any response via the online channels etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

Stark wrote: »
    I got mine last week. Applied 28 of March

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I got mine last week. Applied 28 of March

Oooohhhh I can beat you. I'm waiting since March 23rd.

Can't decide if its worth waiting for, or to just sort out a charge back on the CC.

Part booked with avios points, and not sure if that if complicating things.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Dinkie wrote: »
    Part booked with avios points, and not sure if that if complicating things.

Close your accounts, cut your cards up, and live a stress free life would be my advice then....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Mine was totally straightforward. Paid for straight up through their website with card, no vouchers/points/travel agents/code shares etc. involved.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

From the Aer Lingus website (https://www.aerlingus.com/support/flight-disruption-information/):

In relation to refunds and in view of the unprecedented volumes of refund requests following the cancellation of 95% of our flights since March, you may experience delays for which we apologise. If you applied for a refund in March which you have yet to receive, your refund will be processed by the end of July. We are currently upgrading our technology which we expect will go live in early August and which will significantly improve our processing times going forward. Once this new technology is implemented, any remaining backlog should be cleared shortly thereafter. We appreciate your patience and ask that your bear with us during this challenging time.

• Advertisement

Got my silver card in the post this morning. expiry is now November 2021.

I've taken about 4 flights in the last 3 years with them... and still am somehow in AerClub...

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Got my silver card in the post this morning. expiry is now November 2021.

I've taken about 4 flights in the last 3 years with them... and still am somehow in AerClub...

You should write to them saying there has been a mistake and you should be concierge, they are in such a muddle right now you might get the card :P

You should write to them saying there has been a mistake and you should be concierge, they are in such a muddle right now you might get the card :P

It was actually since I went to Concierge my flying dropped off a cliff due to a role change in work.

Since Concierge, I did 1 J Class to New York for a holiday, and probably about 6 1 way's to U.K., and that was almost 3 years ago..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Aercard 'freebies' (that you pay for) are getting a six month expiry extension due to being next to worthless currently.

The move to paying for everything at all by card has shored up my Avios earn from the card; as I'm spending far less on work purchasing and transport costs etc. Not that I've any idea when I can use them or for what!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SB Morer

L1011 wrote: »
    Aercard 'freebies' (that you pay for) are getting a six month expiry extension due to being next to worthless currently.

The move to paying for everything at all by card has shored up my Avios earn from the card; as I'm spending far less on work purchasing and transport costs etc. Not that I've any idea when I can use them or for what!

Only extended for people who qualified for rewards after 01 March. I qualified in February. So I still need to use mine by next Feb. However if I had spent less and qualified in March I’d have until August 2021 to use my rewards. How does that make any sense? What’s more is my spend was on a trip that got cancelled and was refunded to my card. The refund meant I didn’t earn any Avios for 2 months straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

SB Morer wrote: »
    Only extended for people who qualified for rewards after 01 March. I qualified in February. So I still need to use mine by next Feb. However if I had spent less and qualified in March I’d have until August 2021 to use my rewards. How does that make any sense? What’s more is my spend was on a trip that got cancelled and was refunded to my card. The refund meant I didn’t earn any Avios for 2 months straight.

I think it's for those who qualified in March 2019 onwards, so if it was this past February, you'd get the extension? I think I qualified sometime between June-Sep 2019 but can't find the dates in my account.

On another note... logged on to check the status of my voucher request (applied on 20th March, still no sign) and in my "Upcoming trips" it lists the flight that I applied for the voucher for (which was to fly on 22nd March 2020) and as a return... this... (attached).

My return flight is from Proserpine (PPP) to Taitung (TTT) on 4th Oct 2020 (?!)

I think it's for those who qualified in March 2019 onwards, so if it was this past February, you'd get the extension? I think I qualified sometime between June-Sep 2019 but can't find the dates in my account.

On another note... logged on to check the status of my voucher request (applied on 20th March, still no sign) and in my "Upcoming trips" it lists the flight that I applied for the voucher for (which was to fly on 22nd March 2020) and as a return... this... (attached).

Oh thanks - you’re right in the email it says 01 March 2019. But it says your date extension will be shown in your rewards - but mine still says Feb 2021, so there’s no extension.

Have fun on your Queensland to Taiwan flight. Aer Lingus really are exploring new markets aren’t they?!

Oh thanks - you’re right in the email it says 01 March 2019. But it says your date extension will be shown in your rewards - but mine still says Feb 2021, so there’s no extension.

Have fun on your Queensland to Taiwan flight. Aer Lingus really are exploring new markets aren’t they?!

Somewhere in the fine print it says it'll take 6 days or a week to update the expiry dates, so maybe yours hasn't updated yet? Also, where was this listed in your rewards listing? I can't find it at all (the expiry date).

I would love to know how they think I'm making my way from my Geneva - Dublin flight all the way to Queensland to make my return to Taiwan...

Somewhere in the fine print it says it'll take 6 days or a week to update the expiry dates, so maybe yours hasn't updated yet? Also, where was this listed in your rewards listing? I can't find it at all (the expiry date).

I would love to know how they think I'm making my way from my Geneva - Dublin flight all the way to Queensland to make my return to Taiwan...

When I click though to see my rewards, underneath ‘2 Free Return Fares’ is states the date they expire. See screenshot attached

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

It's what AL do when holding a booking for you... had it myself.

• Advertisement

Lounge in cork is still closed. people wandering around looking for something to eat but AMT is the only thing open, even WH Smith is closed.

Most stuff of interest in Amsterdam is closed at 6pm including Aspire and Privium lounge so if you are flying from cork you can forget about it as the evening flight is the only one on at the mo.

micosoft wrote: »
    It's what AL do when holding a booking for you... had it myself.

Cheers for the info. Maybe they're keeping the booking current in order to process the voucher (at some point... 20 weeks and counting...).

I see SuperValu are now only offering a 25% bonus on conversion of Real Rewards points to Avios. I naively thought they’d be offering a larger than normal bonus as who’d be converting to Avios these days?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

I see SuperValu are now only offering a 25% bonus on conversion of Real Rewards points to Avios. I naively thought they’d be offering a larger than normal bonus as who’d be converting to Avios these days?!

It seems the days of triple and double conversions are long gone!

Can anyone tell me what Lounge EI use in Brussels?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Can anyone tell me what Lounge EI use in Brussels?

I think it's the BA lounge. It may not be open at the moment with Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

BA galleries lounge in BRU, upstairs to the left after security, EI gate is typically very near by.

Actually quite nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭sailing

Yes, it's the BA Lounge on the 4th Floor. Turn left as normal after outbound immigration control. There's a snack/coffee bar on your left. Just after that there are a couple of lifts. Take that to the 4th floor and it's to the left as you step out of the lifts.

As someone alluded to above, I'm not sure if any of the lounges are open at the moment.

Cheers guys!

They are open in Amsterdam but only until 6pm. Ill just have to check

• Advertisement

Ireland: 100 Avios per €1 (or 125 at 'bonus time') from Supervalu
    UK: 215 Avios per €1 from Tesco

Ireland: No Amex, Aer Lingus BOI credit card: €96 fee, no sign-up bonus, 0.25 Avios per €1 spent, no companion voucher
    UK: BA Basic Amex: No Fee, 5,000 Avios sign-up bonus, 1.1 Avios per €1 spent, Companion Voucher Available. Plus lots of other credit card options.

Ireland: 160 shops in AerClub eStore
    UK: 1258 shops in BA eStore, including many such as Argos that operate in Ireland

Why is Ireland treated so poorly by IAG? Why are we given such limited options when it comes to earning Avios?

Advertisement