Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm not usually pushed on reviews every since Mafia 2 got a bunch of 7's and reviewers called it boring. I put it off for a year because of them and when I eventually got it, I absolutely loved it and hated that I hadn't played it a year sooner. Getting the same vibes off these reviews.

Anyway, enough of 'leave Britney alone' from me :)

I'm definitely noticing the fade in and out of cutscenes and I wonder if it's like what the Spiderman Dev recently on how they used cutscenes to load the rest of the map like a camera trick. The 6 hours of cutscenes might make more sense then or it may just need that time to actually tell their story. I dunno the full details of the spider-man Dev trick but it made me think about it.

Does anyone know how to get the pre-order bike upgrades? I have the level 1 trust at Copeland's and see the upgrades there but I have to buy them. I think I should have had the gas tank, shroud and boost upgrade straight away like I had the crossbow when I got my first gun locker.

Go to a mechanic and then when in that menu there should be an option like press R2 to see custom ones. You unlock full bike customizations by playing. I couldn't find them for ages either. But they were in the visuals menu but needed an extra R2 press to get the extra menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

So is the general consensus that the game is pretty good and enjoyable?

Seems as if its getting a good reception here? And it trust most of you lot more than reviewers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

I think it looks and plays well

Also can see bend making a sequel and if this was their first attempt at open world it’s not bad

Regarding reviews, I prefer meta critic user reviews over most professional reviews

State of decay is my guilty pleasure, I’ve installed and deleted many times and know all its faults but I still play

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Got a couple of hours in so still really on but really liking it so far. The shotgun packs a nice punch sending limbs flying. The melee weapons are nice and vicious. The boot knife has some really nice kill animations, loving the combat so far. A couple of freakers I was fighting turned into a big group. The panic of getting to my bike and tearing through them was great. I already care more about my bike than main characters from other games.

Also, photo mode is a treat.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1121923354070482944?s=19
    I only copped your username change now :D

Leveling up melee in hard difficulty has paid dividends :)

Stamina too

• Advertisement

New patch just showed up on my PS4 pro

Add correction lags
    Days Gone 1.05 fixes framerate drop issues.
    Various improvements in performance and stability.
    Added patches for Glitchs with days Gone version 1.05.
    Added bugfixes and minor changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

1.05 just 3 days after launch. Yeah, the game could have been kept in the oven a bit longer but the devs are obviously grinding away all weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What are the ? that appear on the map every so often ?

Anyone?

Anyone elses fans on PS4 pro going absolutely mental with this game? Division 2 did the same until I cleaned them out but this game is really putting strain on them, especially in the menus.

• Advertisement

Anyone?

Random events or points of interest but they're not your average question marks in open world games. I've seen a few, headed in its direction and then it disappeared. I checked the main map and no sign. They don't seem to last long. I managed to find the area where one disappeared and looked like a wolf attack. I was able to search the area which pointed me up a hill using detective mode but I didn't find anything. The freakers roaming nearby made me retreat instead of look more. Wish they would stay on the map longer or permanently once found and investigated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

What are the ? that appear on the map every so often ?

Anyone?

Hordes as far as I can tell. Biked over in the dark and got the shock of my life

So is the general consensus that the game is pretty good and enjoyable?

Seems as if its getting a good reception here? And it trust most of you lot more than reviewers! :D

Yeah, I'm enjoying it. I might have criticised certain elements but the gameplay is solid.

Anyone?

Random events. Can be someone in trouble, an ambush, a dead body, or just something to investigate. One was a pile if stones next to a dead person and he just kicks over the stones. Thought really weird but it ties in about 20 hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Anyone?

They're pointless most of the time. Thy generally just require you to use survival vision to follow tracks that nearly always lead to a corpse. The first time I thought I had just got there too late, but my most recent one was a pointless trek up to a wooden tower. Climbed the ladder and it was a corpse with 5 pistol bullets.

Sometimes they result in a hostage situation which is admittedly more useful as you can send the hostage back to a camp once rescued.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I had one where I went to investigate a backpack that I thought would have something in it only for 3 lads with bats to jump out from behind a rock.

I ran backwards and ran straight into their snare trap and got taken hostage :pac:

When you're clearing out the nero outposts does anyone know how to destroy the speakers up high on the floodlights ? The one's on the roof are grand since you can just cut them off. I know you can shoot them but there's probably a more silent way.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I had one where I went to investigate a backpack that I thought would have something in it only for 3 lads with bats to jump out from behind a rock.

I ran backwards and ran straight into their snare trap and got taken hostage :pac:

When you're clearing out the nero outposts does anyone know how to destroy the speakers up high on the floodlights ? The one's on the roof are grand since you can just cut them off. I know you can shoot them but there's probably a more silent way.

Shooting is the only way I've seen. Just use a suppressed weapon, or maybe the crossbow.

Gyan84 wrote: »

Get a oil filter out of a car engine and use it as a silencer then shoot them off. I've not found any other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,722 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Having to make sure your bike is got enough fuel seemed like it would be an interesting enough game mechanic when I was reading about it but its a bit of a pain in the arse at times and it can make you unwilling to explore the map at times

I recommend that you fit a bigger fuel tank to your bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

My favourite part is the bear bolting away in the opposite direction

ERG89 wrote: »
    My favourite part is the bear bolting away in the opposite direction

Ha I missed that, bear don't want no horde action!

Bend has posted on Reddit about the latest patch, seems light but they say they're working on bigger issues like audio dropping.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DaysGone/comments/bidc22/days_gone_105_patch_notes/

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I recommend that you fit a bigger fuel tank to your bike.

Also don't forget you can drive up to petrol pumps and fill up using the circle button. They are all over the place.

Also don't forget you can drive up to petrol pumps and fill up using the circle button. They are all over the place.

Actually never copped that.

Folks I'm just warning you

I've been targeted again for end game spoilers

Same as RDR2

I used savvi here and didn't look at contents of PM

This is going on a year now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Same as RDR2

Someone on here is pming you spoilers?

Someone on here is pming you spoilers?

I made a thread about it before and it was closed down

Yes it's going on a year

Same as RDR2

That's really crappy. Why would someone be so petty?

I made a thread about it before and it was closed down

Yes it's going on a year

I would report the pm's.

• Advertisement

Few other tips i found out.

Petrol: Mechanics will top you up for a fee at the bases, they will also come collect you for a fee if you run out of petrol in the open. You can top up at petrol stations, your lookout base, or with the red cans for free.

Do the bandit camps early, in the bunkers you find blueprints to unlock better gadgets. Melee weapons, smoke bombs, pipe bombs.

Save strangers and send them to camps, getting thrust to level 2 gets good guns and reduces the issues with gunplay.

Also level 2 bike upgrades also give a bigger petrol tank and much better control and performance. Makes driving much more fun.

Less zombies come out of nests at night so are easier to burn out, but there are more zombies knocking around so still hard.

Advertisement