Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Refugees who escaped truck in laois not being searched for.

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Taytoland wrote: »
    No surprise. Leo Varadkar is weak on crime, weak on border controls, just weak in general. Time for him to resign.

True - but also true of all the main parties. There are no dissenting voices to our navy collusion with Med trafficking gangs in the mainstream Irish political offerings. They all WANT weak borders. Not one of those illegal Albanian lads is going to be sent home -- mark my words.
    They want a fractious society that has no resistance to their impositions. They want a labour market glut to put downward pressure on wages. They want a new bottom layer for their 'infinite' growth ponzi scheme.
    And the 'left' cannot get enough of it. Nobody out there is representing the Irish worker in all of this.

sure wasn't Saint Patrick himself a foreigner?

Unscrupulous sheep farmer wouldn't employ an Irish person. Then got sanctimonious with the Irish who grumbled about the low-rent foreigner. This thing is as old as the hills. When will we ever learn.

All be much better off here if the bould illegal Patricius was vetted and sent back at the Antrim slaver's expense.
    No endless rosaries.
    No molested altar boys.
    No laundries misery.
    That Christian thing literally ripped the place in two.

If these guys are Albanians who came from Spain I would give them a choice as to which one they go back to (chargeable to the lorry drivers company). But they won't be defrauding us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭cloudy90210

Why can't they be deported back to Albania? There's no civil war or unrest there. This is infuriating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,987 ✭✭✭✭zell12

These stowaways were on a truck for days, through security and stuff, 26 hour crossing

How many more are coming through undetected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

mvl wrote: »
    I am intrigued by this myself. So thinking few options (feel free to add):
    1. they would run if they were planning to get on a different island to begin with
    2. they would run if they don't know the laws of the country they are landing in (as in ... they would have the right to work in here after bla period of time)
    3. they would run off to tell/get their friends over
    4. someone else helped them to run off cause they have better work lined up for them
    5. this thing never happened, its only one of those fake news

Maybe they are trying to get to the north and into the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Arytonblue

I personally would have to rate today's outrage thread #739 an islam out of gender pronoun. It had some promise and some early highlights, but it just didn't capture the imagination of our resident outragites. Now, that Peter Casey sequel thread? Makings of an all time classic.

Arytonblue wrote: »
    I personally would have to rate today's outrage thread #739 an islam out of gender pronoun. It had some promise and some early highlights, but it just didn't capture the imagination of our resident outragites. Now, that Peter Casey sequel thread? Makings of an all time classic.

Are they not discussing what you want to discuss?
    That could be a fixable problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Arytonblue wrote: »

I personally would have to rate your sentence construction abilities #0. It had some promise and early highlights, but it just didn't make much sense in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,987 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Still going on, but not making headlines much.

Gardai made the discovery in Cooladine, Enniscorthy on Saturday after the men fled the truck which was unloading in the Kilpierce area. The 8 men have been refused leave to land as they have no official documentation.

https://www.sundayworld.com/latest-news/garda-probe-after-eight-men-found-fleeing-truck-that-had-arrived-into-rosslare-port-41163091.html https://www.southeastradio.ie/2021/12/8-suspected-migrants-await-repatriation-after-lorry-escape-in-enniscorthy/

Advertisement