Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread glitches

Options
  • 12-11-2018 12:47am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A few threads i post on regularly are showing a glitch where the last post is not visible even though i have an indication a new post is there. Happenes moat notably in the 'where are you right now' thread in AH but has popped elsewhere recently

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just came to report the exact same issue

• Registered Users Posts: 40,176 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This is happening now with the Trivial things that annoy thread in AH. It says the last post is at 13.56 but the last post when you open the thread is from before that.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057916953&page=96

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Gremlinertia,

We thought that posts being hidden or deleted might be prompting this, but that doesn't appear to be the case. We are currently investigating to see what might be causing the issue. It seems to happen sporadically, as I was able to access last post right away, and seems to rectify itself later in the page, but I can understand the frustration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Dick Swiveller

I appear to be having a problem with viewing new posts. The number one is showing in the top right beside my name but when I click on the thread it doesn't show the newest post. For example, I posted on the lunchtime with Ciara Kelly thread on the radio forum, but when I click on the thread my post isn't showing - even though it shows it as the last post posted before I click on the thread.

Edit: Actually the problem is only happening on the Ciara Kelly thread. I commented on the hard shoulder and it is showing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,492 ✭✭✭Inviere

I (and others) are having this issue in the Motorsport forum, new posts in the general chat thread, can't view them. This is the url when I click "goto first new post" on Desktop, Chrome, W10 - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108608146#post108608146

• Advertisement

Inviere wrote: »
    I (and others) are having this issue in the Motorsport forum, new posts in the general chat thread, can't view them. This is the url when I click "goto first new post" on Desktop, Chrome, W10 - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108608146#post108608146

The problem seems to have resolved itself for me. It happened a few days ago too and resolved itself. I'll write in this thread if it happens again.

Boards.ie Employee

Hi Stoolcup and Inviere,

I've merged two threads on the matter so that we can keep people in the loop and make it easier to get additional information from more users. Looking into the issue at the moment. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This has been happening a while now for me. It’s usually the first two posts on a new page get “stuck” and you can’t view them until a third poster posts. Usually if you click “full site” on the bottom of the page you can see the posts, so it’s just a touch site issue, seemingly.

It's happening again.

This has been happening a while now for me. It’s usually the first two posts on a new page get “stuck” and you can’t view them until a third poster posts. Usually if you click “full site” on the bottom of the page you can see the posts, so it’s just a touch site issue, seemingly.

no i get it on PC as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I can't see the first new post on a thread just now on my laptop with Firefox but can see it on the touch site on my phone with Chrome?

Boards.ie Employee

Buford T. Justice V, what thread did that occur on?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Still having issues with 'where are you right now' thread in AH on pc and phone through chrome, cookies cleared etc.

this is happening again for me on this thread. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057916953&page=99

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Here is another example I noticed this morning in the Android forum.

ebLUO9w.png

Link: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057928699

There was a reply at 11:20 which is not showing on the thread list.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm getting the same on a couple of threads, notably the TH thread and another one in a private forum. Legacy site, both on Vivaldi and Firefox. However, if I click onto the responsive site then the posts are there. What happens is, I click on "view latest unread post", but instead of being brought there I get brought to the top of the page where my last unread post is.

The other weird thing is that if I'm replying to a post in certain threads (including the reported posts one), some of my posts get posted behind the original message I'm replying to, as if I had actually written it before - not sure if ths is related to it at all.

Buford T. Justice V, what thread did that occur on?
    This one.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057901177&page=38
    Still can't get past page 38 to page 39 on Firefox but straight into in on Chrome on the phone. There's two new posts in the thread from where I can't access it on FireFox but 20+ posts in the thread in Chrome? I'm guessing deleted posts or some such is changing the number of posts being shown on the touch site?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just went to the last post in the 'Dublin fire brigade on twitter' in Motors and it brought me to a post from 11-11-2018, 06:19

Boards.ie Employee

Hmmm, I'm only seeing 38 pages worth of posts available on both Chrome and Firefox (40 posts per page).

Hmmm, I'm only seeing 38 pages worth of posts available on both Chrome and Firefox (40 posts per page).
    Sorry, my bad, stuck on page 37 on the laptop and wouldn't go to page 38.
    Post #1481 was the post I couldn't see at the beginning of page 38 but I'm on it now on the laptop.
    Post#1455 is showing up for me as the first post on page 38 on the touch site?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    I'm getting the same on a couple of threads, notably the TH thread and another one in a private forum. Legacy site, both on Vivaldi and Firefox. However, if I click onto the responsive site then the posts are there. What happens is, I click on "view latest unread post", but instead of being brought there I get brought to the top of the page where my last unread post is.

The other weird thing is that if I'm replying to a post in certain threads (including the reported posts one), some of my posts get posted behind the original message I'm replying to, as if I had actually written it before - not sure if ths is related to it at all.

I forgot to mention, these are threads I'm subscribed to.

Boards.ie Employee

Been trying to do some testing on various threads. If you spot any that are short (such as the Android Devices thread Mr E linked above, which appears to be rectified now - though we'll see how it holds up with new replies), it would be particularly helpful (easier to compare numbers, what replies are being counted, etc.).

Been trying to do some testing on various threads. If you spot any that are short (such as the Android Devices thread Mr E linked above, which appears to be rectified now - though we'll see how it holds up with new replies), it would be particularly helpful (easier to compare numbers, what replies are being counted, etc.).

The TH thread is stuck for me at the moment, it's showing as unread although the last post was before 2PM.

Boards.ie Employee

I hope you're not suggesting that as a short thread; it's more than 5,000 posts long :D (Edit: It is worth highlighting any threads you see though for greatest frame of reference, so thanks)

Seems to be an issue across a few threads, but currently can't see a pattern to it. The Android thread was just 3 posts, for example. Keeping a note of the threads impacted, but a nice short thread that's gone a little off the rails is the easiest to check and double check. And less likely to be thrown by posts deleted, thread merges, etc., though we can see these.

I hope you're not suggesting that as a short thread; it's more than 5,000 posts long :D (Edit: It is worth highlighting any threads you see though for greatest frame of reference, so thanks)

Seems to be an issue across a few threads, but currently can't see a pattern to it. The Android thread was just 3 posts, for example. Keeping a note of the threads impacted, but a nice short thread that's gone a little off the rails is the easiest to check and double check. And less likely to be thrown by posts deleted, thread merges, etc., though we can see these.

Sorry Mark, I missed the keyword "short"... :o

Boards.ie Employee

:D It's all good.

Some threads appear to be rectifying themselves...Lunchtime Live with Ciara Kelly and You Annoy Trivially That Things in AH look right according to the DB at least. Are they behaving themselves in practice?

Someone just added a post to the TH thread and that seems to have "unstuck" it for now. Incidentally, up to a few days ago, in Vivaldi only, clicking on the "view unread" button on that thread from my subscription list was still bringing me to the Glen Hansard AMA page or returning a 404 message. Again, not sure if it's related.

It's definitely not a caching issue. ;)

Boards.ie Employee

Just in case it's a caching issue, could we get users encountering this problem to clear their cache please.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,091 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've just experienced this, it's not a caching issue. The forum level shows the last post correctly, the thread has no sign of it.

But others can see the post, so I'm guessing a replication issue.

Advertisement